ereaders, tablets etc

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by JackieN, 25 July 2011 Social URL.

1. JackieN

JackieN Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st7.5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st5.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(0.81%)
    Diet:
    Slowly cutting out refined sugar and cooking more from scratch
    Anyone have one? Are they good? I am thinking of getting myself one to take on holiday. Its a 10.2" Flytouch 3 Superpad 2 16gb one... Means nothing to me at all.

I just want to be able to check my emails, reply to emails, research online (so long as WIFI available) read ebooks, store photos, use the SW app.

Does anyone know if I can do all this on one of these? I had looked at ereaders but as this does abit more thought I might get one

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. tara40

tara40 Loves Norman Reedus

Start Weight:
    15st10lb
    Current Weight:
    13st9.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0.5lb(12.95%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    is this the same as a Kindle. I am thinking about getting my mum one for Christmas, even though she said that she wouldnt like one, because of the glare, but i have been assured that there isnt a glare even when you are reading on a beach.

4. JackieN

JackieN Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st7.5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st5.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(0.81%)
    Diet:
    This is what I've heard too. Yes apparently its like a kindle. What I liked about this one is that it came with a leather case and keyboard (for people like me that might light to use a keyboard) but you can use touch screen too.

I never thought I'd read 'ebooks' but going on holiday and I usually pack 5 or 6 paperbacks but in theory I can just put them on this instead?

5. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Tara a Kindle is really just for reading books, it has basic internet function but its first and foremost an ereader its not for surfing etc

6. JackieN

JackieN Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st7.5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st5.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(0.81%)
    Diet:
    Sorry if I'm confusing you at all Tara. I am so untechnical.. what I like about this is similar price to the kindle but seems to do more, ie surf web, email, photos, watch films etc

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.