Erm's Photo Diary

dabhand said:
Morning Erm... If you are looking to get more superfree you could try 'Cauli Rice' It is so yum and goes really well with curries etc in place of real rice.. All you do is grate a few florets on a cheese grater into a microwaveable dish, add an eggcup full of water and some salt and cover with clingfilm. Pop a hole in the middle and cook on high for 4 mins or so. Fluff it up and serve... If you syn a little bit of butter to mix in it is delish........

Mmm sounds good to me, thing is when I buy a Cauli all I can think of is Cauli cheese!!
I've given up chicken in a curry and just have veg or my fave mushrooms!

Daft I know but the idea of having celeriac or carrot chips as a superfree snack feels wrong though it's right lol

Righty, catch up tiome:

Wednesday 22nd Feb Green

Breakfast: Coffee & fruit 1 HEXA
Lunch: Curried egg & lentil sandwich 0.4 HEXA 1 HEXB
Lunch 2: Half portion leftover South Indian veggie stew
Tea: Spicy veg & chestnut pie 1 HEXB for chestnuts, 1 syn for oil
Snacks: Baby corn, pear, apple, Muller light

Hugh Whipisass recipe. Why do I do it to myself :doh: Got his recipe book for Crimbo so gotta give some of them a go :sigh:

6928308827_2d3e6926c5_o.jpg

Pot pie. Bit meh really. I made thos a year ago and thoguht I really liked it :confused:

6928308923_dc102ba34f_o.jpg

6928308995_57b0cb3667_o.jpg

Thursday 23rd Feb Green

Lunch: Apple, box of pineapple, box of spicy beetroot :rolleyes: Bin running round London all day cos my computer had a bladdy cardiac :sigh:
Tea: Feta stuffed chicken in parma ham with veggies 1 HEXA, <2 HEXB, 1.5 syns
Snacks: Apple, pear, 6 Mikado 3 syns, 4 Lindor mini eggs 6.5 syns, 1 Muller light

Yeah, eggzzzzzzz... I went into Waitrose to grab something to snack on and thought Id try out the Mikado while I was there as Id hear good things, well then I saw the mini eggs. Im quite impressed actually a) that I managed to stop at 4 b) that theyre actually not bad syns wise, 1.5 syns each 3) that the rest of the bag are STILL sitting there :cool:

Tea was supposed to be a new recipe but I had no compoota so I didnt even remember what it was never mind have access to the recipe :rolleyes: So just had to bung some chicken in :(

6928309043_ddb9c106d2_o.jpg

Friday 24th Feb Extra Easy

Lunch: Leftover veggies & South Indian veggie stew
Tea: SW Bengali Kofta curry with turmeric rice
Snacks: Baby corn, snap peas, Muller with cherry underlay 1.5 syns, 1 mini Babyble light 2 syns

This was lush for a SW recipe! :eek: I usually just bung em in on weekdays, if at all, and dont expect much. But this was faaaaaab! :drool: Love it! Deffo going on my faves list! The rice was OK too. Wouldn't bother with the yoghurt again in though.

I doubled the spices and chucked a stock cube and a coupla tablespoons tomato puree in as well.

6928309095_903c25998d_o.jpg

That looks fab Erms, is it the one from last months mag??

Ooh am going to have to try those curried egg and lentil sandwiches! Just done a search and found recipe. Thought I'd google before asking you to post as I seem to always be doing that but then... if you have time please could you post a recipe for your chestnunt and potato pie? Googled that too but could only find a curry type one with exotic ingredients or just pics. Bah! xxx

Ooh am going to have to try those curried egg and lentil sandwiches! Just done a search and found recipe. Thought I'd google before asking you to post as I seem to always be doing that but then... if you have time please could you post a recipe for your chestnunt and potato pie? Googled that too but could only find a curry type one with exotic ingredients or just pics. Bah! xxx

Actually the egg & lentil thing was pretty boring really :confused: Usual Whuppingass pretentious bollox. A good old normal egg sarnie would be better IMO. Its fine to stick curry powder & lentils in as a change but nothing out of the ordinary or particularly worth much effort. Alright to ring the changes though I guess.

The chestnut & veg pot pie recipe I got from here. I first made it about a year ago and it seemed fab at the time, but this time round it was a bit meh tbh. :confused: I suppose I didn't used to expect much back then :rolleyes: but my Cooking Skillzzz have improved these days and I can make much better stuff so I expect a bit more :D

Looks fab! I did the butter chicken curry a while back off the calender and was rather impressed.

You lot will be proud of me: I BOUGHT A CELERIAC!!

Well Chipmunk has put me off it already, she didn't like it, but now that I've bought it (£1.50?!?!) I'm eating it, haha. Going to do it later, will keep you all updated x

JezVonSavage said:
Well Chipmunk has put me off it already, she didn't like it, but now that I've bought it (£1.50?!?!) I'm eating it, haha. Going to do it later, will keep you all updated x

I didn't completely not like it. Just couldn't quite get rid of the celery taste in the background lol... Maybe I didn't use enough seasoning. It was edible, but not worth replacing my potatoes for! :)

Chipmunk89 said:
I didn't completely not like it. Just couldn't quite get rid of the celery taste in the background lol... Maybe I didn't use enough seasoning. It was edible, but not worth replacing my potatoes for! :)

I do like potatoes but it would be a good option for red days, I'm scared of trying new stuff lol, need a couple of opinions :)

R-E-D said:
I do like potatoes but it would be a good option for red days, I'm scared of trying new stuff lol, need a couple of opinions :)

That's why I tried it. I thought it would save having to use potatoes as a HexB on red... but I personally don't think it was worth it. We all have different tastes though, think its best to try it and see :)

Chip-Pie I was susceptible to negative celeriac propaganda at the time! If I'm honest, it looks a bit like a brain so it's freaking me out that I have to eat it :(

JezVonSavage said:
Chip-Pie I was susceptible to negative celeriac propaganda at the time! If I'm honest, it looks a bit like a brain so it's freaking me out that I have to eat it :(

Yeah, and it gets worse when you start cutting it up - it stinks!! ;)

JezVonSavage said:

Lol that is funny

Back