Ever Decreasing Katy

Well, ended up just running 6 miles, but that's ok...want to do 12 tomorrow.

Just having a post run snack of some fruit and cashew nuts with a nice big mug of tea!

KT Xx

Chickened out of a long run as the weather was so bad...did a weights session instead. Will do one tomorrow instead of boot camp.

Food today has been ok...pasta for lunch, jacket potato for dinner, lots of fruit. No syns yet...nothing I fancy!

About to go have a Sunday evening pamper...got to do something to take my mins off the fact that I don't want to go to work tomorrow! I've got 3 months left before I leave to go back to college...think its going to be a long 3 months though...

Long run done...not as long as I was going to do, only 9.5 miles not the 12 I was hoping for, but it was getting dark and the battery was running out on my mobile phone, and I use Map my Run App to record my routes, so used that as a (pretty lame) excuse to finish early!

KT Xx

Well done on your running. And the weightloss.x

Thanks muchly!

Struggling quite a lot today. Had a toasted teacake earlier...oops. I should really go for a run in a bit, but I am not really in the mood...I know it will make me feel better, its just getting out of the house!

Weigh in tomorrow, pretty sure I won't have lost anything...in fact I've probably put on.

Grrr, why does weight loss have to be so bloody hard!

KT Xx

Urgh, today was hard work. And I am really cross with myself for not going for a run tonight. I am feeling fat and my belly looks bloated...probably from the teacake, so I am not holding out much hope for a loss tomorrow.

I am going to definitely have a 100% week next week regardless of how I do tomorrow, feel I need to commit to it again.

I am currently in bed listening to the rain. I love that.

KT Xx

Back to basics this week. And I am also going to pull back on the amount of fruit I eat as I am sure that will have an impact.

Tomorrow looks like this:

Breakfast: porridge made with skimmed milk, (HEB, HEA) banana

Snack: carrot & celery sticks

Lunch: homemade (syn free) onion soup, 4 ryvita (HEB), fat free yogurt, apple

Snack: reduced fat cheddar chunks (HEA)

Dinner: pea and carrot pilaff, pear, fat free yogurt

Evening snack: apple, options hot chocolate (2 syns)

That should be a syn value of 2 for the day. I know that theoretically we should eat between 5 and 15 syns, but for me I find I need to stick to the lower end or I just put weight on.

Tomorrow evening I will do a weights session. I can't go for a run as I have a 10k race on Saturday, so I need to conserve energy. But weights should be ok . I am so determined to have a good week this week.

KT Xx

So far so good with back to basics. Except that I have already eaten my afternoon snack, so this afternoon could be long!

Still, going for for walk round the block in a minute, and that will be distracting. I am not actually hungry, I am just bored cos I don't much like my job!

KT Xx

Edit to add, also had an apple as a snack this afternoon and a mug shot this evening.

Last edited:
Quite pleased with today...managed to limit the fruit to a banana with breakfast, an apple mid morning, mid afternoon and after dinner and a pear when I got in from work. 5 pieces of fruit...is that too much? Will try to keep at 5 pieces a day, like this for a week and see if it helps on the scales next week.

KT Xx

Hi katy

Just been reading your post. I too have done the cambridge diet but put some of the weight i lost back on.

Do u find sw easier?

Hi there,

I found Cambridge diet really easy the first time I did it, which is when I lost loads of weight, but when I put a bit back on and tried again it didn't suit me any more. This is because I do loads more sport than I did, and CWP just didn't give me enough energy, even on the higher steps.

SW is, for me, more of a way of eating for life. I feel I could stay on SW for ever really. Which do you prefer?

I've just got home from running in a 10k race. A bit gutted as I didn't beat my pb. Finished in 56.46 mins. Really wanted to get more like 54.0 but never mind...half marathon next week and want to get a pb for that.

Food today:

Breakfast was porridge, 2 bananas and an energy bar. I'm not going to syn the energy bar, as I have done the 10k, which burnt off about 600 calories.

Lunch will be a syn free pistou, with a fat free yogurt

Dinner is onion soup, 4 ryvita, reduced fat cheese, fat free yogurt.

Snacks are carrots, celery, 2 apples and a pear over the course of the day.

That's all folks...

Just popping by to say goodluck! I really admire all your running, it's definately something I would like to take up pnce I decrease a little bit more. I'll be sure to keep reading :)

Thanks MissMunky!

I still find it totally amazing that I have got into running...this time last year I hadn't done a 5k, was planning on the race 4 life and wondered if I could do it...now I am easily running 10k, doing half marathons and planning on a full marathon next year....weird...doesn't seem right! I've spent most of my 36 years fat and unfit...

If I can do it, anyone can!

KT

I know alot of people say that it's surprising how quick you can take to running if you stick to it. I'm just a little too heavy at the minute and find it really uncomfortable. I took part in a 10k two years ago but I just walked it and I have a goal of being able to run one some day.

I've been swimming and walking, maybe this time next year I'll be in the same boat and easily running 10k :)

well done on the race and how well you have come on with your running ability> your weight loss looks a bit like how mine goes - last year I was doing WW and cycling over a hundred miles a week and still only lost about a pound a week.:mad: I am now trying to master the art of running and feel soo heavy, but I have been trying to do interval runnin with a minute walking in between, I actually managed 10 mins continuous at the end of my 24 mins this week - which I never thought I would manage. Is that how you increased it and any helpul tips??

Hi!

I tried to follow a program when I first started running which was walk and run alternating...like the couch to 5k program. But I didn't get on with it. So I just ran until I couldn't run any more, then tried to increase the time a little more each time till I could run about 20 mins, on a treadmill. Then I took myself outside and did loops of my estate, again gradually making them longer and longer!

I haven't tried doing faatlek training yet, or hills (I live in east anglia, so that's a bit tricky!) But I am going to start doing that after this next half marathon.

Good luck both of you, running is hard to start but once you can run for about 30 mins it gets easier!

Katyxx

Lovely walk today in a forest...about 7.5 miles I think.

Last night I had 10 syns (phillie choc pot, packet snack a jacks).

Today I have had a packet of quavers (5.5), and will probably have a phillie pot whilst watching silent witness tonight, so that will be another day at 10 syns...higher than a normally go for, but I have been quite active, so hopefully it won't mess things up too much.

Katyxx

Blimey, I'm knackered! Spent the day cleaning and cooking...

Puy Lentil and Spinach Soup...made enough for today lunch and for the next three days...and syn free...I adapted a recipe from Hugh Fearnly Whittingstall's Veg book. Yummy.

Then Roasted Veg lasagne, which is about 2 syns per serving, if you count the cheese as a HExA choice and is now dinner tonight and the next 3 nights!

I was supposed to be going for a run this afternoon but it I am so tired I think I will do weights later and go running tomorrow.

I have got the munchies though...I think this evening is going to be tough...I really want toast...!

KT Xx

Hi Katy,
I want to lose a stone to a stone and a half for June as well.
I think it's great you're doing all the running and I agree with you on your view on fruit.
I didn't have fruit for a long time cos on the different diets I was on previously, they always said fruit was evil (well, not in those exact words but you know what I mean lol)
So when I decided to go on SW I think I OD'd on fruit but I've calmed down a bit and reduced the amount of fruit I eat. Now I feel less bloated if that makes any sense.
Anyway keep going, you're doing really well :)

Thanks Aji, and good luck for your weight loss!

Tonight is tough. I am not hungry, but I am craving food. I have eaten quite a lot...mostly free. I've gone over slightly on syns.

Sigh...don't think I'm going to be losing this week.

KT Xx

Back