Ever Decreasing Katy

The weekend wasnt really as good as i had hoped for. I decided that as it was my last weekend before becoming a student again i would allow myself a few treats, forgetting for the umpteenth time that 'a few treats' so easily morphs into 'stuff your face'.

Oh well, back to it 100% this week - and much easier to do so now that i have some sort of structure to my day. In Uni 9am-4pm with an hour for lunch plus the oodles of reading in the evening and trying to maintain the training for the 10k and marathon means there isnt time to eat too much!! LOL, hoping that i didnt wreck it too much with the weekend and that i will lose this Saturday, cos Sunday is my birthday so there WILL be cake!!

Katy
xx

Feeling good at the moment. Stayed the same this weekend, but was happy with that as last weekend was my birthday and my best friend came to stay so we celebrated with lovely food and drink.

Am really committed to the running at the moment...did a 5 mile run today and am looking forward to doing more this week. I dont think i will be breaking any speed records on this forthcoming 10k but i should be able to do it at least. The last time that I did the training for a 10k i didnt manage to stick to the training programme, and i still managed to run the thing so this one should be better as so far i have done so 100%.

University is pretty mental, so I am quite pleased that i have been prepared enough to make a load of SW approved meals and freeze them, as without that i think it would be really easy to eat a load of rubbish!

Katy
xx

Oh my goodness me...what a disaster.

Uni is going well and i am sticking to the running schedule but dear oh dear oh dear...the eating has gone all to pot.

No idea what i weigh...been putting it off as i have been such a pig.

Back to it from Monday though...friend here for weekend so can't do anything till then...but next Monday...back to it...

KT
Xxx

Right, I am on track and on count down to xmas. Would really like to be 10.5 stone by then. Not really sure what i weigh now so am not sure whether that is achievable or not - will be weighing in on Friday morning so have a week or thereabouts to kick start it.

I have a 10k race tomorrow, and am then upping the training in preparation for the marathon next year. Want to be doing about 20 miles a week until xmas, then will start the full on training plan in the new year.

I had a bit of a light bulb moment yesterday when i realised that i haven't quite got past the need to self-medicate through food...I had been convincing myself that my binges and overeating was just a will-power thing, but it is more than that. I realise i have been quite stressed by the start of the new course - new friends, new town, new demands on time, so much at stake with the new course, the need to pass it, the demands of training to be a teacher - its only to be expected that i would be stressed by this. I think i did ok at the start and used the stress to my advantage with the running, but i think i then tipped over into the comfort eating - using food to take my mind off the stress. I'm a bit cross that i didn't notice this as i thought i had dealt with those sorts of demons - turns out they are still there lurking. But now that i have identified the ******* i can deal with them. Yes I am stressed - but i do not need to eat crap to deal with that stress.

Solutions to deal with the stress:

Go for a run
Do some weights
Make healthy food
Read a non-text book
Have a bath
Do some crochet

So, that is the deal - if i feel myself reaching for the choccy i need to do something else first.

Katy
xx

This isnt working for me...loads of weight on. I am returning to Cambridge Diet. Good luck everyone.

Katy

Back