Erm's Photo Diary

No, I bought it ages ago from some online spice store along with a load of other spices. (I tend to do the odd big shop when Im running low on stuff and get the massive bags of stuff I use all the time like cumin, coriander etc, plus a few new bits & bobs since Im doing the big shop anyway). Its DIVINE though, I could stick it in everything! Nothing like I expected, I could just dop my finger in and eat it all day! :D It'd be great mixed into a little cheese or yoghurt as a spread or dip, or on your chips or tatties, or in some hummus, or all sorts of things! Mmmmmmm!

I have to say, all of your meals look amazingly yummy! Still have not tried BNS, must do soon as I seem to find it everywhere on here :) Other than this recipe, what's your favourite way to make it?

ooh I dunno really , maybe this one! I like other squash better, like Kabocha or onion squash, they're just divine! BNS is just easier to get hold of. I think it tasted better today than I've ever had it, straight outta the oven before the sauce went on, maybe I just got a good batch. Cant beat a kabocha though IMO :drool:

Ooh :) Thanks, well I will get a few different squashes and try them a few ways, guaranteed to find a way I like it :)

Laura94B said:
Ooh :) Thanks, well I will get a few different squashes and try them a few ways, guaranteed to find a way I like it :)

Simple but bns chips are great :)

Oooh, might try those as my current faves are sweet potato chips :p Any veg chips are good, I think! :D

Monday 28th May Green

Breakfast: Coffee & fruit 1 HEXA
Lunch: Last bits of quinoa salad, griddled chicken & a slice of bacon wedge <2 HEXB for chicken, oil, bacon, 4.5 syns for Brie. Why is Brie not a HEX :(
Tea: Random roast veg pasta thing 1 HEXA for Parmesan 4.5 syns for prosciutto
Snacks: None

Was supposed to be soup but its scorching so vaguely ripped a BBC recipe but chucked a load of extra bits in.

7294143568_c17eb14114_o.jpg

7294386322_9d4ce93426_o.jpg

Tuesday 29th May Green

Lunch: Leftover pasta thing 1 HEXA for Parmesan
Tea: Leftover broad bean orecchiette with salad 1 HEXB for cheese
Snacks: Quorn slices

7300749532_16fc001747_o.jpg

Oh and I forgot, 4.5lbs off this week :) (Not as good as it sounds given that I put 2lb on with the ol' codeine thang last week... but the bathroom was, er, kind to me this morn... :whistle: )

8.5lb to go til summer target! :cool: ('Cept Im off on hols for my bifdee this Sat, so not expecting any losses this week :rolleyes: )

ermintrude said:
Oh and I forgot, 4.5lbs off this week :) (Not as good as it sounds given that I put 2lb on with the ol' codeine thang last week... but the bathroom was, er, kind to me this morn... :whistle: )

8.5lb to go til summer target! :cool: ('Cept Im off on hols for my bifdee this Sat, so not expecting any losses this week :rolleyes: )

In case I forget, Happy Birthday and Happy Hols xxxx

Well done on the loss and happy birthday!

ermintrude said:

Well done on a whopping loss. And happy birthday Erm!!!!!!!! Xxx

Whaddya mean you forgot?!??! AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope you are feeling better. Hope you have an awesome time on hols and HAPPY EARLY BIRTHDAY! x

Sunday 27th May Green

Lunch: Cheese salad 1 HEXA & 1 syn for Parmesan & mustard
Tea: Ottoloenghi's roast squash salad with tahini and za'atar 2 HEXB & 9.5 syns for tahini & pine nuts
Snacks: Bit of leftover quinoa & summer salads from last night, 2 syns for oil & mustard

Oh sweet jesus, I have died and gone to heaven :faint2: It doesn't get better than this :drool: I hear people rave about Ottolenghi but Ive scanned over a few recipes and nothing particularly grabbed me, but I had some za'atar hanging around that I specifically bought for a recipe eons ago which vanished into the ether before I managed to make it, then this Ottolenghi one in the Guardian caught my eye as it had the za'atar in, so I thought Id give it a go. Oh my. Oh. My. God. :drool:

Supposed to serve four, but for me not even two as a main though, so I stuck some side salad in which doesnt really go but its all I had. next time Id double the veggies but keep the sauce the same, so syns remain the same. Or you could serve with bag of rocket or whatever but I didnt have any. Doubling veggies should be fine, there was TONS of sauce, and its L - U - S - H :drool:

7280996982_55b9f04201_o.jpg

Oooh I am intrigued, do you have a link for the recipe? The quinoa salad looks deeelish too! :D (thinks she picked the wrong week to go raw) ;)

Whaddya mean you forgot?!??! AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope you are feeling better. Hope you have an awesome time on hols and HAPPY EARLY BIRTHDAY! x

Heh, it just didn't seem like much at first cos its been sitting there all week not moving, then suddenly overnight several pounds fell off, I always get nervous when it does that in case they come back next morning :eek: It wasn't until I added it up I realised how much less than last week it was :eek:

The Ottolenghi recipe is here, I've put it on my holiday menu too it is so yumsome!

well done on this weeks weight loss Erms, you are such an inspiration.

and yet again your food pics have made me hungry. Good job my dinner is just cooking.

Heh, it just didn't seem like much at first cos its been sitting there all week not moving, then suddenly overnight several pounds fell off, I always get nervous when it does that in case they come back next morning :eek: It wasn't until I added it up I realised how much less than last week it was :eek:

The Ottolenghi recipe is here, I've put it on my holiday menu too it is so yumsome!

DOH! :doh: I must have skipped right on past it! THANK YOU! x It's not coming back on don't get nervous! :D

Back