Erm's Photo Diary

Thursday 25th - Green
Breakfast: Coffee & Toast - 1 HEXA & 1 HEXB, 2 syns.
Lunch: Same as yesterday, didnt get in til about 4:30 so had a 'snack' mini-lunch of 4 Finn Crisp with Laughing cow light & mixed veg. <1 HEXA & <1 HEXB for Finn Crisp & cheese. I was still hungry so had some leftover Morroccan chickpea soup, about 1 syn for harrissa & sugar.
Tea: Nothing as I predicatably wasnt hungry after a double lunch at 5 :confused: Had a Muller cheese cake about half an hour before bed, 1 syn.
Snacks: Apples, satsumas, Quorn slices.

Obviously no piccies as no bladdy cooking happened :sigh:

how do i subscirbe to this thread?

Top of the thread, to the right of where it says "View First Unread" - on the second blue box along click on 'Thread Tools' and in the drop down box 'Subscribe'

What are Finn crisps erm? Are they like ryvita? Assuming they are a B choice?

They are a bit like Ryvita, but LOADS nicer :) I find Ryvita too dry and mouth-bung-y :D

Finn crisp are a lot thinner, theyre pretty much flat and fairly smooth and only about half as wide (ie long and thin) but they're REALLY crispy :) Ha ha they sound really rubbish with that as a description :eek: but I LOVE them, they just dont seem like normal crispbread (which I find like rabbit food tbh), its more like a snacky-chip-thing. :)

You get six original or multigrain as a HEXB.

Friday 26th - Green
Breakfast: Coffee & Toast - 1 HEXA & 1 HEXB, 2 syns.
Lunch: My usual wrap stuffed with salad, cheese and jalapenos with mixed veggies. 5 syns for the wrap, 1 HEXA and 1/3 HEXB for cheese.
Tea: Using stuff up to empty the fridge before holiday: 2 Cauldron sausages with swede and celeriac superspeedy chips and mixed veg. 2 syns for sausages.
Snacks: Apples, plums, and I snaffled two leftover sausages ater tea - 2 syns.

And now I'm off on holidayyyyayayay!!!! :)

6083114745_898035f296_o.jpg

6083112103_4a9f7418c1_o.jpg

6083654498_ce588f4ddd_o.jpg

6083112349_a976311bd1_o.jpg

This is not as dodgy as it looks... :rolleyes: :D

Outcome:

6083112705_178df6fc4b_o.jpg

6083654770_975e243ca1_o.jpg

6083655080_74711bb5e1_o.jpg

Ta da! Holiday prep :)

Yeah, I used to take whole jars but then you have to cart them back again, so now I just make the mixes I need and wrap them in foil or put them in a jar if they're big and recycle the empty jars on site.

I also whizz the onion/garlic/ginger mixes for the curry etc in advance so I just have to pour it out when I get there and again chuck the jar. And stick a few tbsp vinegar or chilli sauce or whatever I need in a little jar. Nothing to fetch home :) (We dont drive so EVERYTHING goes in the damn rucksack! :( )

hi, hope you dont mind me popping in for a quick read :) what a fab idea about taking spices etc away with you.. i would never have thought of that and probs would have suffered bland food for the holiday entirety!

have a lovely holiday and i hope the weather looks up for you :) x

Thankyou :) Taking stuff for lots of stews and stuff cos the weather looks rubbish! :( But Ive put a couple of kebab marinades in too cos I can use that on BBQ OR oven, just on the off chance we get a smidgen of sunshine :D

See you in a week my lovelies, don't be *too* good x :)

Hi Ermie! Glad to hear you're okay. Hope your thyroid is treated soon, sorry I don't know much about thyroid issues but it sounds serious! I'm sure your holiday will help put a spring back in your step. I'm SO impressed with how organised you are with all the spices and things that you've packed for your hols. Self catered holidays are the BEST, the control freak in me just loves em!
The herb pics in foil DO look dodgy LOL! Reminds me of my honeymoon in Barbados... *ahem*

Have a fabulous time away, I'm sure you'll come back with a loss as always. I'll miss you and your delicious food pics!

Hope you are having a fab holiday :)

I miss you as love reading about your recipes :)

I just popped in to thank you again for saying about celeriac chips. OMG I love them. I've made them several times now since you said and often have them on a red day with bns chips :)

Hope you had a great holiday.

was wondering how you do your celeriac chips,also what seasoning do you put on them as they look divine.

hi erm, found how you do you celeriac chips as searched on here for them. would just like to say YUMM YUMM YUMM they are so great with the seasoning aswell.

Last edited:
Back