Erm's Photo Diary

Erm firstly big :bighug: :bighug: hope you feel abit better soon :(

Those sausages look amazin I really must try making my own after seeing these. I had a recipe ages ago for beef and mustard ones. Finding the recipe may not be so easy as I print these things off then lose them :rolleyes: xxxxx

Ooh yummy, beef & mustard! Well these were meant to be spicy lamb and mint until I defrosted the mince an found it was beef... but by then I thought sod it and chucked all the minty stuff in anyway. :rolleyes: Spicy beef and mint. Not half as bad as it sounds! :D

Can I have the recipe for the sausages please Erm, they look lush!

I found the recipe on here somewhere but I cant find it again now :confused: I edited it quite a bit anyway, here's what I put in, you could just put anything in really. (It's nothing special but it only takes 2 minutes to whizz it all together, so dead easy :) )

Ingredients:

- 500g extra lean beef mince (was supposed to be lamb mince :rolleyes: )
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1.5 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 1.5 tsp smoked paprika
- 3 tsp dried mint
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt

Method:
- Just bung everything in a food processor and whizz really well to totally mix everything. It should be quite smooth and pasty when its mixed.

- Then roll it into sausage shapes, stick it on a lined, fry-Light sprayed tray and bake until done. I gave it about 15-20 min @ 180C covered in foil to heat through, then took the foil off, turned them over and gave them another 5 min to crisp up a bit.

6530673933_68e523f4c0_o.jpg

6530674087_86a009fae3_o.jpg

6530674509_21fcd4191e_o.jpg

Next time I might use just lean mince and syn it as they're pretty dry with extra lean - the b/f said they had the texture of kebab meat a bit, I think he's right. Id also chuck more & different flavours in (I already doubled & quadrupled some of the flavours from the original recipe, but I like things tasty! :D )

It was supposed to be lamb mince btw, which is why it has mint, cinnamon etc, I defrosted the wrong thing :rolleyes: Yeah next time I might try beef & mustard with a bit of onion, garlic, maybe chilli in? That sounds yum. You could chuck anything in really, be adventurous! :)

Sunday 18th - Red

Breakfast: Coffee 1 HEXA
Lunch: Leftover Roast veg & lentil soup 1 HEXB for lentils & parsnip
Tea: Feta & garlic stuffed chicken in Parma ham with veggies 1 HEXA for cheese, 1.5 syns for ham
Snacks: Pear, Peach, figs, Spicy sausage, carrots

Just basics for next few days as we're just using up what's in the house now before we leave on Thursday for Xmas :)

6536973569_0bbb444ce7_o.jpg

And my scales are still being barstewards grrrrr :mad: Ive put about 3lb on now so its better than the half stone it was for the last coupla days. Gonna be no loss this week though :rolleyes:

Thanks for the recipe, gonna give that a go for sure.

I weigh myself through the week too and never like what the scales say but then my scales are notoriously innaccurate.

At least you can claw back some of the gain :)

Monday 19th - Green

Breakfast: Coffee & mixed fruit in yoghurt 1 HEXA
Lunch: Spicy hummus with carrots & salad 4 syns for dressing
Tea: Whuppingasses leftovers <1 HEXB for ham
Snacks: Peach, pear, apple, satsuma

6542795427_c7ee6abf39_o.jpg

That's the last bit of Whuppingass I have to eat, finally its gone! Have to say though, its much better once its been hanging atound in the freezer for a week or so... :rolleyes:

And here's my Xmas box! All my spice mixes and stuff prepped and boxed for cooking on holiday over Xmas. BIG box this time as Im going away for 2 weeks and just the stuff for NYE is madness itself! :eek: Least I dont have to cart it back with me :)

6542795545_07243b71b9_o.jpg

Last edited:
:wavey: hello lovely and how are you ? I do hope two weeks away doesn't mean you won't be on here for 2 weeks :eek: :cry:

food looks fab as always and wow how organised are you and such a good idea to take it with you :D xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

It's partly the cost and partly the amount of stuff we have to carry! :sigh: As neither of us drive (I'm epileptic, he's dyspraxic) everything has to come with us in our rucksacks. In the past I've taken spice jars with me but then you have to either cart the unused stuff back or leave it behind so it costs you a bladdy fortune! These days I use the big bumper bags of spices from the ethnic shops for my regular spices anyway, so a while back I just started mixing whatever I need for each meal and sticking it in a jar for big mixes or just wrapped in tin foil for tiny mixes, then we can just recycle the glass when we've finished and nothing has to come home with us :)

Yeah I dont think Ill be here until January after today cos I wont have any internet access upo that end :( Leaving tomorrow morning for 2 weeks up North brrrrrrr :gen125:

Tuesday 20th - Green

Breakfast: Coffee & mixed fruit in yoghurt 1 HEXA
Lunch: Spicy hummus with carrot sticks; brussels sprouts & broccoli in brown sauce :rolleyes: 2 syns
Tea: Dhal soup thingummy concoction <1 HEXB for oil
Snacks: Pear, peach, apple, satsuma

Just using stuff up now beforew Crimbo travels/travailles :rolleyes:

6548132887_5dde0f9c4d_o.jpg

And miraculously Ive won 1lb off! :eek: Earlier in the week I put half a stone on nearly overnight so thought it was gonna be a gain or at least a STS even by WI but it appears to have miraculously buggered off! TOTM as usual, I always lose a bit less then but this month was a *****, couldn't go to the loo for 2 days (yes thats my Xmas TMI for you all :8855: ), I wasn't drinking much water either and lentils were off the menu for most of the week :rolleyes:

Then lentils for tea last night and plenty to drink - I peed for Britain all night :D And this morning, voila, the half stone had entirely gone and I won a Chrimbo pound off as well. :D

Hallelujah to lentils! :worthy:

aww Erm I shall miss you huni. Have a fantastic Christmas and New Year and see you in January then sweetie :wavey: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks lovely, but Im still here to cause a ruckus today yet! :D Hope 2012 is a good one for you, lets put that damn 2011 behind us! :xmascheers:

Glad you are here today :D

Yep we'll toast the end of 2011 Erm :( twas a sad sad year for me but 2012 is going to be good :D positivity is infectious :D I am also noticing my confidence returning slowly so I am convinced 2012 will be a better one :D thanks for your lovely cyber friendship in 2011 huni and heres to 2012 xxxxxxxxxxxxx

yay for the lentils!!..
think of all the calories you will burn off carrying your rucksack full of spices aswell total body magic!!
have a great time over the hols and be sure to take lots of pictures of your healthy buffet table..it sounds like its going to be gorgeous!!
i live "up north" hope its not going to be to cold!!

Snaffling some mulled wine :drool: *hic*! :D Deffo Chrimbo time now :8855:

Have a great holiday!! merry Christmas and best wishes for 2012. Oh and well done on 1lb off woohoo xx

Back