Ever Decreasing Katy

Ach, it's all gone wrong AGAIN. Start again tomorrow...

Right...i need to get my mojo back. To do this i am going to revert to a meal replacement diet for a few weeks to kick start my mojo again. then i will come back to swimming world.

I shall be trying slimfast.

KT
Xxx

Starting a short blast of Slimfast before a weekend away. Will then do it again next week before another weekend away...

Xxx

Day 1.

*Shake for breakfast.
*Apple as snack 1
*Meal bar for lunch
*Slimfast pretzels as snack 2
*Jacket potato with laughing cow triangles and a mound of tabbouleh for dinner
*Slimfast snack bar as snack 3

Lots of water and black coffee...

Hi Kate! How's it going with you?

Today: so far so good...food is fine and i have just cycled into town and back which according to mapmyrun is 14km and about 400 calories...seems a bit high that but I'll take it!

Going to do a 5km run later...its a bit muggy at the moment so i am hoping it will cool down.

Had a bit of a wake up call in town...tried on some clothes and the size i would have bought a year ago when i was at target weight didn't fit me. I've only gone up one dress size but it made me realise that i really do want to get back down to 10 stone. And soon.

KT
Xxx

Day 2 of Slimfast.

I have a feeling that my 600calorie dinner is more than that! I had a jacket potato (250?), with some borlotti beans (150?), 3 laughing cow light triangles (75) and some tabbouleh (200?)

I don't have a reliable source of calorie values so most things are a bit of a guess!! Must get a book out the library on it...

I cycled to work and back...8 miles round trip, and i am about to go to BMF so that should be a fair amount of calories used up i think.

Not going to weigh in tomorrow ... Will see what i am next Thursday and take it from there.

KT
X

Ooh, thanks for reminding me about that...I have joined it but forget to use it. i have just put in my food and am about right!

Now just have to work out how to properly use it!

Xxx

Decided to weigh myself after all...

11:1.8 stone

so put a pound on...not as bad as i thought and gives me a platform to work from. I feel like i am constantly restarting and then stopping.

Must try harder...

KT
Xxx

Doing ok, i think.

Slimfast seems easy enough. I am going to do it for the rest of this week - then i go away for the weekend and when i get back i am going to go back to Slimming World - its a money thing. Its just cheaper not buying the branded products and living healthily.

Did a BMF session last night, plus cycled to work and back and went for a 60 minute walk at lunch. THats all gotta help..right?

I now have a month until i finish work. I want to look great at my leaving party so am going to have a final push and see where i end up.

KT
xx

Ok, so i am clearly not in the right frame of mind for weight loss at the moment. So here is the plan...

I am away this weekend visiting my brother. When i get back i am going to start again...using slimming world principles but basically just trying to eat healthy. I have sorted myself out another 10k run to work towards and i am going to try to beat my pb so the key thing will be to keep up the training.

Weight loss is still important to me...i want to get down to 10stone but i am finding that if i don't stick 100% to a diet plan I get disheartened and then go off on a binge. I need to learn how to just eat healthy all the time so weight loss isn't going to be my main goal.

KT
Xxx

Am currently at my brothers house for the weekend. He has lost an amazing 2 1/2 stone and looks fab...what incentive to do the same when i get back....can't have him getting skinnier than me!

Really looking forward to getting back to eating and exercising better...overdone it this weekend.

KT Xxx

Ok...here goes....time to lose the weight....

So...here is where i am at currently:

Havent weighed myself in ages. Am going to do so next Thursday morning and get back to weighing in regularly. Seeing my brother over the weekend has really made me realise that I DO want to lost that stone and a half and get back down to target weight.

I am going back to tried and tested Slimming World! I know it works for me, its just that it is slow - so I need to not get put off or disgruntled by the time it takes. It took a year for me to put the weight on, and it wont take a year (i hope) to get it off. I will be doing a spot of calorie counting as well - using SW principles for what to eat, just so that i make sure i dont end up bingeing on fruit - which i have a tendancy to do! I will be using MyFitnessPal for this - if any of you reading this are on there too and want to follow me, or want me to follow you to give you encouragement, just let me know. I dont really know how to use it, but i am sure i can find out!

So, this week i have been looking at trying to keep my calories at 1000 a day, AFTER exercise! And i have succeeded! Because i do quite a lot of exercise, i am actually eating way more than 1000 calories, which feels weird, but i guess if i am using them up then its ok.

I have only three weeks left at work now and am starting to think about how i will organise my day once i have started back at Uni. I am guessing that classes wont start until 9am, which is much later than work (i get in for 7.30-8am at the moment). So i reckon rather than just having a nice lie in every day, i should still get up at 6.30am and do some exercise before classes. I am getting an exercise bike so that i can do 40 mins or so in the morning before school.

Then, i think i have decided that i will try to get a charity place for the London 2013 marathon. All the normal places are gone now, so it will have to be a charity one - which is fine, i would prefer to run for charity i think any way. I know that unless i have a goal to run towards i am likely to stop running when Uni starts - what better goal than the London Marathon?!

Anyway, thats enough waffle from me - you can tell i am doing this on a computer and not my normal phone! LOL!!

Katy
xx

Wow Katy! look at all your plans!! I've just joined MFP too but im not sure how to work anything but the diary.

What course are you doing at Uni? My days at uni were so erratic, I think that contributed to my initial big weight gain!! Some days i would be in for 3 hours 12 - 3 some days i would be in 11 - 6:30 some times 9-5 it was just all over the place and made planning meals hard. Not that i planned much... i mostly just ate! haha

The London Marathon?! wow!! Are you already a runner? I can barely run a bath without getting out of breath! haha

Hope you have a good day x

Hi Kate!

I am going back to uni to retrain as a primary school teacher, and yeah i so quite a lot of running at the moment...did 2 half marathons this year. That's not to say doing a full marathon will be easy of course...

I'll see if i can find you on MFP...

Xxx

Back