Erm's Photo Diary

Ahhhh just found his book on amazon , looks great and 44% off! Damn I'm already waiting for my two Isa books... Going to be skinto at this rate lol

Is it a vegan book Nik ?

No its not, sorry, just veggie, but theres not many in there that have eggs or dairy in. Theres the odd one with halloumi or goat's cheese in. The only milk ones I remember seeing are coconut milk. Most of it is just good old filling ways to make veg tasty :) Having said that I havent checked out the breakfast or dessert chapters so dont know if theyre any good for vegans.

Omg...... These look fantastic.... Can you explain the recipe please :)

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Just popping out for a bit, Ill post ot when I get in. :)

Ahhhh just found his book on amazon , looks great and 44% off! Damn I'm already waiting for my two Isa books... Going to be skinto at this rate lol

Ahh I just picked up AFR, gotta try some of those next week :)

Omg...... These look fantastic.... Can you explain the recipe please :)

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

OK here we go - this looks complicated reading it but it isn't really, its just a lot of ingredients, once you set stiff going its pretty easy, I made everything on the morning then just stuck it in the oven when we wanted to eat it:

Braised chard timbale with citrus butter

Serves 4

Ingredients:
- 8 large tomatoes
- 150g Puy lentils (dry weight)
- 1 leek, finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves only
- 250g halloumi (7 HEXes on Green - you could use low fat but I dont think its anywhere near as delicious as the real deal)
- 1 tbsp chopped mint
- 8 medium chard leaves (I used spring greens and cut the tough part of the stalk out)

Plus 4 metal rings about 8cm wide x 4cm high (or ramekins, similar)

For the butter:
- 50g butter, softened (13 syns)
- zest of 1 orange & juice of 1/2 an orange
- zest & juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp fresh chives, chopped
- 1/2 medium fennel bulb, finely chopped

Method:
- Slice the very top and very bottom of each tomato, then slice the rest into 3 pieces about 1cm thick each. Lay on a lined baking tray, season & roast in fry Light for 15-20 min until browning
- Meanwhile simmer the lentils for 20 min until just tender but still firm. Drain, rinse under cold water, drain and set aside.
- Fry the leek & garlic in Fry Light for 5 min
- Add the thyme for another 3-4min until leeks are tender
- Add the cooked lentils, season, stir & set aside

- Cut the halloumi into six slices, then cut each diagonally to make 12 triangles. Fry in a non-stick frying pan in fry Light, turning occasionally, until lightly brown on both sides. Sprinkle with mint and set aside on kitchen paper

- Wipe the inside of the rings with oil (and/or line & Fry Light the ramekins)
- Line each ring/ramekin with 2 leaves chard/spring greens leaving enough hanging over to seal the top
- Put 3 slices of tomato in the bottom, followed by: a spoon of lentil mix; then 3 triangles halloumi; then another spoon of lentil mix; then 3 slices of tomato.
- Finally seal the top into a parcel with the overhanging chard/greens. Cover, wright down with something heavy and store in the fridge for 30min or until ready to eat

Next make the butter: (you can omit this if you want, I thought they were yummy without)
- Melt half the butter on a low heat, add the fennel & saute for 5min
- Meanwhile mix the other half of the butter with the zests, juices & chives
- When the fennel is done add the zesty butter, season, mix well & set aside

When you're ready to eat preheat the oven to 200C/Gas 6 and cook the timbales for 15min until browning round the edges
Turn the timbales onto plates so they are sealed ide down, leave them for a minute and then slide the ring off.

Serve with veggies and drizzle over the citrus butter. I served mine with samphire, new potatoes & asparagus.

7385208730_2a1d4a482c_o.jpg

7385209690_8ef5cf6e51_o.jpg

7385209256_ed5367e61d_o.jpg

7385210606_c31b4f3473_o.jpg

As ever, go and get the book as this guy is A-MAZ-ING :drool:
51rgmyFjVGL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU02_.jpg

ermintrude said:
OK here we go - this looks complicated reading it but it isn't really, its just a lot of ingredients, once you set stiff going its pretty easy, I made everything on the morning then just stuck it in the oven when we wanted to eat it:

Braised chard timbale with citrus butter

Serves 4

Ingredients:
- 8 large tomatoes
- 150g Puy lentils (dry weight)
- 1 leek, finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves only
- 250g halloumi (7 HEXes on Green - you could use low fat but I dont think its anywhere near as delicious as the real deal)
- 1 tbsp chopped mint
- 8 medium chard leaves (I used spring greens and cut the tough part of the stalk out)

Plus 4 metal rings about 8cm wide x 4cm high (or ramekins, similar)

For the butter:
- 50g butter, softened (13 syns)
- zest of 1 orange & juice of 1/2 an orange
- zest & juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp fresh chives, chopped
- 1/2 medium fennel bulb, finely chopped

Method:
- Slice the very top and very bottom of each tomato, then slice the rest into 3 pieces about 1cm thick each. Lay on a lined baking tray, season & roast in fry Light for 15-20 min until browning
- Meanwhile simmer the lentils for 20 min until just tender but still firm. Drain, rinse under cold water, drain and set aside.
- Fry the leek & garlic in Fry Light for 5 min
- Add the thyme for another 3-4min until leeks are tender
- Add the cooked lentils, season, stir & set aside

- Cut the halloumi into six slices, then cut each diagonally to make 12 triangles. Fry in a non-stick frying pan in fry Light, turning occasionally, until lightly brown on both sides. Sprinkle with mint and set aside on kitchen paper

- Wipe the inside of the rings with oil (and/or line & Fry Light the ramekins)
- Line each ring/ramekin with 2 leaves chard/spring greens leaving enough hanging over to seal the top
- Put 3 slices of tomato in the bottom, followed by: a spoon of lentil mix; then 3 triangles halloumi; then another spoon of lentil mix; then 3 slices of tomato.
- Finally seal the top into a parcel with the overhanging chard/greens. Cover, wright down with something heavy and store in the fridge for 30min or until ready to eat

Next make the butter: (you can omit this if you want, I thought they were yummy without)
- Melt half the butter on a low heat, add the fennel & saute for 5min
- Meanwhile mix the other half of the butter with the zests, juices & chives
- When the fennel is done add the zesty butter, season, mix well & set aside

When you're ready to eat preheat the oven to 200C/Gas 6 and cook the timbales for 15min until browning round the edges
Turn the timbales onto plates so they are sealed ide down, leave them for a minute and then slide the ring off.

Serve with veggies and drizzle over the citrus butter. I served mine with samphire, new potatoes & asparagus.

As ever, go and get the book as this guy is A-MAZ-ING :drool:

Wow they look amazing!

Monday 25th June Green

Breakfast: Coffee 1 HEXA
Lunch: None
Tea: Pumpkin soup with spicy croutons 1 HEXB for bread, 1 syn for wine
Snacks: Snap peas, baby corn, tomatoes, Quorn slices

Pumpkin soup again. Not so good this time, used different chickpeas which were a bit tough and didn't dry my croutons enough so they went soggy :(

7446652672_dc62305ffd_o.jpg

Your food and photos but my meals to shame.

I'm not vegetarian but I have many green days! So I'm for sure going to try be more adventurous! Make the time to cook tasty meals!

Anyway too work! It's looking great!

Nic do you syn your stock in your soup? I keep putting 1 syn when I have a bowl but I have found across the boards that no-one else seems to do it. What do you think? I know we are supposed to do.

If you do decide to do an order with GD this is a voucher code worth £10 off until the 30th June. 32234BN2 just enter it at checkout. Spend over £35 x

Vegan*4*Life said:
Nic do you syn your stock in your soup? I keep putting 1 syn when I have a bowl but I have found across the boards that no-one else seems to do it. What do you think? I know we are supposed to do.

I thought stock cubes were free? :s

Stock is always free AFAIK. I use Kallo veggie stock cubes and they're definitely free. Im not sure there are any that aren't, maybe I suppose if they had a lot of oil in or something but I've never noticed any. What ones do you use?

Here we go, under Free foods:
Stocks & concentrates:
Bouillon powder
Cubes
Liquid stock concentrate
Ready to use liquid stock
Vegetable purees (tomato, garlic, ginger - no oil)

If you do decide to do an order with GD this is a voucher code worth £10 off until the 30th June. 32234BN2 just enter it at checkout. Spend over £35 x

Ooooh you star! Fabtastic! :bighug: Wooooo off for a big shop now! :thankyou:

My Dennis Cotter book has just arrived! (You should be on commission Erm) I will not open it until I have done my exercises, I will not open it until I have done my exercises.... I will not.... I will...

Tuesday 26th June Green

Breakfast: Coffee & fruit 1 HEXA
Lunch: Cheese salad 1 HEXA for cheese, 1.5 syns for mustard
Tea: Chickpea, leek & rosemary soup with hot pepper salsa 2 syns for oil & wine
Snacks: Snap peas, baby corn, tomatoes, Quorn slices

First day Ive eaten properly in quite a few days

New one today, from Paradiso Seasons. Went down very well with the OH!

7453460148_8bfcbb2a4c_o.jpg

Aaaand finally it's official:

7453472762_e84e334e84_o.jpg
:woohoo:

Id put on about half a stone by the time I got back but its all gone again so Im a STS this week, water retention from the vino I guess.

Right, positive thinking is the goal for today :cool:

I don't think I've ever ever ever known anyone to lose that amount of weight. To do it on your own is even more amazing - have you ever been to a group?

I take my hat off to you Nic. Astounding. xx

Back