Enough syns for my weight?

frankied

Silver Member
I'm having so far (first week) between 7.5 and 11. Is this enough for a start weight of 18 stone my height 5"4? I full so full by the end of the day I don't really want anymore,
but will it affect my losses? Or should it be fine?

My group leader didn't say how many I should be having

Hi Hun they say have between 5 and 15 it doesn't matter what ur weight is as long as you have them. If u look at the sticky sw and newcomers it will give u more guidance. They do like you to eat your syns though as if u hit a plateau later on you could reduce them, but if your not having any u have none to take away I think lol xxx

If you are struggling to have all your syns (15 per day or 105 over the wk)go with 70 a wk and stay there, if you yo yo with your syns then so will your weight so you should have them! Don't deny yourself cos you think you might loose a bit more if you don't have that chocolate bar or glass of wine etc, thats what they are there for! I've started using mine a lot in cooking ie having extra cheese, sauce mixes, and even l/f spread on bread! hope this helps and good luck with you weight loss journey x

I started at 15 stone, 5' 5" and I've been having 15 syns a day/ 105 a week and been losing steadily. I often use them on olive oil etc rather than just chocolate, oh and on wine! I think having this many will give me the ability to reduce then if I start to struggle when I weigh less. Good luck!

You could try adding syns to your food if you're too full to have them seperately. I do it and use it for things like sugar or a little bit of cream or butter, or for salami etc.... It worked really well for me because I was having trouble fitting them all in.

I have found in the past that 10 syns a day is best for my weight loss. But I also know that if I want to have some extra syns on a day, then i've still got up to 15 if I want them.

I would suggest starting on 15 and seeing how you get on, as you can always cut back if your losses slow down in the future.

10 syns a day seems to work for me, right in the middle. And theres no way i could go through the day without a piece of choccie :) xx

Our c says start with 15 then if your weightloss slows go down to 10. If you don't eat plenty of them when you start off then you have nowhere to go when loss slows.

reckon all the Cs go with what worked for them..... must admit, I only have a few a day, and spend the rest on beer!!!
My OH was asking me why I hadn't opened the tin of quality street - 5 teeny chocs or a pint of lager - no contest, the tin remains unopened lol

As you have a lot to lose I would use them all. An "average" SW diet is around 1500 cals a day and that is not a lot for someone who is very overweight (I don't mean that in a nasty way - I'm in the same boat) and I don't lose weight if I don't eat enough.

Some days i have around 8 or 9, then some days i have upto 15, depends on what im doing or where im going.

x

As you have a lot to lose I would use them all. An "average" SW diet is around 1500 cals a day and that is not a lot for someone who is very overweight (I don't mean that in a nasty way - I'm in the same boat) and I don't lose weight if I don't eat enough.

This is very true.

If you get a huge shock change in calorie consumption the body does tend to go into panic mode & retain everything. That can cause weight gain.

The syns are there for a reason. Use em.

I used all of my syns and maybe a few cheeky ones on the side and still lost 2kg in a week :) (i'm 20stoneish)

Back