Erm's Photo Diary

Superfree for the wine! :D

Ah, for the WIN, natch :eek:

(oh my, oh my, oh my, Freudian or what ) :psiholog:

*slopes off in horror*

:8855:

I'm a bit funny about pickled stuff in general, I wouldn't eat beetroot until I was 26! Then I kinda decided I liked it and it goes on everything. A pickled egg might be pushing it though!!

:8855: Jez - sounds like some biazrre rite of passage. You know you've achieved true maturity when you've eaten beetroot and liked it :rotflmao: xxx
Had my warmed up leftover roast from sunday for lunch yesterday. it seems that microwaving celeriac makes all the spicy flavour come out- it nearly blew my head off! And my lips actually swelled up- so if nothing else at least we've found a cheap alternative to lip plumping gloss :rolleyes:
YOu should patent that :8855: xxx
Oh and for that I win 4lbs off!!!! Woo hoo!!!!! :woohoo:

And and AND!!!!

My 8 stone award!!!! FARRRRRRK!!!!!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

6940671913_8e6386c585_o.jpg

:bliss: :bliss: :bliss:

I was *so* not expecting that! I was on about 1.5 off all week, then another 2.5 buggered off overnight! :eek: (Hope theyre not kidding me and all creep back again tomorra? :rolleyes: )

So so so SOOOOOOOO glas I avoided all those munchies the last couple days! :woohoo:

FARRRRKKK! Just - FARRRRRRRRRRRRK!!! :eek: Sorry I am just so shocked, woooo, only 2.5lb to go til the 'lightest' (*cough* ) I remember being! :)

Then we enter Unknown Territory! :cool:
:wow: :wow: :wow: Erm you are incredible! xxx
Erm, you are truly inspirational.. Well done

Very true words - in your cooking, your weight loss and your approach to life in general! :bighug: xxx

Wednesday 29th Feb Extra Easy

Breakfast: Coffee & fruit 1 HEXA
Lunch: Egyptian lentil soup
Tea: Chicken & veg stew with sage & onion bulgur wheat stuffing balls 1 syn for sausage & apple
Snacks: Carrots, tomatoes, Quorn slices, stuffing balls 2 syns

Did BritMum's sage & onion bulgur wheat stuffing balls, nom nom! :drool: Fabuloso for the synnage! My fresh sage had gone a bit mank so I stuck some dried in and used a bit of fresh rosemary too.

I think I put too much water in though or they could do with something to bind them a bit, quite a few of mine fell apart so I had to uh, hoover up the bits :D

Theyre yumsome on their own! Mine didn't work so well in the soup though, they sort of dissolved quite a bit. Deffo better as good ol' stuffing mix! :drool:

6943642269_db49475ff7_o.jpg

Erm I cant remember what thread you told me about this in but I managed to find the tilda brown basmati rice in Tesco, but bf refused to spend £4 on it!! Then tonight in Asda I got their own brand stuff, 1kg for £1.40 ish! Bargain :) thanks for the tip tho I probably wouldn't have got it if you'd never said :)

soup looks bladdy delicious ;) - you are making me cockney ole accent come back :p (born and breed in Sarf london)

and big congrats on the 8 stone weight loss. Fanbladdytastic!!!

Thursday 01st Mar Green

Lunch: Er... Box of pineapple, box of sweetfire beetroot :rolleyes:
Tea: Spicy carrot & chickpea pitta pocket with merguez chips, dip & salad 1 HEXB for pitta, 1 HEXB for oil, 4.5 syns for butter, oil & yoghurt
Snacks: Carrots, 2 stuffing balls 1.5 syns for sausagemeat

Outta the HFW book:

6800204446_3a19cd34a4_o.jpg

Chips were not bad, the dip was interesting, very mayo-like. Reminded me of the spicy mayo we used to get with our chips in the Med in the 80's...

6800204594_50c331c91b_o.jpg

6800204508_6b4eb27690_o.jpg

Sweet fire beetroot is my favourite! I have 2 boxes in the fridge but can't eat them til I'm back on plan. I don't see the point in eating the good stuff if I'm gonna ruin it with alcohol or something later on lol.

I thought sweefire had syns cos of the oil marinade? I pretend its free but would love to hear that it actually is free :D

evilpenguin said:
Sweet fire beetroot is my favourite! I have 2 boxes in the fridge but can't eat them til I'm back on plan. I don't see the point in eating the good stuff if I'm gonna ruin it with alcohol or something later on lol.

I thought sweefire had syns cos of the oil marinade? I pretend its free but would love to hear that it actually is free :D

What is it, and do I need it, if so where do I get it? Lol

Im not sure if it depends where its from. I used to get one last year that was about 4 syns a box from memory, so I was assuming this would be the same but I put it though the calculator and it came out as free! :) It's the Waitrose Love Life Sweet Fire Beetroot.

Ive just got another one from Tesco, havent calculated that one yet.

Waitrose one this year is deffo free though! Crunchier than it used to be, so they've definitely changed the recipe :)

ermintrude said:
Thursday 01st Mar Green

Lunch: Er... Box of pineapple, box of sweetfire beetroot :rolleyes:
Tea: Spicy carrot & chickpea pitta pocket with merguez chips, dip & salad 1 HEXB for pitta, 1 HEXB for oil, 4.5 syns for butter, oil & yoghurt
Snacks: Carrots, 2 stuffing balls 1.5 syns for sausagemeat

Outta the HFW book:

Chips were not bad, the dip was interesting, very mayo-like. Reminded me of the spicy mayo we used to get with our chips in the Med in the 80's...

That dip looks nice-what's the recipe please? And what's the HFW book?? xx

What is it, and do I need it, if so where do I get it? Lol

You doyoudoyoudoyoudoyouDOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! :drool: Its like a cross between pickled beetroot and fresh vacuum packed beetroot. The fresh stuff I find boring but the pickled stuff can be too much in large amounts. This stuff is just right, wedges of crispy but spicy, vinegary beetroot, lushalicious! :drool:

Barstewards. Just done the tesco on and it's 3½ Syns a pack. :( Well Tesco can sod right off then :jelous:

Oh well, thats still nothing really. But I shall probably just get the Waitrose one now and omnomnomnom to my heart's content for freeeeeeeeeee!!!!!! :)

i get mine from here.

Waitrose sweetfire beetroot 180g

£ 1.49

Nom! Thats the one!

Actually that one doesn't have theLoveLife logo doojit on that mine did.

*tootles off*

Oh! Well thats randomnation. :confused: I have that pack that you've got *as well*

*tappy tap*

Bugger it, all calculated and it still works out as free so I dont really give a ballcock :D

That dip looks nice-what's the recipe please? And what's the HFW book?? xx

Hugh Fearnley Whittingstall - Veg Everyday

I dont really recommend the book that much, I find his stuff pretty bland and too average to be in a recipe book like this, but it was a present so Im giving some of them a go.

The dip is part of the same recipe as the chips. You make the spice mix and use a tsp for the dip and the rest to coat the chips while theyre roasting.

Spicy merguez yoghurt dip

Ingredients:
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp caraway seeds
- 10 black peppercorns
- 1 tsp sweet smoked paprika
- Pinch of cayenne
- 1/2 tsp sea salt

- 200g Total 2%
- 1/2 a very small clove of garlic, crushed in a pestle & mortar with 1/4 tsp salt
- pinch of cayenne, to decorate

Method:
- Crush the cumin, fennel, coriander, caraway and peppercorns in a pestle & mortar or spice grinder
- Add the paprika, cayenne and 1/2 tsp salt and mix well
- Add 1 heaped tsp of the spice mix to your garlic & yoghurt and mix thoroughly
- Sprinkle with cayenne to decorate

6800204508_6b4eb27690_o.jpg

The rest of the spice mix is supposed to be used to coat the potatoes before you roast them.

I thought it was nice, it was very rich, 'fatty' and mayo-like, had a funny (almost fishy? - dont take that as bad if you dont like fish, I dont like fish but I cant think of another way to describe it) taste that like I say reminds me of mayo in the Med in the 80's bizarrely. Has this funny 'tang' to it which I think must be the tiny amount of garlic.

Went brilliant with the chips though, it kind of felt like a summer's day in a posh pub garden with chips & some fancy, fatty dip.

Definitely use the Total 2% btw, its only 1/2 a syn for the whole recipe. The recipe does stipulate 'full fat' and I dont think you'd get that 'full fat mayo' taste with 0%.

Shirleen you need to get in on the beetroot! Like Erm said its better than fresh/pickled stuff. The one in vinegar gives me heartburn but the sweet fire beetroot is spicy and refreshing. I love it!

Aw poo, mine is from Tesco. Well it's still free in my mind. I've never been to waitrose but the more I read about it on here the more I fancy a look around the shop. Will wait til we aren't skinto before I suggest a visit :D

Back