Essential beauty products - What are your bathroom must haves?

Bio Oil!
I have recently discovered this; it's amazing.

& Loreal True Match minerals powder foundation is the best foundation.

Oooh, I'm so chuffed to have found this thread- I am such a cosmetics/toiletries fanatic!

OK, my current must-haves are:

Max Factor False Lash Effect Mascara- completely love it, gorgeous consistency, never clumps and the rubber brush is genius, despite my initial reservations.
YSL Touche Eclat- couldn't live without it, despite the price tag
Carmex Lip Balm- a bargain bit of genius
Ellnet Hairspray- the daddy of sprays.
PhytaOil- this is a new one I've recently found, and love it. It is basically an alternative to Bio Oil (I have nasty stretchmarks and problem skin on my arms), but without any chemical nasties (Bio OIl is petrochemical based). It's chocked full of vitamins (E especially is great for skin), and is based on Rosehips which are a bit of a wonder ingredient by all accounts. Also lovely lavender and things that make it smell nice. I put it in my bath, and also direct on my skin. It's much lighter than Bio Oil and absorbs beautifully. I love it and think it may actually be helping the stretch marks.

This will all change next week, I suspect! I can't help myself when it comes to shopping for cosmetics...

Vitamin E Oil which has worked miracles for my face and dry hands etc!

QUOTE]

Just spotted this, Morphine! This must be one of the good things about the Phytaoil!

I'm a Molton Brown girl, so Heavenly Gingerlily shower gel is a must!
Have also loved Lush since back when it first started, so I always have a selection of their bath bombs and bubble bars.
Lip balm is probs the one item I couldn't be without. I have them all round the house and in my car! La Mer lip balm is hard to beat, but I'm also loving Lush's new Ultrabalm too.
As for skincare, I'm a huge believer in exfoliation. Current faces are The Body Shop vit C retexturizing scrub and Clarins bamboo body scrub.
Bliss Steep clean is an amzing face mask!
Have recently started body-brushing and making sure I moisturise after every shower or bath. I have a few different body lotions on the go ranging from cheap to expensive, and have to say I am really loving the new Dove visible effects body lotion.
I try not to over-load my face with too much skin stuff. so it's mostly some Body Shop Vitamin E oil, Sarah Chapmans overnight facial or some moisturiser. Was using Armani's Crema nera as my skin used to be quite dry, but now it's gotten oily from having PCOS, so I am currently searching for a good moisturiser again!

Oooh, can I add some current make-up faves?! I change my mind all the time, but here goes!

Bourjois Healthy mix foundation-Was using MAC studio fix fluid for ages till I found out it was the casue of breakouts, switched to Dior sculpt which was amazing, but refused to stay on my face regardless of what powder I used to set it! This Bourjois one is great. It is fool-proof to apply,lasts all day and feels like nothing on your skin. The shades are great too for a milky-skinned girl like me!

Urban Decay eyeshadows-These are the best ever eyeshadows in my opinion. The pigment is hard to beat. They last forever and stay on amazingly well. I have most of the colours from the range, but my all-time faves are 'half-baked' and 'baked', which are pots of bronzed goodness!! I always get comments on theses whenever I'm wearing them.

NARS blushers-Highly pigmented and last all day. Current faves are 'Deep throat' (gorge pinky peach) and 'luster' which is a gorgeous tan type shade that can also double up as a bronzer.

NARS 'Laguna' bronzer-One of the best bronzers I've ever tried. Doesn't go orange.

Bobbi Brown-creamy concelaer. I don't really use concealer, but if I do, this is the daddy of them all!

Dior skinflash-Waaay better than Touche Eclat in my opinion.

Shu Uemura eyelash curlers-The best in the business!

Clinique high impact mascara-I like this for a quick daytime mascara.

MAC mineralize skinfinish-These give a great sheen to the skin without making it look oily or gritty. Absolutely fabulous!

Dior liglow-It's a gorgeous lipbalm with a pinky colour that gives your lips a lovely sheen without being sticky or gloopy. Can also be used over lipstick to freshen up the colour. I personally use it alone and it is wonderful!

Lipfusion plumping lipgloss. The best lip plumpers I've used, and feel gorgeous on lips. Not sticky at all.

The products I like are:
Pears soap - I like the smell for washing my hands
Face cream I like is - simple kind to skin night cream - has very little smell and soaks in easily.
I like body shop banana conditioner
Looking for a decent shampoo.
Looking for clear nail varnish with no bad chemicals etc.

Ohh super glad i found this thread i am a cosmetic/beauty fanatic!

As many said Lush..bath bombs so moisturising and gorgeous smelling my favourites are sex bomb, a new one which is called mrs whippy and the butterball one.

Foundation wise i am a fan of MAC both studio fix fluid and Studio Sculpt which a gel based foundation which stays on so well and is great on nights out. Both heavy coverage foundations. Estee Lauder double wear is also another good one. A cheaper version is revlon colourstay which comes in oily skin version or dry skin versions! Next on my list to try are Nars Sheer Glow and Chanel Pro Lumiere.

Bronzer- nars laguna x100 is amazing! amen. Matte and cannot make yourself orange. If shimmer is more your thing Mac i think its gold refined, or refined gold is a beaut.

Blusher- Illamasqua- Think its Katie is lovely pink toned. Mac Peachy Keen is another stunner ohhh and Illamasqua Throb is so pigmented and looks beautiful on.

Concealer- either bobbie brown creamy concealer, mac select cover up or collection 2000 one

Lips- Mac lipsticks amazing, my favourites i wear most often..viva la glam gaga perfect pale blue toned pink looks good with a tan or without. Mac myth or hue...beautiful nudes. Mac Russian Red lovely red lips. Cheaper ones are barry m 101 or gosh darling for the nudes. Lipgloss NARS turkish delight and Mac Florabundance.

Mascara- Maybelline the collosal vollum express

Few extra mentions-

Sleek makeup (found in superdrug) really cheap and good quality especially there eyeshadow sets. Kajal eyeliner is also a good product, and there gel eyeliners are good also.

Soap and Glory- Found in Boots, beautiful packaging and great products some special mentions are flake away, the righteous butter, hand foood and sexy mother pucker lip gloss.

Perfume- chanel coco mademoiselle, miss dior cherie, hugo boss orange one, alien theirry mugler.

Tbh i could ramble on all night, this is my obsession ha..i will stop here for now tho ;]

anything by Lush, i love their stuff!
the bathbombs make the water feel all soft somehow (how do they do that?!) and my skin feels nice afterwards
it all smells so lovely too, got some of the lip scrubs in bubblegum, they taste so good! its like eating a sweet, mmm! the snow fairy lip balm goes really well with the lip scrub too

Clinique redness solutions moisturiser - one of the few that doesn't make my ultra-reactive skin itch or break out - and the same range for foundation.

Molton Brown shower gel, currently using Sensual Hanaleni. Not a necessity but lasts ages and smells great.

Burts Bees Mama Bee belly butter - I'm using this on post-weightloss loose skin and though I don't expect it to do anything much it feels luxurious.

GHDs to get my hair under control.

It's Philosophy products for me.
Hope in a jar - Moisturiser
Purity - Make up remover and face wash
Hope in a Tube -Eye and Lip Cream

I'm never without these 3 and bulk buy if they are on special at QVC. It works for me. Im 46 and without a wrinkle.

Gotta ditto the bio oil! Great in the bath too...

Garnier 'green' face wipes when in a rush

MAC lipsticks in ALL colours ;) even the matte ones feel moisturised

Soap&Glory Firminator for the jiggly bits..

Home mix of jojoba oil and castor oil (alter the ratio depending on skin type) is AMAZING for problem face skin... steam your face, smear this on for as long as you like then wipe off with a flannel as hot as you can stand :D soft as a baby ;)

Scandalous Volumising Shampoo and Conditioner, only in Superdrug. Best shampoo I've ever used.

I've used really expensive products and really cheap ones. Some are worth spending money one and some aren't.

My fave body lotions are Palmer's Cocoa Butter and St Ives.

Fave cleanser is Avene Face wash and their tissue off cleanser for when I have shedloads of make up on!

Fave eye cream if Caudalie eye and lip contour cream.

Fave lip balm is Burt's Bees, with Carmex a close second. BB beats it only because it's minty!

Fave moisturiser Boots No 7 various ones including using the protect and perfect serum. Lush's skins shangri la is a very close second.

I'm sure there's loads of others, but I can't think of them at the moment!

Quoted myself because there's been a bit of a change. Caudalie discontinued their eye and lip contour cream. So I've changed to Boots Protect and Perfect Eye Cream :D. Moisturisers are Protect and Perfect Day and Night Creams.

Hiya Hun,

I gather you suffer from Facial redness do you? I just flush up all the time so I use the Clinique Green base, I love it!
Have you tried any other anti redness products that work? xx

Sorry to hijack, but I have rosacea and I've had really good results with Avene Anti-Rouge moisturiser and Diroseal treatment. If you feel like splashing out even more then Elemis Daily Redness Relief is a perfect base for make-up.

Only ever use Liz Earle products. Cleanse and polish and orange flower body wash along with all the superbalm items. Wouldnt be without them

Nails - Seche Vite quick dry top coat. This stuff is amazing - I couldn't be without it. Put it on top of your wet nail polish and it dries to a hard, super shiny, plasticy finish straight away so you don't have to faff around for ages waiting for them to dry. My favouritest product that I always rave about.

Foundation - Benefit Hello Flawless. With a good base and concealer this makes my skin flawless (funnily enough!). You can build it up so it covers everything or use it lightly to even out skin tone and look more natural.

Mascara - This was L'Oreal Volume Shocking. I have naturally long and curly lashes so need volume and this was amazing, there was a grey coat and a top coat and it made my lashes massive. Unfortunately it's been discontinued :cry:. Max Factor False Lash effect is the next best thing for gigantic lashes :D.

Blusher - MAC Creme blushers. Lovely and glowy.

Eyebrows - Rimmel Brow pencil. The best brow pencil I've ever used and only about £3.

Eyeliner - Maybelline Gel Liner. This comes in a little pot with a brush. It's the blackest eyeliner I've ever used and stays put for aggges.

Moisturiser - All of Oil of Olay... good value and they make my dry skin feel lovely.

Bath stuff - Anything by Sanctuary at Boots. The smell is amazing. I like Soap & Glory too, delicious smell but I don't like the packaging.

I could go on forever. Shutting up now. :rolleyes::D

I don't like seche vite. Makes myvarnish come off. Literally lifts off in one piece!

Uuum best beauty buys?? Clarins flash balm. That stuff is expensive but amazingly good at hiding the ten yrs I age when I'm hungover!!

Barry M nail effects :) soooo easy to do an looks like an hour in the nail bar! Just pop a contrasting colour on as a base, VERY quickly swipe over a thin coat of Barry M and it kinda cracks/splits :) my tip is to finish with a clear coat as the Barry M is a matt finish.

Aldi day moisturiser. This baby is £1.79 and better than all the pricey ones I've tried! It's really nourishing and keeps your skin supple all day.

Anything LUSH ever made.........

:)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back