Epic fail this week :)

glammam

OK my turn to confess! Since last thursday I have fallen off the wagon big time. Don't know if it was the excitement of finishing work for the summer, the sun or going away for a few days. Well basically I have been barbequing, leaving parties, shovelling kit kat chunkies (with peanut butter) down my throat like there is no tomorrow, drinking every alcoholic beverage in site, meals out....weighed today and the damage is....gulp 6 pounds. I am due tho so I am hoping that will count for a few pounds. i am feeling ok about it tho and feel that this is the wake up call I needed. Also feel ready now to finish the last part of my Dukan journey. Going on hols the end of August and hoping to lose 10-12 pounds for this. I do know now that eating lots of carbs does me no go at all. I have been constantly hungry since I have been back on them and feeling really sluggish and lathargic. Not to mention huge! Feeling much better carb free today and I want to keep this in mind for the next time I feel tempted. Here's to the last part of my Dukan journey.....

Well, it happens...
I'm glad you are back on the diet.

Next time you will feel tempted, just remember it is not worth it.
I noticed something regarding sugar products, especially chocolate: only the first bites are good, after the sugar rush kicks in... I don't feel any taste at all...
just overwhelming, nauseating sugar...

Oh heck, it does happen though hun, but the best bit is that you have realised how bad this was and that you aren't likely to do it again.

Good for you for getting through today i hope tomorrow is easier again.

Elisheba said:
I noticed something regarding sugar products, especially chocolate: only the first bites are good, after the sugar rush kicks in... I don't feel any taste at all...
just overwhelming, nauseating sugar...

You're right Elish, after the first mouthful the pleasure is gone ....

P x

It almost felt like I wrote this thread...! Since Monday I have had a very poor week! It started with me coming home waaaay later than expected and on a starving stomach craving carbs. Bk on attack on Tuesday then had sushi and pizza and cakes in the evening :( bk on attack on Wednesday but off the wagon in the evening(!!!) bk on attack on Thursday - wow I actually made the whole Thursday...but MEGA BINGE ON FRIDAY. I hate kitkat but since hubby always has it at home I kept on eating one after another, scones, cakes, biscuits, ice cream, sushi, more kit kat...!! TOTM and makes me crave chocolate but this is soooo bad! Too scare to weigh myself, I was soooo happy abt the loss of sugar cravings on dukan, how will I ever get bk on track :(

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

OH maddie I know its hard. I felt conmpletely out of control last week. I know i was eating for the sake of it a lot of the time and I felt a bit down in myself so even felt like I was eating to punish myself in a way. Not doing that again, I hope. Just weighing straight away was the best thing for me because I think I woulld have kept on eating if I hadnt faced up to it. I've lost 2 pound of that gain already so feel I can carry on now and feel more determined than ever to get to goal. You can do it. Just make a fresh start and get back on it. Good luck xxx

We all have these wobbles and epic falls from the Dukan plan, sometimes, i think, in my case anyway, that I need to learn to eat consciously, think about the food you put in your mouth, ask yourself do i want this chocolate bar? if you do want it make yourself wait for it by putting it back and waiting 10 minutes, have a hot drink, and then if you still want it ask the question again. if you do want it, have it, but at least you know that you have eaten it consciously and you will know that it could stall your weight loss.

I need print this out and put it on my fridge lol

Glammam ur right, I need to face the no on the scale, I will only let ut get worse and worse if I don't own up to the damage! You just made me realise that whenever I'm on a diet or being healthy I weigh myself regularly as soon as I know I've been "not so unhealthy" I stop weighing myself because I'd rather not know...BAD IDEA! only up from here- been good today (minus the exercise!).

xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Yes just do it. Get on the scales. i had planned to wait a week before weighing but knew I would carry on being naughty. I was gutted when I weighed but I have been so strict the last few days that half the gain has gone already. Also, started doing the 30 day shred dvd that I have been on about doing for ages. Only done it 3 times so far but its a start. I feel really determined now to get to goal, and all that binging made me feel horrible. Its funny what a difference that few pounds make to how you feel about yourself. Dont want to feel yucky like that again. no food is worth that. Good luck xxx

Just 2 lbs left before this gain has gone. Phew, not going to have a blowout like that again, just not worth it. Going on hols in 3 weeks. I know I will have a gain but I am really looking forward to tucking into all that fresh fish and salad. Just have to curb the vodka! x

Glad its nearly gone, bet you will love the hols.

Back