Erm's Photo Diary

jilly said:
You do be twinkling Ermintrude.

When I read your foodie lust posts, you really do seem enjoy what you eat and are always trying out or adapting new recipes. I am convinced that you will keep the weight off as you ensure your passion for food is always satisfied. Sounds glib but I find this full of hope and I think the only weigh (see what I did there ?) I have of acheiving and sustaining losses is to adopt the a similar attitude. I love to cook and create tasty nosh. Perhaps I should start a photo food diary.

Am still puzzled about the aniseed flavour(Yup too much time on me 'ans)Do you think it was the mushrooms ? Didnt use tarragon did you ? :)

The aniseed puzzle was solved-it was the fennel seeds :)

The aniseed puzzle was solved-it was the fennel seeds :)

Noooo that was a post mix-up - the fennel seeds were in the curry which was fine, it was the Wellington which was aniseed-y and that didn't have any fennel in it :confused: . I think it was the dried mushrooms cos I had them years ago and thought they were revolting but couldnt remember what was revolting about them, so Ive never had them since. Dont know what else it could be :confused:

ermintrude said:
Noooo that was a post mix-up - the fennel seeds were in the curry which was fine, it was the Wellington which was aniseed-y and that didn't have any fennel in it :confused: . I think it was the dried mushrooms cos I had them years ago and thought they were revolting but couldnt remember what was revolting about them, so Ive never had them since. Dont know what else it could be :confused:

Ah right sorry :(

You do be twinkling Ermintrude.

When I read your foodie lust posts, you really do seem enjoy what you eat and are always trying out or adapting new recipes. I am convinced that you will keep the weight off as you ensure your passion for food is always satisfied. Sounds glib but I find this full of hope and I think the only weigh (see what I did there ?) I have of acheiving and sustaining losses is to adopt the a similar attitude. I love to cook and create tasty nosh. Perhaps I should start a photo food diary.

Am still puzzled about the aniseed flavour(Yup too much time on me 'ans)Do you think it was the mushrooms ? Didnt use tarragon did you ? :)

Mmm I think what Im most worried about is not having time in future to do this, i have quite a bit of time on my hands to plan and cook but Im still bloddy useless at picking sensible things when Im busy and out and starving :sigh: I think making massive batches and taking boxes with me is gonna get important.

Tarragon! Yes I did! I bought it just for this recipe! Is that what it was? Wooooooooo we haz solution!!!!!!! :eek: :)

Yup, think you're right sw is so very much easier when you have time to plan ,shop and cook. But its ok I have the perfect solution all you do is keep plenty of time on your hands !! No ? ok then, just get excellent at food boxes.

Tarragon terror ! ruined a perfectly good chicken casserole by adding this, this.... dung ! I have always used thyme and been perfectly happy with it but all the flash chefs (and Delia) insist it is the perfect marriage. Tried it for the first time last week and it has a taste of "soft" aniseed. Never again ! In fact this weed should only ever be served with aubergine and then exported to the land of people with seriously disturbed tastebuds:)

Yes! I bought it special for the damn recipe, theres still a pile contaminating my fridge!

A*b*rgine! And t*rr*gon! Two things that should be consigned to the vomit bag of history!
:9529:

I love tarragon, especially with chicken, it's lovely. I don't like aniseed (or aubergine but that's not relevant lol) and haven't ever noticed that it tastes like that :confused: I've only ever had the dried stuff though! I don't like fresh coriander but like it dried, maybe I wouldn't like fresh tarragon :eek: I want to try it now to see!

Ive never tried dried tarragon either but this is enough to out me off :(

I adore fresh coriander but it doesnt remotely resemble the dried stuff, its on another planet. Different universe perhaps. :D Im currenely addicted to chopped coriander and spring onion sprinkled over the top of, well, everything :D

Aubergine - I have tried so hard to like it, but just can't! I'm also in the 'don't like tarragon' camp, although I do like aniseed, but only when it is out of a sweetie jar!

Thank goodness it's not just me who HATES aubergine. Was beginning to feel like an anti-aubergine freak. All on my lonesome... But no longer!

I love coriander. Fresh. Chopped and mixed with tomato, red onion and lime juice. Can eat it on its own or on top of/next to almost anything. Yum x

Thank goodness it's not just me who HATES aubergine. Was beginning to feel like an anti-aubergine freak. All on my lonesome... But no longer!

I love coriander. Fresh. Chopped and mixed with tomato, red onion and lime juice. Can eat it on its own or on top of/next to almost anything. Yum x

Oh yes! I made the most LUSH topping the other day, cucumber (with the seeds removed), tomato (ditto), spring onion, coriander and lime juice - DIVINE! :drool: Just makes everything it touches droolworthy! :D

The OH doesn't eat coriander so I dont get to actually put it *in* anything, so every night I pile mounds of it on top of whatever Im eating with a bit of onion or lime/lemon juice, it sooooooo perks up anything in sight! :)

I used to detest aubergines and courgettes but I can now eat courgettes! I wouldnt say I 'like' them but they dont make me throw up anymore, as long as theyre properly cooked. Im gonna try a*berg*ne this week though :eek: Wish me luck! :hide:

Wednesday 28th Mar Green

Breakfast: Coffee & fruit 1 HEXA
Lunch: Spicy tomato & bean soup
Tea: Random-fridge-raid-stew :rolleyes: <1 HEXB for chicken, 5 syns for stuffing balls
Snacks: satsuma, 1 mini Babybel goat's cheese ???<1 HEXB, 1 Velvet crunch 4 syns, 4 squares Lindt Excellence dark coconut 12 syns

6880165252_46e9216caa_o.jpg

Last edited:
I used to detest aubergines and courgettes but I can now eat courgettes! I wouldnt say I 'like' them but they dont make me throw up anymore, as long as theyre properly cooked. Im gonna try a*berg*ne this week though :eek: Wish me luck! :hide:

I love courgettes. I like them cut in chunky strips and roasted in the oven. And grated and put into burgers/meatball/meatloaf type thingys as they pretty much dissappear and add to the daily veg intake. They are ok sliced super thin served raw in a lemony garlic dressing too.

The only way that I don't mind aubergines (apart from so covered in strong cheese that you can't see/taste them :D) is thinly sliced, sprayed with frylight and roasted like crisps. Salted. Eaten. :eat:

What are you doing with it?! x

I love coriander and used to love Aubergine until I went to Egypt and had this Aubergine dip thing and was really poorly so now cant stand it lol
Your stew looks gorgeous like a sunday dinner in a stew
xx

The only way that I don't mind aubergines (apart from so covered in strong cheese that you can't see/taste them :D) is thinly sliced, sprayed with frylight and roasted like crisps. Salted. Eaten. :eat:

What are you doing with it?! x

Mm saturday Im making a pilaf thing, with feta and chermoula and harissa, so hopefully there'll be enough flavours/other stuff to hide it til I get accustomed :D

Then theres another coupla other things on my list that had it in but I forget what now, Im trying this new recipe book and the guy seems to be a bit of a fan of the old aubergine :rolleyes: So I thought I better get practising my palate :D

I love coriander and used to love Aubergine until I went to Egypt and had this Aubergine dip thing and was really poorly so now cant stand it lol
Your stew looks gorgeous like a sunday dinner in a stew
xx

Heh, it was juts a randomer, Tesco turned up and there was not enough space in the fridge/freezer so I had to use up half a cauliflower, a cabbage, a parsnip, a bit of ancient chicken and half a swede :rolleyes" Dont like to chuck it, especially when theres that much! :eek: I just chopped the lot up and bunged it in with some stock, herbs and stuff, then stuck some stuffing balls on top :D It was supposed to be goat's cheese & celeriac soup but that'll have to wait :D

Thursday 29th Mar Green

Breakfast: Coffee & fruit 1 HEXA
Lunch: Random stew 5 syns for stuffing balls
Tea: Wild rice, halloumi & ginger-braised leeks with sweet pepper, chilli & caper sauce 2 HEXB for squeaky cheese, 7 syns for butter, olive oil & white wine
Snacks: Baby tomatoes, baby corn, snap peas, Muller cherry underlay 1.5 syns, Quorn slices, more coffeeeeeees BzzzZZZZZZzzzZzzzz!!! <1 HEXA

Oh my. This guy is God. That is all.

6883234678_033876760a_o.jpg

This was restaurant-quality stuff. I didn't use anywhere near as much oil as he recommended, just 1 tbsp eked out over the recipe and a smidgen of butter for the rice & cheese, and it was just fabulous, any more it would have just been one big oil pot. Fabulous, the cheese soaked up all the oil & sauce flavours, the rice soaked up all the butter and sauce. Quite light but just enough. Wouldnt serve 4 though, I made the whole recipe with only half the cheese and it served 2 and does look a really small portion, but it was just enough to really enjoy all the flavours but be finished before you got stuffed. No way it would serve 4 though, except maybe as a starter.

I would do this again, maybe with some different veg. Doesn't need to be quite so fancy as Cotter makes it but he brings up some great ideas :drool:

Back