Erm's Photo Diary

Hi Erm!!! Your dishes are looking beyond yummy as usual! Those cheese twists... :drool: MUST try!! I'm actually looking forward to going home now so I can get tuck into cooking in familiar surroundings! So many new recipes to try, I'd have to live to a hundred to eat it all! Lol! We're leaving exactly one week from today. Boy it's been a long trip!
Well done on your amazing loss and fabulous cooking :bighug:

Sunday 05th Feb Green

Breakfast: Coffee & toast 1.2 HEXA, 1 HEXB, 1.5 syns
Lunch: Leftover soup with salad 2 syns for oil & mustard
Tea: Xmas soup 1 HEXB for turkey, 6 syns for balls, 0.5 syns for oil
Snacks: Pear, Muller light with cherry underlay 1.5 syns, Blueberries in Muller.

Still Mullering away :rolleyes:

6828845611_d475ee79d6_o.jpg

Can't help giggling at 'balls'. :eek:

Soup looks lovely!!

The original idea started here :)

The only syns/HEX are the cheese so it depends how much you put in and how many you divide it into.

I've done this a few times and I use different ingredients each time :) The basic mix is Smash, eggs and cottage cheese, but then you add grated cheese and any other flavours according to what you fancy. For this batch I did:

- 1 x 88g pack Smash
- 2 eggs
- 1 pot Tesco red pesto cottage cheese
- 100g low fat cheese, grated
- tomato puree, about 2-3 tbsp
- Marmite, couple of teaspoons??

Just mix the Smash, eggs, cottage cheese, tomato puree and most of the grated cheese together, knead it a bit, roll it out flat, spread a weeny bit of Marmite over the top (not much!) and sprinkle over the remaining cheese. Then cut it into strips (I made 15 I think), roll them into long sausage shapes and bake for 15-20 min until done.

I made about 15 so that makes them 1 syn each, but you can count it as part of your HEXA (or B on Green) as the only syns are the cheese. :)

If you ate them as snacks you should probably count the mash etc as syns too or it might count as food abuse and all that... ;) )

tbh next time I wont bother with all the spreading Marmite / sprinkling cheese over the top, the only reason for that was to make it look pretty, which I have failed miserably at on 3 occasions now, so next time I shall just bung the lot in all at once, Marmite and all :8855:

6811666031_2717d7dd6e_o.jpg

I know it would be syns, but these would be yummy rolled in polenta & then baked in the oven. I'm going to give it a whirl for tea next week when my sister comes. She's a vegetarian & will just love these, not too sure what I'll serve them with yet.

I did make the cheese scones & served with beans & some quorn stuff:D

I'm getting behind again:

Friday 03rd Feb Green

Breakfast: Coffee & fruit 1 HEXA
Lunch: Spicy Quorn fillets with salad <1 HEXB & 1 syn for oil & mustard
Tea: Mama's Jamaican chicken with rice n peas <2 HEXB for chicken & oil
Snacks: Quorn slices, a pound of Brussels sprouts :whistle: , Muller light with cherry underlay 1.5 syns, 2 squares Peruvian dark chocolate 2 syns

Oh. My. God. Mama's Jamaican curry is A-MAZ-ING... :drool: The OH said it was the best curry he'd ever had.

6823209353_a3e1508929_o.jpg

Chicken was just dissolving on my tongue, flavour was divine! :drool:

Unfortunately made a total pigs ear of the rice n peas :rolleyes: (My Photoshop Skillz leave something to be desired too :whistle: )

6823209723_35d138e8a4_o.jpg

The Jamaican chicken is DEFFO going on the staples list :cool:

Respect to Mama! :worthy:

do you have the recipe for this please,cant believe no one has asked yet. looks gawjus.

do you have the recipe for this please,cant believe no one has asked yet. looks gawjus.

It's Mama's recipe which is on her diary here

She doesn't list quantities as she says it's all to the taste you like, but this is what I used:

Mama's Jamaican Curry Chicken

Ingredients:
- Curry powder (I used about 4-5 tbsp but mine was mild as it's all I had in)
- 2 chicken breasts, diced (you're suposed to use legs but I dont like them)
- 1 tsp extra virgin oil (you can use Fry Light if you want)
- 2-3 onions, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 bell pepper, deseeded and chopped
- Half a small scotch bonnet, seeds removed
- 4 tbsp passata/tinned chopped tomatoes
- 500ml chicken stock
- 1 medium/large tomato, chopped
- A few sprigs fresh thyme
- White wine vinegar (I used 2 good splashes, about 2-3 tbsp?)
- 1 medium/large potato, cut into 1/8ths
- Salt & pepper

Directions:
- Mix chicken in curry powder and set aside
- Heat oil and fry onion and garlic until softening
- Add peppers and fry until softening
- Add scotch bonnet and fry for a minute
- Add passata until reduced
- Add chicken for a minute or two, stirring
- Add stock, tomato, thyme, vinegar, potatoes and plenty of seasoning
- Bring to boil, cover and simmer for 30 min
- Squash the potato with the back of a spoon to thicken

It was DIVINE :drool:

6823209353_a3e1508929_o.jpg

6823209723_35d138e8a4_o.jpg

ermintrude said:
It's Mama's recipe which is on her diary here

She doesn't list quantities as she says it's all to the taste you like, but this is what I used:

Mama's Jamaican Curry Chicken

Ingredients:
- Curry powder (I used about 4-5 tbsp but mine was mild as it's all I had in)
- 2 chicken breasts, diced (you're suposed to use legs but I dont like them)
- 1 tsp extra virgin oil (you can use Fry Light if you want)
- 2-3 onions, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 bell pepper, deseeded and chopped
- Half a small scotch bonnet, seeds removed
- 4 tbsp passata/tinned chopped tomatoes
- 500ml chicken stock
- 1 medium/large tomato, chopped
- A few sprigs fresh thyme
- White wine vinegar (I used 2 good splashes, about 2-3 tbsp?)
- 1 medium/large potato, cut into 1/8ths
- Salt & pepper

Directions:
- Mix chicken in curry powder and set aside
- Heat oil and fry onion and garlic until softening
- Add peppers and fry until softening
- Add scotch bonnet and fry for a minute
- Add passata until reduced
- Add chicken for a minute or two, stirring
- Add stock, tomato, thyme, vinegar, potatoes and plenty of seasoning
- Bring to boil, cover and simmer for 30 min
- Squash the potato with the back of a spoon to thicken

It was DIVINE :drool:

This does look really good :)

Monday 06th Feb Green

Breakfast: Coffee & toast 1 HEXA, 1 HEXB, 2.5 syns
Lunch: Xmas soup 1 HEXB for turkey, 5 syns for balls, 0.5 syns for oil
Tea: Balti soup 1 syn for oil, 1 Marmite twist 1 syn
Snacks: Pear, Peach, Nectarine, Cherries, Apple, 2 mini Babybel 1 HEXA, Muller with cherry underlayer 1.5 syns

6835551903_c9b5b9363d_o.jpg

6835552057_ecfd49a9a1_o.jpg

Yup, will be my anniversary next week :D 7 stone 8.5lb :) Woo! :)

That is AMAZING!!! You are one of my top minimins inspirational people Erm :bighug: xxx

PS: So sorry you've had to have a nasty CT scan - but FAB NSV with the wrap around with acres to spare!! xxx

Tuesday 07th Feb Green

Lunch: Balti soup 1 syn for oil & sugar, with Marmite twists 0.5 HEXA
Tea: Spicy root & lentil casserole
Snacks: Pear, Apple, Blueberries in Muller light, Quorn slices, 2 mini Babybel 1 HEXA, Muller light

6840445041_54a0c316e5_o.jpg

Well... it is my anniversary, I am one today! One year on and 7st 9lb lighter - and today's WI officially got me out of the 2 - 0 's into the 1 - 9 's! :)

Just looking back at this post:

"Then one day I just looked at myself and said you know, the only difference between doing this and not doing it is getting off the damn couch and GOING TO THE BLADDY CLASS right NOW. And no, it wasn't convenient, in fact I couldnt even find a SW class near me that was on that day but I thought if I leave it til tomorrow the moment has passed and Ill get back on the couch and order another pizza - so I went to a WW class just to get weighed but in fact following the SW plan at home."

So, a year ago today that I got off the couch and said that to myself. One year and 7 stone 9lb ago. My life has changed immensely. Still a long way to go, but Ive got more confidence, less dread... Im still afraid of things, but Ive got a belief in myself that I CAN make things happen... if I just choose small problems to solve at a time, then the big problems will take care of themselves.

:)

Tuesday 07th Feb Green

Lunch: Balti soup 1 syn for oil & sugar, with Marmite twists 0.5 HEXA
Tea: Spicy root & lentil casserole
Snacks: Pear, Apple, Blueberries in Muller light, Quorn slices, 2 mini Babybel 1 HEXA, Muller light

6840445041_54a0c316e5_o.jpg

Well... it is my anniversary, I am one today! One year on and 7st 9lb lighter - and today's WI officially got me out of the 2 - 0 's into the 1 - 9 's! :)

Just looking back at this post:

"Then one day I just looked at myself and said you know, the only difference between doing this and not doing it is getting off the damn couch and GOING TO THE BLADDY CLASS right NOW. And no, it wasn't convenient, in fact I couldnt even find a SW class near me that was on that day but I thought if I leave it til tomorrow the moment has passed and Ill get back on the couch and order another pizza - so I went to a WW class just to get weighed but in fact following the SW plan at home."

So, a year ago today that I got off the couch and said that to myself. One year and 7 stone 9lb ago. My life has changed immensely. Still a long way to go, but Ive got more confidence, less dread... Im still afraid of things, but Ive got a belief in myself that I CAN make things happen... if I just choose small problems to solve at a time, then the big problems will take care of themselves.

:) happy anniversary. What an inspirational post. thank you.

Thankyou all my lovelies! :thankyou: Out of the 2 - 0's by the skin of my teeth :D

Happy Anniversary :)

Congrats on your amazing weight loss. You're such an inspiration :)

Oh and thanks for the many many recipies I've *ahem* nicked from your diary! lol

Back