Erm's Photo Diary

Wednesday 04th July Green

Breakfast: Coffee & fruit 1 HEXA
Lunch: Leftover green curry
Tea: Baked pumpkin, cashew & yoghurt curry 1 HEXB for cashews
Snacks: Quorn slices, cocoa & cinnamon kale chips 8 syns, 3 Babybel light 1 HEXA

Oh and then I really really really fancied a glass of wine as Id had a bad day but I forced myself not to even though it was there... and instead ate seventeen frickin biscuits that were hanging around waiting for me to make a cheesecake :banghead: 48 freakin syns :mad: Still, at least I didnt eat the whole of both packets :sigh:

I was expecting the yoghurt to split as I used fat free and no cream, so I didnt mind how it looked but it also tasted pretty bland. :( Filled a hole but wont bother again :(

7507251008_78e2d4ef4b_o.jpg

Well done ermintrude on you amazing weightloss! :0clapper:

I am on day 4 of slimming world and so far so good. :party0049:

Your food diary looks so yummy! Will defo be trying out some of your delicious dishes! :)

I get mine in Tesco and in Waitrose, the Lovelife and Ingredients (??) versions, you get a 3-500g pack for between £1-£2. It does swell up hugely (although not as big as normal cous cous), so you dont need all that much, I use about 150g and mix it in with chopped veg like squash, so one packet will make about 3 meals. Dont get the ready-cooked stuff or the expensive branded stuff. You can probably get it in a health food shop if they havent got it in your supermarket, although they are generally more expensive obviously.

Here's the Waitrose version, 300g for 1.89, so about 2-3 meals worth: Waitrose couscous.

Cant find the Tesco one at the mo, seems to have been replaced by Merchant Gourmet at the minute :(

Now I'm really confused... if it's giant cous cous shouldn't it swell up more than the usual stuff?

Ahhhh got some of the same in sainsburys a third cheaper :) also polenta so im looking forward to trying the slices athough I wuth have to sub the cheese?

Now I'm really confused... if it's giant cous cous shouldn't it swell up more than the usual stuff?

Um, no, because it's already bigger to start with :confused: The surface area to volume ratio is less because it is bigger; so there is less entry-area for the water to go into. It still swells up, of course, but, say, normal cous cous is occupying 10x of space and after soaking I find it occupies about 30x of space? Well if giant couscous is occupying 10x of space it might only occupy 1.5x of space. (total guesstimates on my part but you get the idea)

It does still swell up, but it takes up less water in the same amount of time as normal cous cous does as it has less surface to soak it into in relation to its weight.

/geekmode :eek: :cool:

Ahhhh got some of the same in sainsburys a third cheaper :) also polenta so im looking forward to trying the slices athough I wuth have to sub the cheese?

Yeah I dont know anything about vegan cheese (except that it doesn't get great reviews :8855: ) I did look at a few in the health shop I found on the bus yesterday and sooooo neeeearly bought one, but the Parmesan hanging out in my fridge dissuaded me :eek: (dont tell V4L that if you see her, she will have me guts for garters, animal or not :eek: )

Thursday 05th July Green

Lunch: Box of beetroot, box of M&S nutty salad 6 syns (This stuff is NOM! :drool: )
Tea: Went for a last-minute throw-it-all-together picnic cos it was sunny :) So eggs, salad, Quorn slices, Quorn sausages 5 syns, spicy hummus, carrots. Half a bottle of fizzy rose 14 syns
Snacks: None

No piccies as it was a last minute thing :)

ermintrude said:
Yeah I dont know anything about vegan cheese (except that it doesn't get great reviews :8855: ) I did look at a few in the health shop I found on the bus yesterday and sooooo neeeearly bought one, but the Parmesan hanging out in my fridge dissuaded me :eek: (dont tell V4L that if you see her, she will have me guts for garters, animal or not :eek: )

Ha ha Ooohhhh I won't tell her ;) she recommended if any red wood pepper jack one, I only tried a tesco one it was so bad I had to chuck it in the bin and I throw nothing away usually :/ I'm going to have a go adding nutriunal yeast as its used for cheese sauces and stuff.. Can but try :)

Don't do it :yuk:my vegan will only eat the one with chillies in it because it tastes of something more than putty and it has the same texture. When he leaves it in the fridge it stays there as my cheese loving OH will not touch it.

There is a spread one with garlic in it which is ok.

ermintrude said:
Wednesday 04th July Green

Lunch: Leftover green curry
Tea: Baked pumpkin, cashew & yoghurt curry 1 HEXB for cashews
Snacks: Quorn slices, cocoa & cinnamon kale chips 8 syns, 3 Babybel light 1 HEXA

Oh and then I really really really fancied a glass of wine as Id had a bad day but I forced myself not to even though it was there... and instead ate seventeen frickin biscuits that were hanging around waiting for me to make a cheesecake :banghead: 48 freakin syns :mad: Still, at least I didnt eat the whole of both packets :sigh:

I was expecting the yoghurt to split as I used fat free and no cream, so I didnt mind how it looked but it also tasted pretty bland. :( Filled a hole but wont bother again :(

Ah sweetie we've all been there. A pack of oreos slips down like butter.....naughty biscuits. You've done so well its just one day and 48syns for 17 biscuits isn't bad. At least you synned them.Xxx

I have a feeling V4L has been banned as a member on here for some reason- no idea why though.

Nic, you are doing brill but you must update your atavar!

Lucia Lucia said:
I have a feeling V4L has been banned as a member on here for some reason- no idea why though.

Nic, you are doing brill but you must update your atavar!

Yes we know she has been banned

sorry, I didnt realise, no offence was ment in any way shape or form.

Lucia Lucia said:
sorry, I didnt realise, no offence was ment in any way shape or form.

Lol sorry I was just saying 'yes' she def has :/ I wasn't been off :)

Shirleen said:
Now I need to know why!

Can't talk about it in here if you inbox nic or me can let you know :) don't want anybody else being deleted :(

Shirleen said:
Now I need to know why!

Sheizen me too hope all is ok.

Erm, any must try vege recpies I need to try. All your food looks wonderful and I can never pick. I need to add some variety. Thanks in advance.

And yes new profile pic, you must be unrecognizable now. :)

Keldelacoe said:
Can't talk about it in here if you inbox nic or me can let you know :) don't want anybody else being deleted :(

Oh thanks I've been updated! Funny ole world! Xxx

Shirleen said:
Oh thanks I've been updated! Funny ole world! Xxx

Lol indeed x

Sheizen me too hope all is ok.

Erm, any must try vege recpies I need to try. All your food looks wonderful and I can never pick. I need to add some variety. Thanks in advance.

And yes new profile pic, you must be unrecognizable now. :)

Ooh I dunno, I really like the spicy couscous salad, nice easy one, first time I did it with all the pomegrnate seeds & walnuts and that but after that I just did the superfree version, yum yum :)

7460312298_922c0bf378_o.jpg
7379324102_d2bd74e6c5_o.jpg

The Ottolenghi za'atar squash with tahini was lush too, made that several times:

7281086938_b9c5012586_o.jpg

Ooh and my roast veg & pasta salad was good and really easy, that had prosciutto in but you could easily omit it, it wasn't necessary:

7186170889_c8751635a4_o.jpg

This is my fave soup at the mo, pumpkin with spicy croutons:

7400698448_dda03aed2f_o.jpg

Oh and this soup was LUSH, but maybe better as a starter as its not lumpy so doesnt fill you up loads:

7501517160_e0df315228_o.jpg

The Isa Chandra Rancheros were not bad for a quick and easy mid-weeker:

7478758300_d81d60dd12_o.jpg

Stuff off the BBQ I liked that could be adjusted a bit:

Halloumi kebab:
7478628098_e58e03f86d_o.jpg

Tofu, shallot & sweet potato kebab:
7478621148_e08d67c083_o.jpg

And parmesan & chilli polenta cakes:
7478626814_70304236a5_o.jpg

Let me know which ones you want the recipe for if you're interested in any :)

Back