Epsom salts

NewMummy2012

I've recently heard a lot about Epsom salts getting rid of excess water, has anyone tried bathing in them?

I've recently heard a lot about Epsom salts getting rid of excess water, has anyone tried bathing in them?

I haven't personally used Epsom Salts for weightloss but I have for dealing with aches and pains. Now I can't be quoted as saying it definitely does all of the following, but it is alleged to have other good health benefits such as:

Eases stress, relaxes the body, improves sleep and concentration. Magnesium aids in serotonin production, a hormone that influences a sense overall well-being.
Relieves pain and muscle cramps by reducing lactic acid. Epsom salt is also known to ease pain and inflammation, making it a beneficial treatment for bronchial asthma, migraines, and recurrent colds and sore throats.
Helps muscles and nerves function properly.
Helps prevent hardening of arteries and blood clots. Epsom salt is believed to improve heart health and help prevent heart disease and strokes by improving blood circulation, lowering blood pressure, protecting the elasticity of arteries, preventing blood clots and reducing the risk of sudden heart attack deaths.
Makes insulin more effective. Proper magnesium and sulfate levels increase the effectiveness of insulin in the body, helping to lower the risk or severity of diabetes.
Relieves constipation. Taken internally, Epsom salt acts as a detoxifying agent for colon cleansing. The salt acts like a laxative by increasing water in the intestines and can bring about temporary relief from constipation.
Eliminates toxins from the body. The sulfates in Epsom salt help to flush toxins and heavy metals from the cells, easing muscle pain and helping the body to eliminate harmful substances. Your skin is a highly porous membrane and adding the right minerals to your bathwater triggers a process called reverse osmosis, which actually pulls salt out of your body.
Mineral-rich Epsom salt bathwater can help turn rough, dry skin into smooth, soft skin, especially if you use partially dissolved salt crystals to exfoliate dead skin cells and rough spots. Epsom salt baths also can be a soothing at-home treatment for serious skin conditions, such as psoriasis or eczema. Of course, if you do have any chronic skin conditions, you might want to check with your doctor before sitting down for a soak.

I googled it after seeing your post and found the following article;

Epsom Salt Bath Weight Loss: Facts or Hoax?

As with any product it's ultimately your call and its wise to do plenty of research to be sure it's what you want to do.

I might give it a try tonight and see if the bath makes any difference to the weightloss or any other things seen as I have some stashed away lol.

Do u weigh yourself everyday? Let me know how u get on

LIKE try not to weigh myself daily as it can really get inside my head and wind myself up.....but I still do it lol.

just had the bath so will weigh myself tomorrow morning before I drink anything and see if this stuff works,p! Was sweating like mad in that bath and could only manage 25mins....at the very least I feel relaxed and hopefully my skin will be nice....:D

I wouldnt use it, it would help to dehydrate you. Not what you want really.x

So this mornings I was down 1lb! However, I doubt I would put it down to the Epsom bath though as its probably the shakes! It was a nice bath and I felt relaxed and less bloated to be honest, so I know it's good for that.....perhaps a few more sessions would be more telling, who knows! :)

I might try it then, skin could do with a pick me up at the very least :)

I might try it then, skin could do with a pick me up at the very least :)

Not a ad reason to do it....I actually put in coconut oil (1tbsp) as well as its good for moisturising the skin, then followed up with covering myself in cocoa butter....felt lovely and soft today....also stopped me thinking of food for a while lol

Back