Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Evening all

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by beckythump, 12 February 2011 Social URL.

1. beckythump

beckythump Member

Start Weight:
    14st2lb
    Current Weight:
    13st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(5.56%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hello :)

I'm going to be starting Slimming World on 1st March (after pay day!). I used the plan a few years ago but stopped due to being impatient/eating rubbish/etc. I've used a few other plans since then but sadly have never shifted the weight once and for all. I went through a period of jumping from diet to diet and made myself rather poorly about 6 years ago. All fixed now though :)

The things that have motivated me to lose weight are:
    - seeing horrendous photos of myself on Facebook that others have tagged me in, meaning I have to un-tag myself 9 times out of 10!
    - being the singer in a band. It can get a bit hot under the lights and I feel like a fat sweaty girl trying to hide behind a guitar a lot of the time.
    - I'm on a roller derby team and want to 'up my game' if you will. Losing a few pounds will help me to become faster and more agile on my skates.

I do a lot of fundraising for my roller derby team and for others via roller skating. I've recently agreed to go on a 5k with some of my skating friends and need to get training as there's less than 2 months to go, but some pain in my Achilles tendon in my left leg is stopping me and it's pretty annoying :mad:

I'm a vegan so was heartened to read online that tofu and seitan are free foods - please correct me if I've been misinformed though.
    I also exercise a bit - roller derby training for 5-7 hours per week (depending on if there are 2 or 3 training sessions on in a week) and 2-3 visits to the gym per week as well.

Here's hoping that I remember patience is a virtue and shift the weight I want to.

x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. sigourney

sigourney Gold Member

Good luck on your journey :) x

4. sharkbait1983

sharkbait1983 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st7lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers Vintage Points
    hi beckythump and :welcome: to the forums! Everyone on here is great, very friendly and there is loads of support and advice available. My one tip - break down your weight loss into smaller, more manageable goals and celebrate when you reach each one! Not sure if you are aware but there is a forum on here dedicated to those of us following the SW diet - it might be worth you popping on there and introducing yourself.

Wishing you the very best of luck on your weight loss journey

5. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    Hi and welcome. Your starting date will soon be here

Irene xx

6. hannahpot

hannahpot Member

Roller derby sounds cool! I used to love skating when I was younger and exercise is so much easier when it's fun! I'd love to start skating again but hate the thought of the bruises... There's a lot more of me to fall nowadays LOL!

Good luck on your journey, I look forward to losing with you!

7. beckythump

beckythump Member

Start Weight:
    14st2lb
    Current Weight:
    13st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(5.56%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks for the welcomes :)

Hannahpot you should try it - bruises are badges of honour!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.