Enough of the messing around....new targets to aim for

M Louise H

Gold Member
Enough is enough now. I've been at this since I was 9 years old but this has been my most successful campaign to date. I hit my target of 11 stone in November last year then went to the UK for Christmas. In 2 weeks I gained 11 lbs and have been messing around ever since and sadly have fallen back into my old bingeing habits. It seems I have to have a target for myself otherwise I just come off the rails, so my target is to be back at 11 stone by Easter (Greek Easter that is, Sunday 5 May). That gives me 7 weeks to lose 12 lbs. The glitch in the middle is my birthday at the end of March but I'll deal with that when it arrives!

Time to get serious again and reacquaint myself with my girl crush that is Jillian Michaels. I've even dug out my Davina DVD and have to say that I have just completed the whole first workout with no problems at all, I even found it a little bit easy compared to the Shred. So, here we go: -

Tuesday 19 March

Green Day

Breakfast: 2 slices wholemeal HEB1, 75g Philadelphia Light HEA1, 250ml skimmed milk HEA2
Lunch: Baked Potato, Cottage Cheese 1 syn, Banana, 0% fruit yoghurt
Dinner: SW Chips, mushy peas

Exercise: L3 D6 30 Day Shred, Davina 30 minute Pump

Any advice, pointers and motivation gratefully accepted!!

Go for it girl!!!!

I talked to my sister (she's at target and has been for a while) about treats and how we use food to achieve happiness, which inevitably becomes unhappiness/guilt when we put weight on. So I have decided that for any milestone I reach I will treat myself but with something non-edible. I have just bought a pair of hair straighteners to celebrate my 1st stone loss. Is there anything you want for your birthday that will give you as good a satisfaction as eating or drinking? You mentioned having fun with your daughter can you do something to celebrate with her? I can see the problem with Easter, fortunately our Greek friends who we go to every year are tea-total so we don't have the alcohol syns, trying to explain to the other guest about not eating is fun but that's another story! Perhaps you could make some food to share that is free and eat lots of that? Or save up some syns? Don't focus on it being a time of binging because that'll take away some of your focus for the next 12 weeks.

I am up for that i hadn't set myself a mini goal because i don't like being disappointed if i don't reach them but then if i don't i don't strive for it and end up sat back and plodding along which is when i fall in to old patterns and go off plan.

So my first mini goal is to lose 1.5stone by the same date. I lost 5lbs in the first week but i am usually a lb a week sort of loser. So that leaves me 7 week to lose 16lb just over 2 pound.

If i don't push myself who is going to.

Go for it girl!!!!

I talked to my sister (she's at target and has been for a while) about treats and how we use food to achieve happiness, which inevitably becomes unhappiness/guilt when we put weight on. So I have decided that for any milestone I reach I will treat myself but with something non-edible. I have just bought a pair of hair straighteners to celebrate my 1st stone loss. Is there anything you want for your birthday that will give you as good a satisfaction as eating or drinking? You mentioned having fun with your daughter can you do something to celebrate with her? I can see the problem with Easter, fortunately our Greek friends who we go to every year are tea-total so we don't have the alcohol syns, trying to explain to the other guest about not eating is fun but that's another story! Perhaps you could make some food to share that is free and eat lots of that? Or save up some syns? Don't focus on it being a time of binging because that'll take away some of your focus for the next 12 weeks.

The bit about the Greek friends and explaining to them about not eating just made me think of the scene in My Big Fat Greek Wedding "He don't eat no meat?! It's ok, I make lamb!" :D

I am up for that i hadn't set myself a mini goal because i don't like being disappointed if i don't reach them but then if i don't i don't strive for it and end up sat back and plodding along which is when i fall in to old patterns and go off plan.

So my first mini goal is to lose 1.5stone by the same date. I lost 5lbs in the first week but i am usually a lb a week sort of loser. So that leaves me 7 week to lose 16lb just over 2 pound.

If i don't push myself who is going to.

Woop woop - we can do it!!!

How are you finding it? Are you finding the time to plan any meals as well as looking after the twins?

The bit about the Greek friends and explaining to them about not eating just made me think of the scene in My Big Fat Greek Wedding "He don't eat no meat?! It's ok, I make lamb!" :D

LOL!!! It's true! I also get offerings with the meat picked out. Yum.

Ok I will also give it a go! I will try to reach my target - so 4.8kg to loose in 7 weeks, about a third of a kilo a week. Besides I want some new shoes for summer :D

I am doing ok. Thank goodness for my slow cooker and being able to make in batch. Just make sure i plan well with the shop. I have a marvelous husband who helps me with the twins and also supportive and eats sw meals with me. Run off my feet but coping. Thankfully they are sleeping 6-8 hours over night which helps.

My mini goal is to get my club 10 sticker by my birthday (April 30th.)

I think this is achievable.

I also commit to the 30 day shred, day 1 was yesterday!

Wednesday 20 March

Green Day

Breakfast: 2 slices wholemeal HEB1, 75g Philadelphia Light HEA1, 250ml skimmed milk HEA2
Lunch: Mushy Peas (classy, I know!), 0% fruit yoghurt, Alpen Light Bar 3 syns
Dinner: Chilli with peppers, 95g mince HEB2 and rice

Exercise: L3 D7 30 Day Shred, Davina 30 minute Cardio Box

Last edited:
I'm in too. My target is to reach 11st by 5th May which is our wedding anniversary. I will wear a size twelve outfit that is in the wardrobe even if I have to use a whalebone corset!!!

So that gives me 12lbs to lose in 7 weeks ie less than 2lbs a week. I have been slow to start this week so will be kind to myself and accept a 1/2 lb loss this Sunday as long as I know I am back on track. Don't want to fall at the first hurdle.

To help me achieve this I need some visual motivators, as well as you guys. I will set up two glass containers, one with 24marbles in it (one for every half pound I need to lose) As they come off, the marble gets moved from one to the other until container number two is full. Will post a pic when it's ready to go.

Today I did kettle bells and I will take Jillian with me when working away from home later in the week. I use two cans of beans as the weights which is better than nothing.

So back to menu planning yet again

Thursday. -green day

Bfast: Beans and scrambled egg. Kiwi fruit
Lunch: homemade tomato soup. Lentil pâté on ryvita
Dinner: vegetable stir fry with rice noodles.
Snacks: pineapple slices, apple, cream cheese on ryvita with jam. Iced coffee.

Will get out the green tea again and make sure I do 10,000 steps a day.

Thanks for setting this up MLH

Thursday 21 March

Green Day

Lunch: Pasta, Banana, 0% fruit yoghurt, Alpen Light Bar 3 syns
Dinner: Cheese & Onion Mash Pie with 30g cheese HEB2, Baked beans

Exercise: None

Friday 22 March

Red Day

Lunch: Bananas, 0% Fruit Yoghurts, Alpen Light 3 syns
Dinner: Pork Filet, Mushrooms, Baked Potato HEB2, Cottage Cheese 1 syn, Lettuce Salad with Dressing 1 syn

Exercise: None - knackered my back dressing my daughter this morning :(

Last edited:
Friday 22 March

Red Day

Lunch: Bacon, scrambled eggs and mushrooms
Dinner: Pork Filet, Baked Potato HEB2, Cottage Cheese 1 syn, Lettuce Salad with Dressing 1 syn

Exercise: None - knackered my back dressing my daughter this morning :(
Hope you feel better soon...doing well this week though aren't you :)

Saturday 23 March

Red Day

Lunch: Boiled Eggs, Mackerel in tomato sauce, lettuce salad, 4 x Ryvitas HEB2
Dinner: Sea Bass, Swordfish, Lettuce Salad with Dressing 1 syn, 1/2 Twix 7 syns, 0% Fruit Yoghurt

Exercise: None - back no better! Edit: managed 1/2 hour walk

Last edited:
Back