Essential List

Daisy-Doo

Hi,

Newbie to SW, have read through my books, and am wanting to do my asda online order, but im so boring and tend to eat the same things all the time.
Looking for ideas...

what is on your essential//treat shopping lists?
Free or syn'd?

Hoping to try and use this site ALOT to help...

look forward to your replies....

thanks

I always make sure I have a selection of my fav fruit and veggies in (mushrooms, tomatoes, peppers, bagged salad, apples, bananas, frozen raspberries). I also like to buy bags of pre chopped frozen 'casserole vegetables' as I find they make very nice soups.

Carbs/grains:\ Pasta, couscous, jacket potatoes, sometimes quinoa

Protien: Chicken, smoked salmon (my little treat!), salmon fillets, quorn mince, quorn chicken-style pieces

Dairy: Fat free natural yogurt, fat free fruit yogurts (e.g., mullerlights) low fat cottage cheese, reduced fat chedder, Babybels

Tins: Baked beans, kidney beans, chopped tomatoes (go through loads of these!)

Treats: Alpen Lights or Aldi Harvest Moon 70 cal cereal bars (cheaper and nicer), Meringue nests (lovely crushed over raspberries and a muller light), Mikado (1/2 syn each)

Plus, I use lots of stock cubes and a large selection of herbs and spices.

Good luck!

I agree with @alwayssunshine I buy everything on her list , also make sure I get merangue nests in case I have a sweet attack 3 syns each topped with fruit and a yog lovely

Smoked salmon trimmings from big supermarkets are only 99p and make a good sandwich with quark spread on the bread and a bit of lemon juice and pepper.

Lidl's cottage cheese (Linessa) is only 44p a tub (free) and by far and away the best I've had from a supermarket.

Other good things I like to always keep in: Lemon juice, gherkins/pickled onions if you like them, tinned tomatoes, tinned kidney beans/chickpeas, tomato puree, Utterly Butterly or similar, diet lemonade, sugarfree squash, frozen peas, fatfree greek yogurt, cheapo stevia sweetener, vanilla essence (those last three make a muller light substitute for a fraction of the price), weetabix, soy sauce, sharwood's egg noodles, mug shots, cheapo instant mash powder (thicken sauces and soups with this free food instead of cornflour), lowfat cheese triangles, wafer-thin ham.

Good to keep chicken thighs and salmon fillets in the freezer too!

hi ya i just started slim world and i just wanted to know whetha on the extra easy plan can u have as many main meals a day as u want or do u have to stick to say 3 meals as i dont want to ova eat lol! thanx sheppie

You can eat however you like and as much as you like - just stick to the 15 syns a day and fill up on lots of free and superfree food, the rest is up to you!

Love the idea of fat free Greek yoghurt with vanilla essence. I don't like muller lights because of the after taste of sweeteners. Greek yog on its own can be a bit boring so adding vanilla essence might work for me.thanks Hungry Hippo :)))

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

I eat breakfast and a main meal at night , the rest of the day I eat little and often I find that works better for me, I usually save 5 syns for night while watching tv , as every advert seems to be about food lol

Sheppie - I think there is a thread about mug shots, not sure where though as I'm new to this. The cheesey ones have syns but not a huge number. Most are free. Have you registered with SW using your group card? When you do just use the "syns online" page and search for mug shots :)

Najtaek - Lidl's big tubs of yogurt are very cheap for fatfree too. Without sweetener they can be a bit sharp, paying the extra for the really posh vanilla essence is worth it if you can. I do like Truvia which is very close to real sugar taste, but it is expensive! I use the own-brand stevia powder from Tesco which is a lot cheaper, but it does taste a little artificial.

Babybel lights, pasta, lots of fruit and veg, fish, EL mince (it's amazing how many meals you can cook up with the stuff), FF yoghurts, Low fat or fat free cottage cheese (the pineapple or onion and chive ones are my fav.) Steak. Loads more i could list, it all depends on what you like really.

Mikado are amazing. half a syn each and they're perfect for a chocolate fix. :)

eggs! for omelettes, poached, hard boiled, soft boiled, stuffed etc. they have saved me so many times so definately and essential =]

Just did a shop today.
10 Chicken Breast Fillets
1.5lbs of Extra Lean Mince
Babybel lights (for inside burgers)
Low Low Grated cheese (for over chicken breasts)
Wholemeal Bread
Organic Eggs
Apples
Frylight
Classic BBQ seasoning
Tayto Snax (4 syns a bag)

Back