Erm's Photo Diary

Thanks for the falafel and the pumpkin hummus recipes :D

i second the thanks for the recipes.. i love falafels and ive never made them myself before! x

Its funny before finding the lovely Erm I never used to eat half the things I eat now :D I read her food diary and see the piccies and I've tried so many new foods. Okay I sometimes adapt them slightly but some fab ideas. Anyone else find they tell their kids to try foods as they can't say they don't like them if they don't try them and then stop and think mmmmm I don't always do that :8855:

I may give EE another go, or definatly have more EE days as there are so many ideas I want to try lol

Erm, just saw a pic of your yummy looking cobbler/cheese scone thingy on another thread! I NNNEEEEDDD the recipe (he he he..sorry for the desperation) I am actualy drooling soo badly right now! Hubby and kids are begging me to make it for tea!
Wowzers!! I love your food diary :) xx

The cobbler topping recipe is in the recipe section under cheese scones/smash scones recent thread with lots added.

Its also in the thread Cai started yesterday about not feeling well and comfort food :D We are having it for tea its a firm family favourite here :D you can use it on any stew, veggie, meat, mince etc and its delicious

Thanks JackieN, i have just been through the cheese scones thread, must have missed the cobbler recipe! Or is it just the topping recipie thats there? Whats under the topping?? LOL, sorry. Will go have another look xx

YOu can put what you like under it a veggie stew, steak stew, mince onion mushrooms peas oxo .. I do the mince, onion, mushrooms, peas, oxo

here you go in haste copy and pasted it from yesterday
One of the lovely ladies on here came up with the beef cobbler recipe, Michelle, so not sure if it ever got put in the recipe section but we've had it three times and love it

Beef cobbler

for the beef bit

packet of extra lean minced beef
2 oxo cubes
onions
mushrooms
garden peas

brown mince, drain any fat, add onions, mushrooms, peas, make oxo into gravy and add

Cobbler mix
1 pk smash
1 tub syn free cottage cheese
3 eggs
salt pepper
enough water only a splash to form this mix into scones

put beef mixture in an oven proof dish, top with scones and take for around 25 mins until golden brown

IF you want real comfort food add 28g of grated cheddar to the scone mix. Absolutely makes them and as I got 12 flat scones out of my mix thats only 1/2 syn a scone

Erms was an amazing veggie one :D its very adaptable but the above is the basics and you can tweak to suit your tastes :D

Ooohhhh THANK YOU! Sorry to be a pain! Yummy :) xx

Ooohhhh THANK YOU! Sorry to be a pain! Yummy :) xx

its an sw favourite here. I find the topping so filling I just serve with loads of veggies :D

Hiya Erm
Sorry taken over your diary today sweetie. How are you? I am so excited as my plantain came today too hard at moment though and my harissa paste. Been waiting ages to try both xxxxxxxxxxxx

i am missing your recipes and food pics aswell. you are such an inspiration to us all. you actually keep me going when i am feeling like going off plan which i have done many a times but always come and look on here again to get refocused.

Hi Erm, I was shopping in Sainsbo's and was reminded of you - they now do their own ras-el-hanout in a tub, and also i think it was you that told me about dukkah? theyre selling off the taste the difference tub of it.. was something like £2.50 and is only 60p now.. so i got some in :D now i shall trawl your diary to find the recipe i needed it for :) xxx

Im having a bad day. I was starving at 6 so had my tea early, then for some reason just had this sweetness craving. I dont really do sweetness normally. I knew there were some ladoos in the box so I thought Oh Ill just have one, but Im telling myself No cos I know I won't stop at one :mad: Didn't bloddy stop myself so now I've pigged out on half a box of ladoos :sigh: And the scales have been whinging the last 2 days that Ive put on some stupid amount that isnt physically possible. Barstewards :mad: Im even starting to wonder if theyve had it, after they came up with a couple of miracle weight losses recently. But hey, as long as its going in the down direction overall :( Which it wont be if I eat laddoes all day :sigh: About 50 syns for 10 ladoos!!! :eek: Sheesh :cry:

ermintrude said:
Im having a bad day. I was starving at 6 so had my tea early, then for some reason just had this sweetness craving. I dont really do sweetness normally. I knew there were some ladoos in the box so I thought Oh Ill just have one, but Im telling myself No cos I know I won't stop at one :mad: Didn't bloddy stop myself so now I've pigged out on half a box of ladoos :sigh: And the scales have been whinging the last 2 days that Ive put on some stupid amount that isnt physically possible. Barstewards :mad: Im even starting to wonder if theyve had it, after they came up with a couple of miracle weight losses recently. But hey, as long as its going in the down direction overall :( Which it wont be if I eat laddoes all day :sigh: About 50 syns for 10 ladoos!!! :eek: Sheesh :cry:

What are ladoos? xx

Awww Erm :bighug: its done, you've eaten them, move on sweetie. Its horrible when we crave sweetness. I had that Monday/Tuesday last week it was awful I was like a woman possessed and ate and ate sweet stuff until felt sick. I did link mine to having too much sweetner/diet drinks? Affects some like this apparently.

I am now going to google ladoos as never seen them.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ermie no matter what you do, don't beat yourself up about it as the negative thoughts could very easily spiral into deafeatist behaviour (AKA sod it, I'll just have 2 pizzas!) You've eaten the ladoos (?) now, the BEST thing to do is just carry on with SW from tomorrow. I had to give myself a stern talking to so that my Fish & Chips episode didn't turn into a disaster. I find that a good way to snap me out of the guilt and anxiety is to plan some SW meals then I get excited all over again about all the nom food I can have.

Good to see you back.

Back