Erm's Photo Diary

hope it went well. take care of yourself. :bighug:

Hey Erm.

Just stopped by. I hope your kidney op went ok - healthy happy wishes are being sent over to you!

Amazing to hear about losing a third of your body weight - you have done so well. True inspiration. I am tucking into your Jalepeno Hummus right this second in homage to you - its delicious, but burning me fooking mouth!

xx

hi erm hope all is well and you are recovering well. just had a lovely bowl of the veg chlli again as it is so yummy, remembered the chocolate in it. so makes the dish not the same without it.

:bighug:

Is there any way I can word a search so ONLY Erms recipes come up?? Shamelessly I admit I want some of her success and 'To get what other people have go you've got to do what they did to get it'!

Hi Ermie can I poss have the recipe for the Smoky Black Bean stew? I've searched but can only find the citrusy black bean soup, but you mention whiz zing the tomatoes so I've gotten confused lol!

hi shirleen. have found this one that is yummy. hope it helps

Smoky black bean and roast tomato soup (Free on Green/EE)

For the salsa:
- 1 small red onion, very finely chopped
- 1 small tin sweetcorn, drained
- 1 red chilli, deseeded & very finely chopped
- juice of 1/2 a lime

For the soup:
- 12 large tomatoes, halved
- 2 red onions, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tsp chipotle paste (I use Discovery)
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- about 750g (cooked weight) black beans (you can use tinned but dried ones soaked overnight are way nicer - I use Tesco black turtle beans - sometimes I use 1/2 the pack, sometimes the full 500g - just adjust stock and seasoning/lime/chipotle to taste)
- 750 ml veg stock (again, need to adjust depending how much beans you use)
- juice of 1/2 a lime
- few sprigs fresh coriander

Method:
- Soak beans overnight if using dried ones
- Heat oven to 190C/fan 170C/gas 5
- Lay tomatoes cut-side up on a baking tray, spray with Fry Light, season and bake for 30min

Next make the salsa:
- Fry onion on medium in Fry Light for 5 min until soft
- Add sweetcorn & chilli and cook on high heat until start to brown
- Take off the heat, season with salt, pepper and lime juice and set aside

Next make the soup:
- Fry onions in Fry Light until translucent (not brown)
- add garlic, chipotle, oregano and cumin seeds and cook for 5 min until fragrant
- Add tomatoes, beans and stock, bring to boil and simmer for 30min
- Season with salt, pepper and lime juice, adjust chipotle if you think it needs it, top with a spoonful of salsa and a few coriander leaves and serve

The salsa totally makes it btw, dont skip it.
smile.gif

This is one of my favourite soups, I have it every couple of weeks
smile.gif
I think I originally got it from this book

6347955805_78a0177570_o.jpg

6011587152_d18c99046e_o.jpg

6672875919_eb4780c0d1_o.jpg

Last edited:
dirtydancing said:
hi shirleen. have found this one that is yummy. hope it helps

Smoky black bean and roast tomato soup (Free on Green/EE)

For the salsa:
- 1 small red onion, very finely chopped
- 1 small tin sweetcorn, drained
- 1 red chilli, deseeded & very finely chopped
- juice of 1/2 a lime

For the soup:
- 12 large tomatoes, halved
- 2 red onions, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tsp chipotle paste (I use Discovery)
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- about 750g (cooked weight) black beans (you can use tinned but dried ones soaked overnight are way nicer - I use Tesco black turtle beans - sometimes I use 1/2 the pack, sometimes the full 500g - just adjust stock and seasoning/lime/chipotle to taste)
- 750 ml veg stock (again, need to adjust depending how much beans you use)
- juice of 1/2 a lime
- few sprigs fresh coriander

Method:
- Soak beans overnight if using dried ones
- Heat oven to 190C/fan 170C/gas 5
- Lay tomatoes cut-side up on a baking tray, spray with Fry Light, season and bake for 30min

Next make the salsa:
- Fry onion on medium in Fry Light for 5 min until soft
- Add sweetcorn & chilli and cook on high heat until start to brown
- Take off the heat, season with salt, pepper and lime juice and set aside

Next make the soup:
- Fry onions in Fry Light until translucent (not brown)
- add garlic, chipotle, oregano and cumin seeds and cook for 5 min until fragrant
- Add tomatoes, beans and stock, bring to boil and simmer for 30min
- Season with salt, pepper and lime juice, adjust chipotle if you think it needs it, top with a spoonful of salsa and a few coriander leaves and serve

The salsa totally makes it btw, dont skip it.

This is one of my favourite soups, I have it every couple of weeks I think I originally got it from this book

Perfect thankyou DD!!! Xxxx

Hope all is well with you Erm and that op went ok! X

Cheers shicks, not been around cos its a bit tough at the mo.

Food diaries

Friday 18th May Green

Breakfast: Coffee 1 HEXA
Lunch: Yoghurt & gingerbread syrup
Tea: Black eyed bean thing from freezer
Snacks: Veggie nibbles, Quorn slices, sweetfire beetrot

Saturday 19th May Green

Breakfast: Coffee & fruit 1 HEXA
Lunch: Roast kale & veggies, Quorn slices
Tea: Socca crepe of roast squash, caramelised red onion, kale & pine nuts, with tomato coriander salsa and goat's cheese cream 1 HEXA & 1 HEXBfor cheese, 1 HEXB for nuts, 13 syns for flour & oil
Snacks: Wine, 40 syns?

7248376140_28845b01a8_o.jpg

Sunday 20th May Green

Lunch: Leftover squash thing 0.5 HEXB for nuts & oil, 2 Garlic Quorn sausages 3 syns
Tea: Roast garlic & fennel mash with lemon-braised chickpeas & aubergine 5.5 syns for butter & wine
Snacks: Snap peas, baby corn, tomatoes, sweetfire beetroot, cheese 1 HEXA

7248376294_25eab9b660_o.jpg

Monday 21st May Green

Lunch: Quorn sausage & mixed veg 3 syns
Tea: Roast aubergine & pepper soup with honeyed cabbage & chilli oil <1 HEXB for oil, 3 syns for honey
Snacks: Quorn slices, 2 Alpen Light 1 HEXB

7248375846_1ed08ffe90_o.jpg

Last edited:
Hey Erm,

Glad to see you back, I hope you are feeling a bit better and that the op was a success.

Take care of yourself and rest up.
xx

Glad to see that you have checked in Erms even if you are not 100%. Hang in there chick. :bighug:Know you are not one for talking so won't make it worse by banging on. xx

Tuesday 22nd May Green

Lunch: Cheese salad with veggies 1 HEXA, 2 syns, Finn Crisp & LCL, 1 HEXA & 1 HEXB
Tea: Pumpkin & crouton soup 10 syns for bread, oil & wine
Snacks: None

Forgot I was having croutons for tea so snacked 2 HEXes away :rolleyes: Dont care, these croutons are worth a week's syns :drool:

7255123156_f0f6115043_o.jpg

And for that I put 2lbs on :rolleyes: Which I know is utter bollocks given that nothing passed my lips for nearly 2 days around the op, and Ive been good all week except the takeaway we had when I couldnt cook. So Im assuming - TMI alert: it must be the ol' poop... (only been once all week owing to the tablets... :eek: ) I would say hopefully itll all, ah, vacate the premises by next week, but I could be on the ol' codeine for a good 6 weeks til they take the stent out :sigh:

ermintrude said:
And for that I put 2lbs on :rolleyes: Which I know is utter bollocks given that nothing passed my lips for nearly 2 days around the op, and Ive been good all week except the takeaway we had when I couldnt cook. So Im assuming - TMI alert: it must be the ol' poop... (only been once all week owing to the tablets... :eek: ) I would say hopefully itll all, ah, vacate the premises by next week, but I could be on the ol' codeine for a good 6 weeks til they take the stent out :sigh:

When I was last ill in hospital I put on too wtf? Harley ate... I was quite excited come weigh in day so it was a big fat disappointment :/

try dates or something like that, lots of oranges, they make me go, pepermint tea thats agood too, warm water and lemon as soon as you get up to try get something moving...

Back