Errrm yeah...thanks?!?

Yvonne1989

Needs to stop eating!!
Little bit of background....I was on xenical from feb-may, I lost maybe 2lbs (wooo...not!!) I saw a different doc and she was really nice and took me off xenical because i wasnt loosing weight and referred me to a dietician, the appt took 5/6 weeks to come through. During that time I got fed up and decided to do CD....finally saw the dietician on Thursday, I was looking forward to the appt as I could have used some of the tips for when I come off CD. So got into appt...she asked me what type of foods I eat...I honestly told her....then I told her "yes I know what my problem is I eat too much and all the wrong foods" she says "Yes its true atleast you realise your problem makes my job easier" Then I told her I was on CD (should have seen her face hehehehe) she did the whole "its unhealthy blah blah blah" talk...I replied "Well im doing it so nerrr"(lol) she then hands me some leaflets on healthy eating, read them to me :rolleyes: then said ok come back in 3months.
I mean come on..what a waste of time, Im just so glad i saw the light which is CD before. So errrm yeah thanks?!? Lol.

good for you hun!
and you can make her eat her words when you go back in 3 months being 3 stone or more lighter!
x

I had pretty much the same thing when i went to see my dietician. Total waste of time and i'm really not sure how they help people because all they do it tell us what we know already and ask us to come back in a few months. I mean where is the knowledge' full solution to the problem, from someone that's trained to offer just that ? My doctor is more of a dietician tbh and she is happy to see me every month where as the dietician couldn't even offer that, so much can happen in 3 months.

Well done for your losses so far hun, looks like your doing great. Who needs dieticians, NOT US !!! we have CD !!! :D

Just a thought but i bet for that one session it cost the nhs the same amount as a weeks worth of CD and CD is a much better/faster way of dealing with a weight issue.

can you imagine how you would feel now if you hadnt decided on CD??? this is why i never went through the diet pre CD....no bloody point, i know i'm fat cos i eat too much crap, i dont need someone who's done 7 years at medical school to tell me that!

What a waste of time. Your doing great well done, i bet you can wait for your next appointment so you can show her lol

Seems to be a pattern here, I had exactly the same experience with my dietician. Nice lady, just didn't tell me anything I already didn't know... There is a *big* difference between theory and practice.

Same experience here except I got given a leaflet for the "weetabix diet".I really don't see the point of dieticians.

Grrr this really makes me angry. Did she really READ the leaflets to you? Makes my blood boil. How dare people (for 'people' read 'medical professionals') assume that because we are overweight we are therefore terminally stupid?? Do they really think we don't know that garbage in=garbage out and that eating less and moving more is a good idea?

I have before now verbally roped and tied my 'nurse' at the practice who decided to tell me (at about 30 years of age) that fruit and veg were good for me and that chocolate wasn't. I reacted badly, granted, and I can never see that nurse again....but I told her that I was a hell of a lot better educated than her thank you very much and didn't need speaking to like I was a retard just because I had a weight probleml. Then I told her to look to herself - she must have been 20 stone herself.

GRRRRRR......<steps off soapbox>

Yeah she actually did read it to me and do the whole following the lines with her finger! I have been told by the nurse before to basically starve myself :eek: and I will DEFINATELY loose weight...hmmm yes I will but then I might perish also lol. I am so grateful for CD.
If I do decide to turn up to my next appointment, yes I will definately laugh in her face lol and maybe throw some chips in it too..... :p

Dietitians eh! I saw one when I was having stomach pains and ibs type symptoms, it was thought that I was lactose intolerent so the dietitian told me about some products that were available in her native america, she wasn't sure if you could get them here and couldn't offer any alternatives or a solution, bloody waste of time!!!

We all know that cd is fabby, pity the so called professionals don't agree!!!

(sticks fingers up at stoopid medical professionals who don't know what they are talking about) :)

Apologies to any nurses or doctors here. I dont' mean you, obviously. Just the stoooopid ones.

Yeah she actually did read it to me and do the whole following the lines with her finger! I have been told by the nurse before to basically starve myself :eek: and I will DEFINATELY loose weight...hmmm yes I will but then I might perish also lol. I am so grateful for CD.
If I do decide to turn up to my next appointment, yes I will definately laugh in her face lol and maybe throw some chips in it too..... :p

Or maybe ask for a Janet and John guide, as you found you couldn't read it on your own without her to read it out loud to you.

Jeeeeez. still angry on your behalf!

I hope you told her about the poor woman that died recently from going on a starvation diet?

Ok, I think I'm going to have the slightly unpopular opinion here but, here goes anyway!

What exactly was she meant to do? You're doing a diet that involves no food, so she can't really do a lot can she. She can't go through your eating and come up with a healthy eating plan, because you've cut out all food. In 3 months when you go back, if you're not doing CD then, I'm sure she can be more help.

I understand the wanting advice for after. But at the end of the day the job of a dietician and nutritionist is to analyse your current eating habits etc. and help you put together a plan to make that better. So if your diet now involves no food, there's not really any way that they can help. At the moment.

So, in my opinion, if you're doing CD and want that help, I'd try and get it when you're closer to finishing the diet. I think you're more likely to find that they're helpful then!

Ok, I think I'm going to have the slightly unpopular opinion here but, here goes anyway!

What exactly was she meant to do? You're doing a diet that involves no food, so she can't really do a lot can she. She can't go through your eating and come up with a healthy eating plan, because you've cut out all food. In 3 months when you go back, if you're not doing CD then, I'm sure she can be more help.

I understand the wanting advice for after. But at the end of the day the job of a dietician and nutritionist is to analyse your current eating habits etc. and help you put together a plan to make that better. So if your diet now involves no food, there's not really any way that they can help. At the moment.

So, in my opinion, if you're doing CD and want that help, I'd try and get it when you're closer to finishing the diet. I think you're more likely to find that they're helpful then!

Ah see but I didnt mention CD until after she asked what I ate,so the appt lasted about 20mins and I mentioned it at about 15mins into the appt :)

I do love a good old debate. :) Student nurse here...also Cambridge diet and LL veteran.

For me, what's most annoying is ranting at people about CD etc etc when they're not read up.

Cambridge has been tried and tested for over 20 years. It complies with NICE guidelines...in some places there are actually PCT's that refer people to CD. They LIKE this diet.

It's in doctors surgeries...there are PriSec Counsellors (Primary and Secondary Care, CDC's) who have people referred to them by doctors and also self referring patients.

It's strange how taboo it still is in common diet land...

Back