Erm's Photo Diary

Saturday 05th - Green

Tea: Carrot pancakes with hummus and roast chilli feta
1 HEXA for feta, 1 HEXB for tahini & oil, 6.5 syns for gram & rice flour

I like the sound of this. Would you mind sharing the recipe?

I like the sound of this. Would you mind sharing the recipe?

I got the recipe from here

The only things I did differently were:

Hummus:
- no oil in the hummus - used 4 tbsp of chickpea juice instead, but it needed more I think
- used juice of a whole lemon, which still wasn't enough I didnt think. Also needs garlic I reckon.

Pancakes:
- fried in Fry Light on a non-stick skillet instead of using oil. No problems with these
- upped the spices a bit (half again as much)
- used rice flour instead of semolina, purely because I didn't have any semolina in

Feta:
- used 100g reduced-fat Greek style cheese instead of 120g full fat Feta
- just used 1 tsp of oil. You could probably get away with no oil tbh as they're entirely wrapped in tin foil anyway

Friday 04th - Green

Breakfast: Coffee 1 HEXA, mixed fruit & yoghurt
Lunch: Mixed salad 3 syns for dressing; Finn Crisp with roasted garlic cheese spread, cumin cheese & herbs 1 HEXA, 1.5 HEXB's & 0.5 syns
Tea: Spicy veg casserole 0.5 syns for paste; Sweet baked plantain in nutmeg & cinnamon about 1 syn
Snacks: Plums, apple

Had two teas again, was starving by 5pm so had half a bowl of tea followed by a humongous bowl about 7pm

6314882672_645b075692_o.jpg

The plantain were looking a little desperate...

6314882756_22193911e2_o.jpg

Inside they were extremely ripe... :whistle:

6314364603_828b83a0dd_o.jpg

So I slit them in half, sprinkled with 1/2 tsp brown sugar each. plenty of freshly grated nutmeg and baked them in foil for about 20-30min

6314882914_a9c780e507_o.jpg

6314364795_4ba62f6e7c_o.jpg

OMG - these have the potential to be fab-u-lous... :drool:

6314364987_63b9145912_o.jpg

I gave them way too much yoghurt, you really only need a bit, but OMG, sweet and crispy but oozy :drool: absolutely fab to tear up with your fingers and dip in the yoghurt... would use a bit more sugar next time, a teaspoon or maybe even 2, and LOTS less yoghurt, but fab fab fab...

6314364895_6aeb2b2b95_o.jpg

6314365119_9d0d87f4ce_o.jpg

Ommmm, rubbish piccies really dont do them justice... :drool: This is deffo the best plantain Ive made yet. :cool:

Wow these look so YUMMY!! I am sooo annoyed i cant find a plantain anywhere :cry:

Sunday 06th - Extra Easy

Breakfast: Coffee & Toast 1 HEXA, 1 HEXB @ 2 syns
Lunch: Leftover carrot hummus with crudites & big mixed salad 2 syns for dressing, 2.5 syns for tahini
Tea: Murgh Achari with rice 5.5 syns for pickle, olive oil & puree
Snacks: Pear, nectarines, apple, big bowl of mushy peas with lashings of salt & vinegar :drool:

6321901903_cae617154e_o.jpg

Hi Erm, is that a sort of curry then?? And major apologies ahead of what Im about to ask, but whats the carrot hummous?? I really didnt see it, but Im being lazy and not going back searching!!!
Guess what Im having for lunch?? Celeriac chips with MummaK's aubergine dip........ nom nom.
Also, can I ask you something?? What is sumak like?? I bought some off ebay and it seems really artificial and tasteless???
xx

Hi Erm, is that a sort of curry then?? And major apologies ahead of what Im about to ask, but whats the carrot hummous?? I really didnt see it, but Im being lazy and not going back searching!!!
Guess what Im having for lunch?? Celeriac chips with MummaK's aubergine dip........ nom nom.
Also, can I ask you something?? What is sumak like?? I bought some off ebay and it seems really artificial and tasteless???
xx

Yeah, chicken curry, it's a pickle kind of curry. Recipe.

Carrot hummus was this post - 5 posts up form this one ya lazy arse :whoopass: :D

Ive had sumac a few times, I just sprinkle it over hummus or soups/stews etc. tbh it doesn't grab me as much as it seems to some other people but its OK to add a bit of flavour to a yoghurt topping or something. Maybe Ive just got a not very good brand, I think mine's a Tesco version, cant quite remember. Honey raves about it I seem to remember, so maybe ask her what brand she's got! :D

Celeriac! I am sick to death of my celeriac search! I ordered 4 from tesco today, got nada, nowt, nuffink. :sigh: Boo. I wouldnt have made chips three bladdy times last week if Id known it was once again like gold dust :( Cant go to the farmers market this week either :cry:

ermintrude said:
Yeah, chicken curry, it's a pickle kind of curry. Recipe.

Carrot hummus was this post - 5 posts up form this one ya lazy arse :whoopass: :D

Ive had sumac a few times, I just sprinkle it over hummus or soups/stews etc. tbh it doesn't grab me as much as it seems to some other people but its OK to add a bit of flavour to a yoghurt topping or something. Maybe Ive just got a not very good brand, I think mine's a Tesco version, cant quite remember. Honey raves about it I seem to remember, so maybe ask her what brand she's got! :D

Celeriac! I am sick to death of my celeriac search! I ordered 4 from tesco today, got nada, nowt, nuffink. :sigh: Boo. I wouldnt have made chips three bladdy times last week if Id known it was once again like gold dust :( Cant go to the farmers market this week either :cry:

I've got a massive celeriac I can't eat! Chips were rank but I think I under cooked them. Do they need about an hour?

I've got a massive celeriac I can't eat! Chips were rank but I think I under cooked them. Do they need about an hour?

Yow, no! :eek: Unless your oven is buggered :D I parboil for about 3-4min then bake in Fry Light, salt & spices for about 30min. If you dont parboil first they will be raw, yes :D

Yow, no! :eek: Unless your oven is buggered :D I parboil for about 3-4min then bake in Fry Light, salt & spices for about 30min. If you dont parboil first they will be raw, yes :D

Thank you, problem solved. I'm sure I didn't par boil the first lot and they were ok but I definitely didn't with the last ones. I sprinkled with salt and cajun spices and they looked a lot nicer than they tasted.

Yesterday I had it mashed and it was horrible as well. Maybe it's the celeriac and not me after all. :rolleyes:

Have you a lidl near you??? They have them!!! Sorry for being a lazy moo!!! I thought it was much further back!!!

Ah I was only joking ya daft apeth :D

Thank you, problem solved. I'm sure I didn't par boil the first lot and they were ok but I definitely didn't with the last ones. I sprinkled with salt and cajun spices and they looked a lot nicer than they tasted.

Yesterday I had it mashed and it was horrible as well. Maybe it's the celeriac and not me after all. :rolleyes:

Euuwww I had it mashed and it was a bit grooo... I think I mixed a bit of fromage frais in too or summat but I havent trued it mashed since :rolleyes:

Monday 07th - Extra Easy

Breakfast: Coffee 1 HEXA & mixed fruit
Lunch: Tesco day - so lunch was mad hoovering up of anything left in fridge!
So big salad 2 syns for dressing, Finn Crisp with roast garlic cheese mix made out of Philly Extra Light 1 HEXA (slight tweak there :whistle: ) and some leftover roast carrot hummus with various baby veg crudites 2.5 syns for tahini
Tea: At hospital til quite late so just a quick chicken in Parma Ham with sprouts, carrots, broccoli 1.5 syns for parma ham.
Was meant to be stuffed with Feta, garlic & basil but I found the only chicken I had left was rubbish random stuff that couldnt possibly be stuffed :( So I put random bits of it together and wrapped em up in Parma ham so they looked like a real whole piece... :cool: dont think the OH even noticed tbh :giggle:
Snacks: Pumpkin chips. Bleeeee :9529: Only did this cos I had half a pumpkin left I just could NOT fit in the damn fridge after all the shopping so I thought Ah Sod It, Better Cook The Damn Thing... didnt think it'd really go with chicken & sprouts :rolleyes: so did it as a snack in a bowl separately. Bleeeeeeeeee :jelous:

Soooo nothing exciting today, just chicken & veg:

6323037835_be640d6371_o.jpg

ermintrude said:
Monday 07th - Extra Easy

Breakfast: Coffee 1 HEXA & mixed fruit
Lunch: Tesco day - so lunch was mad hoovering up of anything left in fridge!
So big salad 2 syns for dressing, Finn Crisp with roast garlic cheese mix made out of Philly Extra Light 1 HEXA (slight tweak there :whistle: ) and some leftover roast carrot hummus with various baby veg crudites 2.5 syns for tahini
Tea: At hospital til quite late so just a quick chicken in Parma Ham with sprouts, carrots, broccoli 1.5 syns for parma ham.
Was meant to be stuffed with Feta, garlic & basil but I found the only chicken I had left was rubbish random stuff that couldnt possibly be stuffed :( So I put random bits of it together and wrapped em up in Parma ham so they looked like a real whole piece... :cool: dont think the OH even noticed tbh :giggle:
Snacks: Pumpkin chips. Bleeeee :9529: Only did this cos I had half a pumpkin left I just could NOT fit in the damn fridge after all the shopping so I thought Ah Sod It, Better Cook The Damn Thing... didnt think it'd really go with chicken & sprouts :rolleyes: so did it as a snack in a bowl separately. Bleeeeeeeeee :jelous:

Soooo nothing exciting today, just chicken & veg:

Bleeeeee? Is that a good noise or a bad noise?

Tuesday 08th - Green

Breakfast: Coffee 1 HEXA, blackberries in coconut Muller
Lunch: Jalapeno hummus with mixed crudites & carrot salad 2.5 syns for dressing
Tea: Spanish lentil soup 4 syns
Supper: Box of tomatoes with Marmite cheese 1 HEXA & 1 HEXB and SW piccalilli. Coconut Muller
Snacks: Nectarines, Bovril

Bit of a random day. Starving by 5pm again so thought Id have a small bowl of what we were having for tea later as Id already made it, so had 2 ladles of that. (It was cr@ppe btw and I wasnt faffing making it fantabulous so I stuck a coupla tbsps curry paste in it, still cr@ppe, so a couple more... ) Then still hungry so another bowl of stew... then another bowl. So by teatime Id had 3 bowls of stew and wasnt hungry any more :rolleyes:

Then I start getting snacky :sigh: Not hungry, I just wanted to snack and stuff my face. So Im avoiding eating yet *another* bowl of tea :rolleyes: So Im wondering what stuff I can snack on. Figured I hadnt had many HEXes today so had some cheeeeese :drool: chopped up with a bowl of tomatoes and then saw the piccalilli, why not, its all free! :) So had *half a jar* of that :eek: And a Muller light. (Not all in the same bowl :rolleyes: :D ) So 'supper' ended up being... interesting :whistle:

So here's the boring rubbish lentil stew:

6328703322_1399a39845_o.jpg

Looks OK, but Boring. :(

Aaaaaanyhooo went to bed not all that much lighter than last week, woke up and all last week's gain has facked off as well as another 2lb. 5lb off in total.

I think my scales are facked :confused: Im not sure, but fack it, I know Im mostly sticking to the plan so what more can I do, onwards and downwards :cool:

ermintrude said:
Tuesday 08th - Green

Breakfast: Coffee 1 HEXA, blackberries in coconut Muller
Lunch: Jalapeno hummus with mixed crudites & carrot salad 2.5 syns for dressing
Tea: Spanish lentil soup 4 syns
Supper: Box of tomatoes with Marmite cheese 1 HEXA & 1 HEXB and SW piccalilli. Coconut Muller
Snacks: Nectarines, Bovril

Bit of a random day. Starving by 5pm again so thought Id have a small bowl of what we were having for tea later as Id already made it, so had 2 ladles of that. (It was cr@ppe btw and I wasnt faffing making it fantabulous so I stuck a coupla tbsps curry paste in it, still cr@ppe, so a couple more... ) Then still hungry so another bowl of stew... then another bowl. So by teatime Id had 3 bowls of stew and wasnt hungry any more :rolleyes:

Then I start getting snacky :sigh: Not hungry, I just wanted to snack and stuff my face. So Im avoiding eating yet *another* bowl of tea :rolleyes: So Im wondering what stuff I can snack on. Figured I hadnt had many HEXes today so had some cheeeeese :drool: chopped up with a bowl of tomatoes and then saw the piccalilli, why not, its all free! :) So had *half a jar* of that :eek: And a Muller light. (Not all in the same bowl :rolleyes: :D ) So 'supper' ended up being... interesting :whistle:

So here's the boring rubbish lentil stew:

Looks OK, but Boring. :(

Aaaaaanyhooo went to bed not all that much lighter than last week, woke up and all last week's gain has facked off as well as another 2lb. 5lb off in total.

I think my scales are facked :confused: Im not sure, but fack it, I know Im mostly sticking to the plan so what more can I do, onwards and downwards :cool:

You make me chuckle!! I can just imagine your cheese and half a jar of piccalilli!!!

OK, here's last night's buffet tea, my Divine Lentil Salad with homemade spicy jalapeno hummus, Cajun Quorn sausages and salad:

5775616536_7cb2326689_o.jpg

5775075503_8897fbf70a_o.jpg

Total: 3 syns (for the extra virgin olive oil in the lentil salad)

Hi do you have the recipies for lentil salad, looks delish :D and the tandori chicken and lamb kebabs? hehehe, they also look amazing :D

Back