Erins Diary

Hello. Im new to this but i wanted to start a diary to try to keep up my motivation. My name is Erin, Im 24 years old and live in Kent. I started taking Xenical about 3 weeks ago. I first weighed myself on the 3rd January and weighed 22st 8lbs, tomorrow will be 4 weeks on and im going to weigh myself then to find out if i have lost anything. its been really hard waiting 4 weeks to weigh myself so i think im going to do it weekly from now on.

I might as well say a little about my weight loss journey so far. I have always been overweight and have tried every diet imaginable and i always manage to loss a stone or 2 then put it back on, plus another few. about 6 months ago i was refered by my doctor to a special weight loss clinic run by the NHS in my area called tipping the balance, there i was weighed by a nurse and given advise about what to do to try to lose weight. i was told i would never lose weight on my own and had to have weight loss surgery. I was prescribed Xenical but given no guidence and then sent on my way. Ive been too scared to use the tablets since then and have pretty much just maintained my weight since. I just felt so down and defeated by what the nurse had said and felt like whats the point. I went and saw the nurse in december and it turned out my application for funding for the surgery had been filled in incorrectly so i am still at square one with regards to having a band done and thats when i felt a surge of stuborness. from when you are refered to operation date usually takes 10 months (so im told), if i can get my BMI under 40 (which is 17st 9lbs so a loss of 69lbs) by then i no longer qualify for the surgery so that is my plan, to show that nurse and my doctor they can stick there weight loss plan up there bums. i dont need surgery im going to do it myself. ive found this website so helpful already just seeing people success's and how supportive people are, and the advise on how to use xenical have really given me the boost i needed to try. so thank you everyone.

I also have a personal trainer who i see once a week. hes fantastic. I train with him one day and do a routine hes set me twice a week, i then do two other days a week of pure cardio and have two days off. im also trying to work up to being able to walk to work everyday too but one step at a time, dont wanna over do it.

so far things are going great, been really possitive and think i have stuck to eating right pretty well but i guess i will see tomorrow. ive got 2 more weeks until i have to see that nurse again so i really really really wanna lose a tun of weight before then to wipe that smug look off her face. im also going to order my wedding dress in 3 weeks time so i need to lose as much as possible by then so to order the smallist size possible. slightly worrying, if i lose too much before the wedding after its ordered they can only take it in 2 sizes so dont really want it to be too big. I get married on the 1st July by the way, just over 5 months to go. woop woop. thats all for now and hello everyone.
Erin xxx

Hello and welcome and good luck with your weight loss
journey , you started about the same time as me and there's no way I could go a month without the scales!!!
I weigh once a week so it gives me an idea if I'm eating correctly and also doing enough excercise.

Having an incentive to lose weight is good but remember your doing it for yourself and the added bonus of being able to prove others wrong is a personal victory.

Hi Erin, I just wanted to say hello and welcome. I'm quite new here but I've been here long enough to know that the support you'll get here is great.
It really doesn't sound like you're getting all the help you want and need from your doctor/nurse, but there are loads of people on here who can give you good advice and encouragement whenever you need it, so if you've got any questions, just ask away.

Assuming that you haven't got any medical conditions that stop you from losing weight, there's no reason why you can't lose weight without surgery! You're still young, and you sound really determined to do this, which is half the battle. Eric is right though- do this for yourself, and focus on your positive goals like your wedding dress and the way you'll feel on your wedding day.
Xenical are great so don't be afraid of them - they're a helping hand because they stop some of the fat you're eating from being absorbed, but they also stop you from over-indulging because you'll get the side effects (tango) if you have too much fat.
I was on them for 12 months a couple of years ago, and only had a couple of tango incidents. Once with fish and chips, and once with meat and potato pie! To be honest, I was being a bit cocky, thinking I could 'get away with it' but the tablets firmly reminded of what they do!

Well I won't ramble anymore!
Hope to read some more of your diary entries soon xx

Hello everyone my name is debbie ive been on oristat for 4 weeks now i havent had any side effects so far but i have lost 8lbs which is great and i exercice every day if my back dosent hurt too much i just find the fat contents a bit hard to get in i hope im doing this right debbie x

thank you for your kind words alex. Im not getting the support i need from my doc or nurse but im glad i found this place. also thanks eric for pointing that out but I am doing it for myself, i dont think its possible to lose weight for anyone else, ive tried that before, this time i want to do it for me, but rubbing it in there faces is an added bonus and has given me the boost i need to get going. and i dont think i will wait so long again to weigh myself, its like tourture. weighed myself today, and i have lost 13lbs in 4 weeks. i am so happy. i now weigh 21st 9lbs or 303lbs so my next goal is to be under 300lbs. i hope i can lose 4lbs in a week but we shall see. ive had a subway to celebrate, its one of the low fat ones anyways, with no cheese so its good anyways. but yay, very happy.

hi debbie, im not sure if im reading this right, are you saying your trying to eat enough fat as in more or your finding it hard to eat little enough? we must have started about the same time, well done on your loss so far.

im feeling so excite about the week to come, i just wanna get going and lose some more. i think i need to figure out what i wanna be eating and such, ive been finding it hard to deside what to eat, i also worry i might be eating too little or too much, i just tend to worry. lol. i also wanna try and up the exercise, i guess the more you do the better. i must be doing something right though. yay. so happy. thats all.
ERIN xx

Well done, Erin, it's all going in the right direction, and yes we CAN do this, if not with the nurse and doctors support then with the support of the people here and our loved ones. Good on you girl and keep it up!

KB

Well done Erin your progress so far is great keep it up :)

Red x

so i just went onto myfitness cause i saw it on reds signiture and was curious and have started a food diary. after put in the average days food that i have been eating for like the past couple of weeks ive noticed i have been seriously under eating, like crazy under eating. today i have had just over 1000cals and i probably wont eat anything else. and i thought i had been naughty cause i had a bag of maltesers. not much i can do about it now but as of tomorrow i need to try to eat more but not more fat, my personal trainer has told me to cut out complex carbs so im basically just eating fruit veg and meat which apparently is like no cals (well not none but very low), ive not been like not eating and i havent felt too hungry but its really not good for you to lose weight like that so thank you red for having the thing on your signiture saying to check out your food diary or else i would never have known. i hope my body hasnt like gone into starvation mode or anything. ive just done some shopping for the week on sainsburys to be delivered tomorrow so i will have lots of nice food. the last few weeks i have been working lates which means i work 2-10 and that really mess's up your diet. knowing when to eat and stuff but its good for going to the gym so i can go in the morning when its quiet and i have energy. so the week after next i will be back on normal people hours (830-430 usually) so i can start cooking dinners and stuff but that means i have to go the gym straight from work probably wont get home til about 630 but i guess thats not too bad, i just like to complain. lol. i also want to try to start walking to work soon, just feeling so positive and good at the moment. i really hope it lasts.
Erin xxx

Yea that site is great very easy to keep a track. :)

well done on your loss of 13lb in a month... thats fab!!

Hi and welcome to the site, congratualtions on your brilliant weight loss, you seem so determined, keep up the good work and you will do it, you might not have got the support from the doctors or nurse but you will get great support off all the people on this site. good luck

so ive gone a bit crazy this week. have been off work ill so i havent wanted to cook, slipped into old habits of take aways and such. been so bad. feeling really sick now, all that fatty food is not a great idea with the xenical. so im going to weigh myself tomorrow, see what the damage is and then get back to the healthy eating and exercise. im really annoyed with myself but im not going to beat myself up too bad, i know im only human, we all slip up sometimes and its not the end of the world. just get back to it. im looking forward to the next couple of weeks. feeling quite positive and ready to get back into it.
Erin xx

how is it going? was the damage bad??? have you had a better week?

Back