Erm's Photo Diary

congrats Erm, that is such an achievement and you are so inspiring to us all who have a large amount of weight to lose. Got a bit teared up at your post.. i'm such an emo! :p

also, casserole looks yum, i'll see you at 6 tomorrow for tea, haha :D xxx

Just seen your post in the 20s thread - well done!! And happy SW birthday!!! Xxx

Congratulations Erm! Having the willpower to stick to sw for a year is amazing by itself without even considering the weight loss!

:bighug:Great post and love your sense of humour Erm. Happy Slimming Birthday. As Rach (blackwidow) says - you are such an inspiration to all of us and espesh us bigger girls who sometimes think 'I've got so much to lose - how the heck am I ever going to do it'. Thank you!! xxx

Thanks lovelies :)

Wednesday 1st Feb Green

Breakfast: Coffee & fruit 1 HEXA
Lunch: Spicy quorn fillet salad 0.5 syn & <1 HEXB for dressing
Tea: Veggie chilli with rice <1 HEXB for oil, 0.5 syns for chocolate
Snacks: Apple, pear, nectarine, cherries, 2 Babybel 1 HEXA, Total 2% with mixed fruit 1 syn, 1 square Peruvian dark chocolate ??2-3 syns???

Did a totally insane thing and cooked two COUREGTTES in this damn thing, I detest courgettes, or I thought I did (its the texture :jelous: ) but I couldn't really tell they were there tbh (even though they are quite blindingly obviously sitting there
looking like whole chunks of non-dissolved courgette :rolleyes: ) So I guess every other courgette Ive tasted has been not actually cooked or summat :confused:

Quite a small portion for me! :D Didnt think id like it enough to have on its own so did some rice, but I only had a third of what I made, wot iz going oooooooonnnnn??? :eek: :confused:

(I expect the colour on this is tits up but Im blinded by the sun in this room so not point bothering in photoshop, so apologies if its illuminous or grey as ditchwater por whatever: )

6806284091_300571c23d_o.jpg

OH! And the scales are still waving the 1 - 9 at me, so hopefully it can be Official I am outta the 2 - 0 by next Weds!!! :fingerscrossed: :)

made this last night, thank yo. was so so tasty even my veggie friend loved it. will deffo make again.:) :bighug:

Wednesday 08th Feb Green

Breakfast: Coffee & fruit 1 HEXA
Lunch: Quorn fillet salad 2 syns for oil & mustard
Tea: Quorn curry with celeriac chips
Snacks: Apple, pear, lychees

6845876025_7194d2fc71_o.jpg

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY Erm!!!!!! :talk017:

Well done on your incredible loss over the year! Can you believe how far you've come, and all the delicious food you've eaten along the way? It's not easy, but it could be a darned sight harder couldn't it?! Well done honey and here's to the next year!

:banana dancer: :banana dancer: :banana dancer: :banana dancer: :banana dancer: :banana dancer: :banana dancer: :banana dancer: :banana dancer: :banana dancer: :banana dancer: :banana dancer: :banana dancer: :banana dancer:

:party0023: :banana dancer: :party0023: :banana dancer: :party0023: :banana dancer: :party0023: :banana dancer:

:party0023: :banana dancer: :party0023: :banana dancer: :party0023: :banana dancer: :party0023: :banana dancer:

I'm a bit of a lurker-love looking at your recipes Erm (after you helped me with houmous last year), and just wanted to say congratulations on your year and your fantastic weightloss. You are truely inspiring!!! Hope you have a fantastic 2nd SW year!!

Erm - somehow managed to miss your SW anniversary like a right numpty - that is a fantastic weight loss, and your food always looks amazing. In fact, I'm craving curry at 8am in the morning as a result of looking through your diary

Oddly enough I actually had cold curry leftovers yesterday morning :whistle: :D

I love eating cold curry left overs for brekkie,an Indian lady I used to know said I must really love curry to be able to eat it cold !!!!!!

Oooh I LOVE cold curry! Its ace on toast! :drool:

2543919923_be242e7eab_o.jpg

On nom!

Thursday 09th Feb Extra Easy

Breakfast: Coffee & toast 1 HEXA, 1 HEXB, 1.5 syns
Brunch: Quorn curry
Lunch: Xmas soup 5 syns for balls, 0.5 syns for oil
Tea: Parmesan chicken in prosciutto with veg 5 syns for Parmesan, 1.5 syns for oil, 1.5 syns for prosciutto
Snacks: Pear, cherries, Muller light

Was supposed to be bean soup until it occurred to me I hadnt put any beans in to soak... :rolleyes: So I biunged together a chicken thing off a Jamie Oliver recipe. Not bad but mine's better ;)

6851768633_94d638cbce_o.jpg

6851768643_1df903cf39_o.jpg

Friday 10th Feb Extra Easy

Breakfast: Coffee 1 HEXA. Sprouts, broccoli, carrots, cherries :whistle:
Lunch: Spicy quorn with salad 2.5 syns for oil & mustard
Tea: Pomegranate and walnut stew with chicken and bulgur wheat 6.5 syns for pomegranate juice, sugar, cooked plums, pomegranate molasses and, ah, 17 syns for walnuts :whistle:

Snacks: Apple, Finn Crisp with LCL 1 HEXB (slight tweak :rolleyes: :whistle: ), Muller mint

Not really on plan today but OMG this was D - I - V - I - N - E !!! :drool: So, so, so worth ev-er-y syn! :drool:

6856060347_3b2a173610_o.jpg

Wow, that sounds really different.

It was gawwwwwus! :drool: I only put in half the nuts the recipe asked for and ate less than 1 portion of the sauce, even though it was still 17 syns of nuts! :eek: The whole recipe should been 86 syns just in nuts! :faint2:

Friday 10th Feb Extra Easy

Breakfast: Coffee 1 HEXA. Sprouts, broccoli, carrots, cherries :whistle:
Lunch: Spicy quorn with salad 2.5 syns for oil & mustard
Tea: Pomegranate and walnut stew with chicken and bulgur wheat 6.5 syns for pomegranate juice, sugar, cooked plums, pomegranate molasses and, ah, 17 syns for walnuts :whistle:

Snacks: Apple, Finn Crisp with LCL 1 HEXB (slight tweak :rolleyes: :whistle: ), Muller mint

Not really on plan today but OMG this was D - I - V - I - N - E !!! :drool: So, so, so worth ev-er-y syn! :drool:

Ooooh! Want! :drool: :drool: :drool: Was it based on one from the Good Food (UKTV) channel, 'cos I know you do use recipes from there?

Ooooh! Want! :drool: :drool: :drool: Was it based on one from the Good Food (UKTV) channel, 'cos I know you do use recipes from there?

Yeah it was :) I adapted it from this recipe

Halved the amount of walnuts, cooked in Fry Light, just used 2 chicken breasts cut into strips (thought SIX was a lot for two people! :eek: Surely typo???)

Basically:

Ingredients:
- 125g walnuts, whizzed 42.5 syns
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 4 golden plums, stones removed 3 syns
- 2 chicken breasts (about 400g), cut into strips
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- 200ml fresh pomegranate juice (unsweetened) 7 syns
- 3 tbsp pomegranate molasses 6 syns
- 1½ tbsp brown sugar 4.5 syns
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- Bulgur wheat and coriander, to serve

Method:
- Whizz the walnuts to a fine crumble in the processor
- Put in a heavy-bottomed pan on medium heat for a few minutes, stirring frequently, until lightly toasted
- When the nuts are toasted add the stock cube, plums and about 300ml water and simmer for 15 min
- Meanwhile in another pan fry the onion in Fry Light until softening
- Add the chicken, turmeric and pepper to the onion pan and fry, stirring frequently, until sealed
- Add the nut mix to the chicken mix, cover and simmer for 10 min
- Add the pomegranate juice, molasses, sugar and cinnamon and simmer for half an hour, uncovered until reduced to a thick consistency

Serve with bulgur wheat or rice

Back