Essential beauty products - What are your bathroom must haves?

Liz Earle cleanse & polish
Body shop hemp hand cream or l'occitane
Bare minerals makeup
Moisturiser (not found my favourite yet, using up several from various sets right now)
Urban decay naked eyeshadow palette & primer potion.

On a using up mission right now because I'm a bit of a product junkie!

Done well this week, used up a mascara, Molton brown shower gel, simple moisturiser, bare minerals foundation & lipgloss. Lots left to go at!

Ooh this is my sort of question!

For reference, I'm 26 so don't have any particular anti ageing needs yet and have normal, clear,
skin with very rare spots and blemishes, ginger hair and blue eyes.

For facial skincare i swear by my Liz Earle cleanse & Polish, Instant Boost Skin Tonic and Skin Repair Moisturiser for normal/combination skin.

Body Skincare faves are my Weleda Pomegranate Body Oil and Palmers aha/bha moisturiser.

Makeup wise I love my Maxfactor Masterpiece waterproof mascara, Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadow in Birthday Suit, Mac Teddy eyeliner and Soap & Glory Sexy Mother Pucker lip gloss.

Hair stuff I love has to included GHD's. Also my Aveda Curl Enhancer for days when I want to embrace the natural curl/waves I have.

Ooooh I work part time for Boots and theres rarely a day goes past that I don't come home with something!

I love all Estee Lauder makeup, urban decay eyeshadow, mark hill hair products (including a great hairdrier!), I do have to sort out something for body moisturising. I got a very cheap BodyShop butter which is lovely smelling and very nice!

Hiya all,

I'm relatively new to this site and I have enjoyed reading this thread! I too am a massive beauty hoarder, addicted to buying all things to do with beauty!! I much prefer buying toiletries to buying clothes, mainly because trying to buy clothes is depressing! (When they don't fit/look good I mean). Hopefully that will change soon.

For me the beauty products I can't live without:

Tweezers! Eyelash Curlers!

Rimmel Exaggerate Liquid Eyeliner in Black - A real daily essential for me!

Johnson & Johnson's Aloe Vera Body Oil - it's brilliant and my skin absorbs straight away after a bath/shower, I don't even towel dry, and it locks in the moisture. It's so cheap I don't fret about using generous amounts as well. Love it!

Elizabeth Ardern's Eight Hour Creme - a classic old school essential. Its versatile in its usage but I tend to use it as my lip creme, keeps them soft and hydrated. If I get patches of dry skin I will dab this on too, like my elbows!

L'Occitane Rose Hydrating Face Mist/ Chanel Beauté Initiale Facial Spray /The Body Shop Vit C Energising Face Spritz - I am an absolute sucker for facial sprays, I am constantly trying new ones, the 3 I mentioned above are 3 completely different budget ranges but all pretty good. I'm not too fussed on the toner that I use but after toning I always spritz which makes skin supple then moisturise which locks in the spritz moisture.

Avéne Sunscreen Spay Factor 50+ - I love this stuff and for 9 months of the year I wear it every day without fail on my face, neck, hands and when outdoors on my body too. Since my late 20's I've become very conscience of my skin after seeing women my age look totally hagged from a combination of sun damage, smoking and alcohol. Best thing is to prevent and this spray blends in quickly.

L'Oreal Exfotonic Body Scub - I have a feeling this scrub has stopped being produced recently because it seems to get harder and harder to get hold of but I have sworn by this hard scrub since 2002. It smells gorgeous and after a good scrub my skin is super duper smooth and it doesn't leave that "sticky" after taste like some other scrubs do.

Maybelline Mineral Powder in Mineral Rose - This is my preferred foundation of choice, the loose powder types like bareMinerals. I find proper liquid foundations clog up my already oily skin and don't let my skin breathe and after a few hours make my face look really shiny with oil. Atleast the powder type soaks up the oil and keeps my skin dry.

Weleda Birch Cellulite Oil - OMG smells amazing and works wonders. I would definitely recommend it to those with partners who would happily oblige to massaging the back of your cellulitey thighs to stimulate the fat cells and improving the circulation. In my house match of the day time = massage time so he can massage me while he watches the footie!

So many more items I love but I will stop here... It has been a pleasure writing about beauty products distracting me from my hunger pangs (day 6).

But I must admit now I feel an urgent need to get myself into LUSH (Bath bombs and Therapy Massage Bar on my shopping list!) And explore this Starflower Oil, Microplane foot file £25 and 100% Pure Sweet Almond Oil.

BTW Bodyshop online are doing a promotion, if you enter code "SUMMER" with various levels of discount, best one is get £90 worth of product for £45 so effectively its 50% off. I did that and bought lots of SPA massage oils, Seaweed Ionic Clay Mask and Morrocan Rose perfume, LOVE!

Chika said:
Ok so I'll go first. The one thing I never leave my house without is Carmex lip balm. Its a miracle in a pot, if your lips are chapped it fixes that and it gives you a nice gloss without being gloopy.

My next essential is Elizabeth Arden's ceramide time complex capsules. These look bizzare but when you open them up they contain a face lift in liquid form. Nothing stops me looking rough like these things!

This reminded me of when I worked in a department store years ago, one of the ladies on the Arden counter was telling me that a little old lady had come in to complain about the capsules she'd bought (I think it was the same ones you mention above) - after a strange conversation with the old lady which was a bit baffling for the Arden consultant, it finally transpired that the old lady had misunderstood how to use the capsules, and instead of putting the contents on her face, she had used them as a pessary (ie inserted them up her rear end!) - it had my friend struggling not to burst out laughing at the little old lady who clearly hadn't read the instructions. Sorry couldn't resist sharing this as it brought back memories !

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Dermalogica special cleansing gel is a must for me - really light and doesn't irritate my skin

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Ooh i like this post! :)

Nailtiques products are fantastic! Bit on the expensive side at about £11 for a little bottle but believe me it is worth it! My nails are weak and prone to splitting and flaking. This stuff has improved them 100%. Can also get them for other nail problems - i would say visit a salon first time 2 c which type u need.

Can anyone recommend a good deep conditioner for bleached blonde hair? To stop me getting scarecrow hair!!! Lol.

Also, my mum suffers with very dry hands - to the point that they crack and bleed!! Ouch! She always uses rubber gloves and has also been using a body scrub on them daily. She is constantly applying hand cream. Nothing seems to help them. They do clear up when shes on holiday in the sun though. If any body has any suggestions on what she could do (other than moving abroad lol) that would be great?

Thanx
Xx

Hi Have you tried the Avon leave in conditioners they are great for my hair its bleached blonde too. Also you mentioned about your mums hands this might sound odd, but when my skin on my face was very dry and sore ,almost raw I got a capsule of Evening Primrose Oil and stuck a pin in it and applied it to my face and within a few days it was gone .A pharmaist told me to do this and ever since if I have any dry sore skin anywhere I use it and it works!! Maybe if she tried it at bedtime so it gets allnight to work thats what I did.

This is my kind of thread !!!

I love the following.........

Dove Soap
Palmolive Milk and Honey shower gel
Any kind of body scrub ( love Sanctuary)
Bio oil - doesn't get rid of stretch marks but I tell mysef that it make my skin look better - cheapest I have found is on Amazon
Simple face cream
Perfect and Protect No7 serum, day and night cream - When I can afford it !!!
Aapril Face scrub - was 1.99 in Tesco last week
Benefit bad gal mascara - Expensive but so worth it
Barbara Daly Facelift cream (Tesco), wear it under foundation is lush
Barbara Daly Concealer pen (cheaper version of Touche Eclait) I use this where needed instead of foundation
Barara Daly Darling lipstick - lovely colour
Collection 2000 Kohl pencil in Blonde - I have dark hair but this is plenty dark enough I pencil in gaps in my eyebrows and use as an eyeshadow also - it is a twisty type pen
Collection 2000 Bronzing powder in sunkissed - for a splash of colour
Maybelline fuschia pink nail varnish
Cocoa butter moisturising lotion, usually Tesco's but Palmers is better
Loreal summer body - this is a must as it does make you look better (the light sunkissed one)
Calvin Klein Euphoria perfume or Issey Myake
John Frieda liquid gloss shampoo and conditioner for brunettes
Charles Worthington Shine spray
TIGI superstar queen for a day thickening spray - applied to damp hair

I'm totally loving bare minerals make up.and have been swapping everything over to it. I've even had a complement from a stranger on my makeup. Really impressed and you cannot feel you are wearing anything!

I don't care so much about brands, but I won't travel without eyeliner. I've found that if I'm really in a rush then adding eyeliner, pulling back my hair and adding a pair of earrings makes me feel like I've done something with myself, and takes hardly any time at all. It's a great pick me up for if I don't have time to do a lot of makeup, but I want to boost my self esteem.

im in love with lush shower gel "its raining men"

such a gorogus scent! use it both as shower gel and a shampoo

I cant live without liz earle polish cleanser...its so worth the money, my skin is heaps better.

Love this!!
I'm a product junkie!... My faves include

Vaseline cocoa butter moisturiser
All urban decay eyeshadow pallets
Radox shower smoothies
Mac studio fix compact and fluid
Johnsons day and night moisturisers
Loreal elnitt hairspray
Benefit there real mascara
Penneys st moriz tan (a cheap as hell godsend!!)

To name a few!!

cant live without

liz earles polish cloth cleanser
dior forever foundation (holy grail)
optrex brightening eye drops
superdrug exfoliating gloves
new garnier gel moisuriser for body
loreal triple hydrate face cream (use it at night)
body shop rainforest radiance shampoo and conditioner (amazing stuff)

sure theres more will add when i remember x

E45 cream, St Ives Apricot Scrub, Soap & Glory Scrub Your Nose In It, Benefit Playsticks foundation, MAC eyeshadow in Satin Taupe

Back