Erm's Photo Diary

Thanx so much for the recipe, its going on my list of 'to try'. I am trying to keep my interest by making new dishes each week as I love to cook, but can sometimes get stuck with 'same old' out of pure lazyness!
Also fantastic weight loss!!:)

ahhhhhh i love steak and kidney.. how did you do the celeriac before you topped the pie? I always mash it then stick it back on the hob to dry it out before topping things with it.. or was it the filling that was watery? Even so, it does look really nice! x

ahhhhhh i love steak and kidney.. how did you do the celeriac before you topped the pie? I always mash it then stick it back on the hob to dry it out before topping things with it.. or was it the filling that was watery? Even so, it does look really nice! x

I just boiled it about 10 min then mashed it with 2 or 3 tbsp Total 2% and some salt & pepper. The mash itself was fine, it was the filling that was watery! It just didnt seem to go very well with the filling, not sure why as Ive done it before. Maybe I was just expecting it to be deelish, it was OK but not amazing.

nevermind - i am sure you will come up with something extra delish soon - you always do :D xxx

Hmm this is most very odd, I swear I had this diary up to date until Saturday but half of its disappeared... :confused: Did I put it in the wrong place? Well here it is again in brief.

Friday 23rd - Red

Breakfast: Coffee & Toast 1 HEXA, 1 HEXB, 2 syns
Lunch: Keeping it Superfree as I've had so much pie and Ive got the wedding coming up. Big salad with mixed veg, Quorn slices and a couple of Finn Crisp with Laughing Cow Blue Cheese (1 HEXA/B)
Tea: Leftover steak & kidney pie with mixed veg. About 3.5 syns for flour, Guinness and stock
Snacks: Peaches, plums, pears, carrots, Muller light.

Same as yesterday:

6176905103_30be7bdf5e_o.jpg

Last edited:
Saturday 24th - n/a

Breakfast: Coffee (1 HEXA), Fruit & yoghurt as syns galore later
Lunch: Snacked on more fruit on the way to the wedding
Tea: Weeeeellll so much for my plans to eat the healthy bits and nothing else :D Starter was tomato soup but with cream in. Hmm not bad enough to skip i thought:

6184367061_b108198513_o.jpg

Then the main was kind of not-NOT-healthy but with the teeniest weeniest portion of veg in the history of mankind. I took extra veg (this is about 3 times what was given to me originally) and chopped about 2/3 of the meat off as it was mostly fat. Wasnt skipping the Yorkshire & gravy though! And the roasties were GAWJUS. :drool: So I guess I was just lucky they didnt do crackling, stuffing, chipolatas etc an' all... :eek: :sigh:

6184367137_eb6299d725_o.jpg

Then it was lemon cheesecake. I will NEVER turn a lemon cheesecake down. :(

So so much for sticking to my own advice. :sigh: Oh and then I had 2 mints with my coffee and about ten jellybeans as we were hanging around. By then Id just sort of thought "bugger it" :cool:

I was prettty good with thw wine though, well by my stadards anyway :D Didnt alternate drinks but had diet Coke and wine runing concurrently, so a gobful of wine to 2 gobfuls of diet Coke :D I left at 10 and remember getting home so coulda been worse :rolleyes:

Ah well, nice to meet up with some old faces and see the smiley couple. :)

Sunday 25th - Red

Breakfast: Coffee & Toast (1 HEXA), 1 HEXB, 2 syns.
Lunch: Back onto the superfree to play catchup. Stir fried mushrooms and mixed veg with a smidge of mustard.
Tea: Spag bol on spaghetti Squash, as suggested by BritMum 3.5 syns as I only had lean mince, not extra lean (part of my freezer clearance), 3.5 syns for red wine and 0.5 syns for puree.
Have to say I did not get on with the spaghetti squash :( It was a bugger to scrape and and make look noodley and it tasted of nothing - nada - zilch. Just a watery THING. Bleurgh. It was definitely cooked and it came from Waitrose so I would've thought it would be a good enough quality one. Good idea but this one not to my taste, not sure if it was just a rubbsih squash or what :(

The bolognese recipe I took from here. Bit watery but nice and spicy if you like it that way. It had red wine and 1 HEXA of Parmesan in. Im not sure if that wouldn't have been better on the top tbh, it didn't really cream it up much. It also needed longer than an hour IMO, the carrots etc had a bit too much bite left in for me. Not at all bad though.
Snacks: Box of blackberries in Vanilla & choc Muller light, pears, plums, peaches.

6184367231_f2df1ce139_o.jpg

thanks for the update on the spaghetti squash :D may give them a miss now - not seen them near me anyhow, but would probs have invested if i did come across them.

just had your lentil shepherds pie for dinner.. it was divine - thanks for sharing :D xxx

Glad ya liked the shepherd's pie :) The squash thing, I dunno, I guess it depends totally on the crop you've got. I do love butternut squash so I was surprised at how tasteless the spaghetti one was, so I might just have been unlucky.

Ive got a couple of acorn squash left that Im gonna have with chilli later in the week I think so hopefully that'll work out better :)

Oh no, now you've scared me off my spaghetti squash that's been sitting in my fridge for two weeks! I really must cook it one of these days!

The wedding food looks so delicious! I love Yorkshire puddings but only as a dessert with honey and lashings of cream :drool:

I love Yorkshire puddings but only as a dessert with honey and lashings of cream :drool:

:eek: :eek: :eek: Wash your mouth out!!! :eek: Good ol' Yorkshire wi' nowt but gravy!!!!

H*n*y and cr*am?!?!?! Next you'll be saying ya batter yer fish wi'... jam an coconut or summat! :eek:

Sheesh ya needs some good ol' Yorkshire pud down ya! :copon:

Monday 25th - Green

Breakfast: Coffee & Toast 1 HEXA, 1 HEXB, 2 syns.
Lunch: Big bowl of salad, another bowl of mixed veg.
Tea: Citrus bean stew, 2 syns for chipotle and OJ; big bowl of summer fruits in Total 2% 0.5 syns
Snacks: Apple, pears, nectarine, carrots, Bovril.

Coriander looks a bit mank cos it was on its last legs :eek:

6186271077_41a2c3139d_o.jpg

6186795468_fcee66476b_o.jpg

:eek: :eek: :eek: Wash your mouth out!!! :eek: Good ol' Yorkshire wi' nowt but gravy!!!!

H*n*y and cr*am?!?!?! Next you'll be saying ya batter yer fish wi'... jam an coconut or summat! :eek:

I have to agree with you :8855: but this did make me laugh :8855:

I am glad you tried the spaghetti squash and very glad I didn't find any round here :p

I have to say the butternut squash I bought this week was very bland.... totally different to all the lovely ones I've had x

ermintrude said:

LOL! Oh no! Between the Yorkshire puddings and Vegemite I expect you'll be ordering a hit on me soon! Ack :eek:

Hi
I really like spaghetti squash but only mixed in with stuff so it gives a slight veggie flavour and bulks stuff out and saves on carbs. I had it with bolognese yesterday (mixed in before eating not meat on top). It was nice. Best way by far though in my opinion is with either tomato based pasta sauce and cheese sprinkled on top or cooked and mixed with philadelphia, mushrooms, onions and chilli flakes. I cook it by piercing it several times and chucking in oven 170'C for one hour. Easier to cut when hot and it should scrape easily or else it's not quite cooked. X

Hi Erm,

I am a diary lurker, and have just started my own thread and i have to say, it was your diary wot dun it for me! Posting all your pics is so inspiring - i have started to take pics but i have post a number of times before i am allowed to upload any images - boo! Keep up the FAB work - am v impressed.

x

Okay tried the spaghetti squash and I agree with you Erm, not nice. I hate it when I have a crappy meal, such a waste of an opportunity for yumminess!

Back