Ess3X Girly - last chance to loose - Diary

so today - lets see - egg & bacon mayo for brekkie - then I cooked the most gorgeous ribeye with bone in joint! It smelled lovely while cooking and all that cripsy fat mmmmmm.
So tried to make the swiss roll - EPIC fail! ha ha! I have now ordered myself a flat baking tray from lakeland so I can give it another go.
Had a bit of beef for lunch delish!
Now in the oven is a massive vegetable bake (leeks, cauli & broccoli - covered in the cheese sauce recipe on here made a bit thinner with a bit of water, going to portion it up once its cooked so I can have a small bit with my dinners in the week and then I know I am getting my veggies and not having too many of them in one hit.
2.5 (750ml) bottles of water down - 1.5 to go (I have started labeling them so I know I have had enough), oh and one black coffee with a dollop of whipped cream on top.
So looks like an okay day - just deciding what I am going to have with my veggie bake when it comes out the oven - maybe some more beef or some turkey rashers.
I have avoid the pork scratchings today as I think I was eating too many of them opps! Oh and I think that the pepperami's may have contributed to me stalling a bit along with the mimis, so I have avoided them for the past two days - think I was carb overloading!

Very focused again now - and it has been hard as I had a dozen large cupcakes delivered yesterday as we are going to visit my Aunt tomorrow for her birthday (Dawn on here made them) and they look delish - the OH has eaten one (in front of me!!!! - the cheek!) but I have resisted which is a big achievement as they are the only sweet thing that I used to not be able to pass by lol!

Onwards and downwards!

Hope you all have a great Bank Holiday weekend !

Morning and belated congrats on the 8lbs!!! That's amazing! And well done for resisting the cakes - you're 'in the zone'... !! Xx

Well done for saying no to the cakes - but with all that lovely cooking you've been doing, you have lots of much nicer stuff to look forward to :)

That veggie bake sounds fab, I always have things like leeks in the fridge and am never sure how to use them up - can you provide step by step instructions? :)

Susie- I love leeks just roasted in butter - delicious! Would love to hear the veggie bake recipe too though.

I made Swiss roll this morning too - my version of the recipe is under 'moonlights meals' in the recipe section. What went wrong with yours?

Welcome and well done on the loss:)

Thanks guys. Well Susie - its was so simple, I chopped half a cauli half broccoli and then 4 leeks placed them all in dish, then with the sauce in a pan I melted a knob of garlic butter (but could use normal), then added a tub of seriously strong cheddar spread and a little of the chili one, a handful of grated cheddar melted it all added a glug (sorry I dont measure) of double cream and once it was melted added in some water to make it thinner, poured over the veggies (all still raw) and cooked in the oven until the cauli was soft (I think it was about 40 mins on gas mark 5) but I kept checking to make sure it didnt burn - oh and I added a bit of extra cheese on top, then I portioned it into ziplock bags so I can warm in microwave - and it was delish!

So today I had a mammoth brekkie - two fried eggs, two rashers of bacon, half a rump steak (had been in the fridge and didnt want to waste it!), two Debbie and Andrews sausages and some fried mushrooms, then we went out to visit my Aunt in Crawley Downs (traffic nightmare on the way!) had nothing but half a packet of scratchings, two black coffees and two bottles of water - so am now irrationally hungry (been snappy with OH opps!) so he is having a chinese so I have ordered half crispy duck and told them no accompaniments just the duck (if the other stuff comes will find it hard to resist!) so going to have that with another portion of my cheesy bake oh I and need two more bottles of water down me before bed!

I know I said I wouldnt get on the scales but I did (I think I need to hide them or get the OH to hide them until friday) but I was down 2lbs this morning yay!

I think tomorrow is going to be a lazy movie day for me and OH so not sure what we are going to eat yet but have lots of yummy stuff in freezer now, hopefully my ketostix will arrive this week so I can check up on that - but based on the way I have felt today I am sure I am in it lol!

oh as for the swiss roll it was completely my fault! I didnt have a flat baking tray so I thought I would be clever and bake a thicker one in a loaf tin! Yup don't try that at home!
The top was really nice but the bottom was like fluffy scrambled egg ha ha! Once the new tray arrives I will give it another go.

Thanks so much for the veggie recipe, I am going to try that this week!

Might have a stab at working out the carb content, if I can summon the brain energy to do it on MFP! :D

ladyfelsham said:
Might have a stab at working out the carb content, if I can summon the brain energy to do it on MFP! :D

I can't keep myself off mfp.

For:

300g cauliflower
200g broccoli
300g leeks
1 tub seriously strong spreadable
50mls double cream

919 calories
25g carbs

So portioned into 5 for the week:

184 calories
5g carbs

Plus a little extra for any added grated cheese. Good recipe!

Thanks ML - may have to sign up for MFL x

Well working day today - always find it harder to drink the water when at work, dunno why? So trying to get two more bottles down me before bed - I have noticed it is the key to weight loss! Another 2lbs off this morning! So that's 4lb this week - and yes I know I NEED TO HIDE THE SCALE!

Well done on the water, hun - but yes do hide your scales, I know it's so tempting - but try to just do it once a week :)

How have you been doing over the last week? Have you had much of a loss?x

First week I lost 8lbs so was very chuffed with that especially as I had never done a diet like this - so far this week I have lost another 4lbs (but did put a lb on first day after weigh in) so total of 11lbs so far - got until Friday morning for official weigh in so fingers crossed I can take off at least another lb.

Got my ketostix today - went really pale purple - so not as dark as I hoped but I had just eaten so I am going to do it again in the morning and then measure it for the next few days in the mornings (I want to see DARK DARK DARK lol).

Gotta make sure I stop off at mini tesco on the way to work tomorrow to pick up lunch as been a bit un-organised this week with lunches, but for dinner had the last of my veggie bake with a nice lamb steak including the fat lol!

Quickie question - where is the best place to get a ticker for the signature ?

Found one lol!

Just a note about the ketostix - once you're in ketosis you're sorted, you don't need to get to the really dark colors and if you do you might be a little bit dehydrated. One of the lighter colors is just fine, you won't be losing better because it's darker.

And secondly, 11lbs in 2 weeks??? Get you, that's amazing!!

Back