Erm's Photo Diary

Made the Egyptian red lentil soup, nice! I am on a quest to try out your falefels and your pumpkin hummus so would really appreciate if you could post the recipes please. Many thanks :).

Pumpkin hummus:

Ingredients:
- 850g pumpkin, or butternut squash, cut into chunks
- 400 g tin chickpeas, drained
- 3-4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp ground allspice
- 1 red chilli, thinly sliced
- 2 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp tahini 4.5 syns
- 1 tsp cayenne
- S&P to taste

Method:
- Preheat oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6
- Put pumpkin in a roasting tray, scatter with cumin, allspice, chilli and S&P, spray with Fry Light and roast for 45min - 1h, until soft and browned
- When cooked and cool enough, whizz chick peas, garlic and pumpkin in a food processor
- Mix with rest of ingredients and serve

6275611661_6d94bb829b_o.jpg

Falafels:
This makes about 20 BIG falafels. It is a BIG and MESSY recipe (but then my food processor is *****) :( (Im awaiting a new one).
I liked the taste of these but found them a bit hard and dry, although the b/f said he liked them as they were 'firm' :confused: It is meant to be deep fried so not the fault of the recipe as I was naturally baking them. I wouldn't bother using dried chickpeas next time as Ive had better results with tinned, and I probably wouldn't use the flour either. Maybe just a bit of egg? Ive made quite a few different falafels and not found one Im totally happy with yet.

- 500 g dried chickpeas, soaked overnight in water with a pinch bicarb
- 4 tbsp gram flour (mine weighed 31g so about 5 syns )
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 5-6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 chillies, chopped
- 5 spring onions, chopped
- zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander
- 4 tbsp fresh parsley

- Drain the soaked chickpeas. Whizz all ingredients in a food processor and store in the fridge for at least 30 min.
- When ready to cook preheat oven to about 180C/160C fan, shape falafel mix into golf-ball sized falafels and place on baking tray
- Cover with tin foil and cook for 10-15min to heat through, then take the foil off for 5 min or so to crisp up *if necessary* (dont overcook them)

If they look like this, they're overdone:

6275611781_b9b0f47e70_o.jpg

They also go fab with the dip in this post.

6275611735_eb1942c4dd_o.jpg

All three of these recipes are adapted from here.

i think you're diary is amazing! and your loses are brilliant......do you do any exercise or are your loses down to what you eat?

i think you're diary is amazing! and your loses are brilliant......do you do any exercise or are your loses down to what you eat?

Nope, no exercise yet. Keep meaning to start but still putting it off :whistle: I only leave the house about once a week :(

wow, i wish i could have weight loses like yours.

:confused: You can.

Why, what are your weight losses like? I lose an average of just over 2lb a week. It's not easy, it's a long slog. You have to work ****ing hard and stick to the ****ing plan. I'm not "lucky" to have lost this amount of weight. I have worked fking hard and I deserve it.

What an inappropriate thing to say. :mad:

oh i didn't mean any offence honestly. I just meant that in your posts you says about 4, 4.5 and 9.5lb losses. im really sorry you've taken it the wrong way, i was saying how well you've done, i never said or thought you were just lucky. i dont understand what i said wrong.

Last edited:
Deleted as I dont want my board to turn into an argument. Let's stick to the food diary.

Last edited:
can you please let me know what i said that offended you, i dont understand how me saying how well you've done has been taken this way.

Hi Erm, I know you said you want to continue this as a food diary, rather than an argument, which is fair enough, but I just wanted to back Pizzle up a bit, because their comment (above) was a compliment on your consistent losses, and I don't think they deserved the reply you gave.

You are quite an inspiration to alot of us, because of weight you've lost, the support you offer, and the help you give when people need it, and I just think it was a bit harsh.

Anyways....im jumping down from this fence, cos im getting splinters in my bum :eek:

Back to the photo diary....

Erm (veggie lady :D) I am rather excited I think I have just found a local greengrocer :eek: sad I know but it would be fab if it was great and I can get squashes. I am tempted to drive over there and have a peek (drive over is big thing for me only next town but I get anxious, so I am just working out where I can park....) I shall let you know :D xxxxx

Hi Erm, I know you said you want to continue this as a food diary, rather than an argument, which is fair enough, but I just wanted to back Pizzle up a bit, because their comment (above) was a compliment on your consistent losses, and I don't think they deserved the reply you gave.

You are quite an inspiration to alot of us, because of weight you've lost, the support you offer, and the help you give when people need it, and I just think it was a bit harsh.

Anyways....im jumping down from this fence, cos im getting splinters in my bum :eek:

Back to the photo diary....

"I wish I could have weight losses like yours" didn't sound like a "compliment on [my] consistent losses" - to me it sounded more like jealousy, as though I got here without really trying, especially as it followed a query of whether I'd done any exercise to get here :( But hey, I'm paranoid :wave_cry: Something along the lines "well done on your hard work" would be more appropriate than a "why can't I have what you've got" kind of post.

Then the second (edited) post mentioned a couple of my most recent losses totally out of context disregarding all the weeks and weeks of STS, lose half a pound, put 2.5lbs on... I guess nobody "wishes they could have a weight loss" like those, huh... :sigh:

I've lost 87lb in 37 weeks which is an average of just over 2lb a week. There's no "I wish I could..." - you CAN. (in fact the OP has lost slightly *more* than my average in her first week, according to her stats... :rolleyes: )

Anyway, I'll just assume I misinterpreted the OP's intentions - but I don't want any more discussion on this on my food diary. Thanks.

Afternoon Erm

You really are an inspirational lady
who has worked hard for what you have achieved
and you absolutely deserve it you really do

Can I just say I don't think Pizzle implied you didn't
in any way shape or form and add that I also think
you have treated her rather harshly

as you can see im only on week 2 and i do "hope to have losses like yours" i was being nice and saying how well you've done but fine, you read it completely wrong and it would have been nice to have a sorry but from you're reply it sounds like you still think i was being nasty or jealous (!?!?!?!) i still dont understand how my compliment has been taken the way you've taken it. Well done on all your hard work and your food diary.

Great, so now *I'm* the ****ing criminal, thanks guys.

I have not apologised as I have nothing to apologise for. I thought the original comment was inappropriate and that remains my opinion. You are of course, entitled to disagree. (You needn't apologise :rolleyes: )

If you want to have a b!tchfest about whether I am deserving or whateverthefack then go ahead, feel free, but is there any chance you could do it somewhere else? In case you didn't hear it the first time - or indeed the second time:

---->>>I don't want any more discussion on this on MY FOOD DIARY. Thanks.<<<----

(Third time lucky maybe...? :character00100: )

Why do I fricking bother. Forget it, Im outta here.

I have reported this matter to admin and asked for these post to be removed from this diary
totally think this matter has been blown out of all proportion and could have been handled
via private message if said diary owner was offended by the post instead of implying jealousy etc

Very Badly Handled

To be fair erm, you normally seem a great person and make some fab posts. I think in this instance you were way out of line.

Yes this is your diary, but it is still a public forum and somewhere people can come and go freely and say whatever they like. In this instance I don't think that what was said was inappropriate nor offensive.

Pizzle, I hope this experience hasn't put you off this site or perusing and posting in other SW'ers diaries xx

I am with Starlight and other posters on this one, I feel that pizzles comment was a totally innocent one and was only congratulatory x

Back