Erm's Photo Diary

ooh ooh! Fabtastic! and juts looking at those utensils! Nutmeg mill! Spice ball! Xmas ideas yayay! :)

i know. I could get lost on that site :D also Lakeland have some lovely moroccan dishes ie tagines and bowls at reasonable prices at the moment :)

Sainsburys are selling the munchkins as pumpkins, mind you I guess squashes and pumpkins are similar anyway? xxxxx

Oh my gosh I giggled so much at the pic of your OH carrying the sprouts!
That veg haul is Epic!! Sooooo jealous!
Loving your food pics as always :)

CGx
Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

That is an impressive fruti and vegetable haul :D

I love white asparagus but I haven't had it in years...

Ooh what's it like? Does it taste like the normal stuff? Whaddya think I should have it with? I must admit Id never heard of it til I saw it at the deli! :eek:

Mmm got to get planning the menu for this week. Things to do with a squash bonanza... :rolleyes:

Oh my gosh I giggled so much at the pic of your OH carrying the sprouts!
That veg haul is Epic!! Sooooo jealous!
Loving your food pics as always :)

CGx
Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

Ha he's not exacty Mr Cheerful in photos! :D It was *him* that was after the sprouts more than me, even though I lurrrrve the little boogas and he doesnt realy like them much :confused: I think it was the novelty factor of them still looking like a giant triffid :D Anyone know roughly how long they'll keep indoors still attached to the 'stem' (or whatever it's called)?

Righty-ho, back to fooooood:

Sunday 23nd - Green

Breakfast: Coffee & Toast 1 HEXA, 1 HEXB, 2 syns
Lunch: Salad with red carrots and tomberries again 4 syns for dressing
Tea: Falafels with roasted pumpkin hummus and spicy lemon & mint dip 3 syns for tahini & gram flour
Snacks: Mini bananas, nectarines, pear.

This was perhaps my fave hummus yet! Not something you'd just knock up for lunch as you have to roast the pumpkin, but fab fab fab! tbh you could just omit the tahini as its very flavoursome anyway but at 1 tbsp it only worked out a syn per portion so no biggie. There's loads left in the fridge so might have it for lunch today. I'd deffo make this again with, er, some of my other squash... :D

6275611661_6d94bb829b_o.jpg

And this dip was great too, and totally free. Be great with any crudites or salad, chips, whatever. I made it with Total 2% so it was virtually free:

6275611735_eb1942c4dd_o.jpg

And here's me falafels:

6275611781_b9b0f47e70_o.jpg

These were good too, although I thought a bit dry. The OH disagreed and said they were the best falafels Ive ever made! I *loved* the flavour but they were a bit crunchy and dry for me. The recipe specifically said said to use dried chickpeas soaked overnight and it also used gram flour which makes them about 1 syn for four falafels. Next time Id just use tinned ones and probably omit the flour as I've made them in the past without, no problem (although at 1 syn for 4 its not gonna break the syn bank!). I baked them covered in foil for about 10-15min then gave them 5-10min uncovered to brown off, so maybe less cooking time next time.

Oh and it makes LOADS!!! I got 18 out of it and they were HUGE!!! Definitely only make half this recipe next time. I've still got 8 of em in the fridge!

And here's the finished product, yum yum :)

6275611841_c5a8a69d0b_o.jpg

6276135866_99df050f94_o.jpg

Eritrean pumpkin soup tonight! :)

OMG I was going to make pumpkin hummus this week! Saw it on Maria Elia's My Kitchen and i thought yum! Food twins :D

OMG I was going to make pumpkin hummus this week! Saw it on Maria Elia's My Kitchen and i thought yum! Food twins :D

Awwww I had some leftovers for lunch it was om nom NOMMMMMMMMMM :drool: I think I might bake a coupla pumpkins so I can make a gigantic batch! :p

Monday 24th - Green

Breakfast: Coffee 1 HEXA, mixed fruit salad
Lunch: Leftover pumpkin hummus with carrots 1 syn for tahini; salad with blue carrots and tomatoes 2 syns for dressing
Tea: Eritrean Pumpkin Stew 1 syn for tomato puree
Snacks: Pear, apple, nectarines, baby banana, Bovril.

Hmmmm not enough HEXes recently, might have to go and snack on some cheeeeeeeeeeeese :rolleyes:

Pumpkin stew or D'ba Zigni:

6277136209_0dc51579f2_o.jpg

Chucked two types of squash in this - some leftover pumpkin from the hummus at the w/e plus a green stripy one that I'm pretty sure is a kabocha squash, which was diviiiiiiine :drool: It was recommended in the recipe so I went a-snaffling through my, uh, collection :rolleyes: and I think I got a match :cool: The pumpkin half was not so good, bit watery and boring but the kaboucha was gawjus, all creamy and buttery and waxy, a bit like eating chestnuts or something ommmmm :drool: Ive got a couple more of those so I think Ill use em for chillis! :) The stew itself was OK but nothing spesh, but lots of spice mix left over for something else :)

Tuesday 25th - Green

Breakfast: Coffee 1 HEXA, mixed fruit salad
Lunch 1: Mushroom stir fry 0.5 syns for mustard
Lunch 2: Pumpkin hummus with carrot sticks 1 syn for tahini
Tea: Egyptian carrot & lentil soup
Snacks: Baby corn, snap peas, box of Quorn slices, half a squillion coffeeeezzzzzzz 1HEXA, and cheeeeeese 1 HEXA & 1HEXB

6280398605_f24f188ae1_o.jpg

Soup was yumnacious! :drool: deffo make this one again with a few adaptations (including trying not to burn the swede next time :eek: )

Looks amazing Erm! Had fish and chips for dinner :eek: can't wait for this train wreck of a day to be over and start afresh tomorrow!

Erm I keep meaning to ask you, what are you studying at uni?

I did it! :eek:

50175.gif

Well. This is officially the most I've ever lost in my entire life. Last time I did SW I lost 6st exactly and that life went all a bit tits up. I've now lost 6st 3lb since Feb.

I'm all slightly unsure as I've been a pretty slow and steady loser, 2lb average a week, but the last 3 or 4 weeks seem to have just ploughed ahead like a steam train :confused: Im not complaining obviously! But its a bit weird, I keep wondering if my scales are even right? I have gone a bit superfree mad recently but that was to make up for the 3 ( :eek: ) "days off" I had last week (at 40-50 syns a shot :whistle: ) Im not used to it going this fast, keep wondering whether it will all suddenly come back on again next week...

Oh! And I am finally below the 300lb mark, albeit by 0.5lb! :eek: Wow, all these goals coming at me all at once!

Soooo, next on the list I guess: below the big 2-1. Then to lose 7 stone by Xmas. And then to get the Century Award I guess. And eventually to get below the lowest weight I can remember being which was 19st 6lb.

Mmm this is all slightly underwhelming, as I was expecting it with only 1lb to go but also slightly panicky that things have changed so fast. It seems no time since I was getting my 5 stone :confused: Why the big change?

Soup looks great Erm
is there a recipe for it please ?

Egyptian red lentil soup:

Ingredients
- 1/2 swede, cut into wedges
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp chilli flakes

- 2 small to medium onions, finely chopped
- 4-5 cloves garlic, crushed
- 5 cm ginger, grated
- 1 medium to large carrot, grated
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground turmeric
- 2 tsp paprika
- 150g dried red split lentils
- 1 litre chicken stock
- 4 dollops Total 2%
- 10 leaves mint, thinly sliced, put extra to garnish
- Juice of 1 lime

Method:
- Put swede in a tray, scatter with spices, spray with Fry Light, cover and bake until tender (about 40-60min)
- Meanwhile fry onion and a pinch of salt in Fry Light for a few min
- Add garlic, ginger and carrot and cook gently for 2-3 min until softened
- Add cumin, turmeric and paprika and cook for 1 min until aromatic
- Add lentils and stir to coat
- Add chicken stock, cover and simmer until cooked (about 15-20min)
- Meanwhile mix yogurt, mint and lime juice, season and set aside in fridge
- When ready to serve add swede to soup and serve in bowls, topped with a
dollop of yogurt mix, a twist of black pepper and a sprinkle of mint garnish

I adapted it from here, omitting the oil, cream & pitta and changing some quantities. DEFINITELY needs the yogurt mix in it, it totally makes it! The swede is a bit optional really, I only added it as someone in the Comments suggested replacing the deep fried pitta ( :eek: ) with roasted sweet potato, so I tried it with spicy roasted swede. It was nice to have some chunks in there but you could just toast some pitta and use it as a HEX I guess.

Erm I keep meaning to ask you, what are you studying at uni?

A ha haa well this time round I'm doing an MA in Philosophy (sort of semi-enthusiastically) I love philosophy but am not a fan of academia or the 'form' of 'education' :rolleyes: Originally i did a degree in Medicine but life went a bit pear shaped. In between I've done fine art, photography, pharmacology, record label, all sorts. I am still 'trying' to organise my life really as its a bit of a disaster zone, SW is my only successful project :rolleyes: Keeps me sane. Ah well, c'est la vie, Sélavy...

Hiya, hope you don't mind me jumping in on your thread but have been following you for the past week and have pinched a couple of your recipes. I've just seen your weigh in post and just want to say you have done amazingly well!! I hope one day I'm getting my six stone award and am posting it on here just like you've done.

Keep up the good work and well done again!!

Sarah xxx

Back