Erm's Photo Diary

Nah, I think its only fair tbh, if you wrote or drew something or made a piece of music and then people kept splashing it about for free all over the internet rather than buying the book you wouldnt be happy. Most authors/musicians get naff all as a percentage anyway :( So I think its OK to post a few recipes to encourage people to buy the book if they like it, but not cool to start to post the entire damn book :D Or if youve heavily edited a recipe its OK too i think as long as you reference the original it came from. (I mean morally OK obviously - at the end of the day its against the rule even of this forum to be copying and pasting recipes like there's no tomorrow ;) )

Chicken, mm tbh I think its just so nice on its own I dont see the point adding chicken just for the sake of it. There are endless Massaman recipes out there you can try, this one just works so well as it is I dont see any need to add or change anything. Its a bit like having the most divine creamy luxury ice cream ever and someone saying "d'ya wanna flake with that?" :D Or BOGOF on champagne - getting a can of Stella free :8855:

Its from a veggie cookbook btw so all the flavours are put together to let you taste the flavour of the veggies. (Look away now people who throw up at the thought of S*p*free :rolleyes: )

I do all my piracy in secret, like a ninja! I see where you are coming from though. You don't want to get in trouble just because you posted a few recipes. You shouldn't worry - you haven't photocopied the entire book and started selling it on a street corner. I didn't realise you'd already posted a lot of the recipes from this book when I asked if I could steal it :(:eek:

Maybe I will just leave it as it is then, will be a first for me. We made a veg curry the other day and I had to chuck chicken in there because I was scared it wouldn't feel like a curry without meat :eek: But I am planning a green week! So perfect time for me to try it :)

I do all my piracy in secret, like a ninja! I see where you are coming from though. You don't want to get in trouble just because you posted a few recipes. You shouldn't worry - you haven't photocopied the entire book and started selling it on a street corner. I didn't realise you'd already posted a lot of the recipes from this book when I asked if I could steal it :(:eek:

Maybe I will just leave it as it is then, will be a first for me. We made a veg curry the other day and I had to chuck chicken in there because I was scared it wouldn't feel like a curry without meat :eek: But I am planning a green week! So perfect time for me to try it :)

Ah I wasnt having a go, sorry, nooooo deffo keep on asking for recipes! It was only cos I've posted 3 in a row of this guy's out of the same book cos I love his stuff so much :D Its not that I dont want to get into trouble, thats no prob, if someone tells me off Ill just take it down :D I just feel bad spreading peoples stuff around, probably too long spent with skint artists & musicians :)

Yay veggie week, perfect for the Massaman! Yeah dont think of it as a curry. Well not an Indian one anyway, its a Thai thing I think. :)

Ah I wasnt having a go, sorry, nooooo deffo keep on asking for recipes! It was only cos I've posted 3 in a row of this guy's out of the same book cos I love his stuff so much :D Its not that I dont want to get into trouble, thats no prob, if someone tells me off Ill just take it down :D I just feel bad spreading peoples stuff around, probably too long spent with skint artists & musicians :)

Yay veggie week, perfect for the Massaman! Yeah dont think of it as a curry. Well not an Indian one anyway, its a Thai thing I think. :)

Haha ok no worries :D Don't feel bad, you are giving the guy free promo! I bet a few of us here have bought recipe books on your recommendation, and other folks, so its all swings and roundabouts. I think. I am rubbish at using expressions.

I am having an accidental veggie day today! Quorn is the way forward :D but don't worry I won't ruin the recipe with quorn lol.

Sunday 25th Mar Red

Breakfast: Coffee & strawberries in Muller light 1 HEXA
Lunch: Picnic leftovers - salad, veggies, carrots & hummus <1 HEXB, plus some mushroom stir fry 1 syn for mustard
Tea: Liver & bacon with onion gravy & double mustard mash <1 HEXB for oil, 3 syns for flour, mustard & ketchup
Snacks: pear, 10 Mikado 5 syns

7020416773_a1f24064e5_o.jpg

Monday 26th Mar Green

Breakfast: Coffee & toast 1.2 HEXA 1 HEXB
Breakfast 2: Coffee & piece of cake about 5 syns
Lunch: Mixed fruit salad, piece of cheddar 1 HEXA, mixed side salad 0.5 syns, M&S Fibre Boost Salad Bar 16.5 syns
Tea: Black bean soup with chocolate & chilli 2 syns for chocolate, then about another 40 syns in crappe

Disaster of a day. Had to go to court for a friend so was up at 4:30am, had some toast & coffee & filled 2 flasks to take with me. I did consider taking some food but thought Id only be a couple of hours, well I was but then we went for coffee. I only had half a piece of cake as it was free but no other food so still being good. Then it was such a nice day and I had to get off at Waterloo so I thought Id walk down the South Bank and have my lunch outside the RFH, so I picked up some fruit & salad & a mini portion of cheese from M&S, but I was thinking Im never gonna survive all afternoon on this salad, so I picked up this grainy/pulsey salad thing that I knew would be pretty high in syns but still better than snacking on junk. So all was still well, only just over my syns even with the salad. So I manage all day outside without going overboard then I get in an see these damn langue du chats that have been hanging around since the cheese fest which Ive told the OK repeatedly to take to work. I picked a couple out to nibble on and that was that, BLOODY things :mad: Soooo good I snaffled the rest of the pack, about 30 syns. Then the sugar made me 'hungry' so I had 2 Alepn Lights follwed by a Hifi bar. AGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :mad: SO bladdy hell knows, over 60 syns today.

Still, coulda been worse, in ye olde days I would have eaten half the shop out of cakes and crisps and stuff :(

On top of that though, the scales had been happy hapy all week, showing me numbers Ive never seen before, then overnight yesterday, BOOM. Its approaching TOTM so Im drinking water like a fish and my fingers are all swollen again, Im retaining enough water to remedy a nationwide drought Grrrrrrrrr :sigh:

Tuesday 27th Mar Green

Breakfast: Coffee & fruit 1 HEXA
Lunch: Mixed cheese salad 1.5 HEXB, 2 syns for salad cream
Tea: Spicy tomato & bean soup
Snacks: Baby corn, snap peas, tomatoes, Quorn slices, 2 Alpen light 1 HEXB, 1 Muller with cherry underlay 1.5 syns

6877219434_fb4e6586eb_o.jpg

And for that I win 4lbs off and my 8 1/2 stone award, yippee!!!!!!!!! :woohoo:

6877226666_6a2b35a502_o.jpg

Very confused as I'm still loaded with water, my hands feel swollen as a, er, swollen thing :rolleyes: But one does not question the wonder of the scales :cool: (Not when it's going in this direction anyway :whistle: )

So I've now lost an average fashion model! Bonus!!! And I'm bang on the 19.00 so I W - A - N - T that fabulotastic 1 - 8 by next week or there will be trouble! :cool:

Woop woop well done honey :)

xxx

Very confused as I'm still loaded with water, my hands feel swollen as a, er, swollen thing :rolleyes: But one does not question the wonder of the scales :cool: (Not when it's going in this direction anyway :whistle: )

So I've now lost an average fashion model! Bonus!!! And I'm bang on the 19.00 so I W - A - N - T that fabulotastic 1 - 8 by next week or there will be trouble! :cool:

There should be a 'multiple-like' button for posts like these! I don't just want to 'like' it, I want to 'like,like,like,like,like,like' it! :D:D

Well done Erm! :D x

Wow your food looks so amazing its making me hungry, and your weight loss so far is an inspiration! How did you make the kebabs? Is the recipe on the SW website? With the weather being so good at the moment I think I might need to crack out the BBQ myself!! xx

Well done on the loss Erm!! You are speeding those through pounds!! Good luck for next week, hope you see the 18s! Omg! xxx

Fantastic!! Well done :D

You do be twinkling Ermintrude.

When I read your foodie lust posts, you really do seem enjoy what you eat and are always trying out or adapting new recipes. I am convinced that you will keep the weight off as you ensure your passion for food is always satisfied. Sounds glib but I find this full of hope and I think the only weigh (see what I did there ?) I have of acheiving and sustaining losses is to adopt the a similar attitude. I love to cook and create tasty nosh. Perhaps I should start a photo food diary.

Am still puzzled about the aniseed flavour(Yup too much time on me 'ans)Do you think it was the mushrooms ? Didnt use tarragon did you ? :)

Back