Ever feel tempted?

kate10

Hi felow weight watchers.
This is my first thread.

I have been weight watching for 10 weeks now and have lost 21 pounds. (About fifty seven to go!!)

I met a freind earlier this week who has been 'lighter lifeing' for a similar amount of time and has lost four stone!!

From reading this site i can see that she is not the only one.

Have you ever felt tempted to give it a go?

Kate:confused:

hmm yes! I lost 3.5 stone last summer in only about 10 weeks :eek: on Lighterlife (then swapped to Cambridge).. I felt absolutely amazing and loved the feeling of being empty a size 10 again. Unfortunately you cannot abstain from food forever, and if you have not dealt with your issues surrounding food (as with myself) you will simply pile all the weight back on again (as with myself again!).

I am sure that it does work for some people, but for me it was a such a HUGE waste of money and I now worry about the harm and damage I may have done to my body :(. My self esteem is also now at an all-time low AGAIN, having gone to size 10 and back to size 16-18 in only a matter of months.

I personally think that a more gentle approach to dieting, perhaps between 1-3lbs loss per week is the long-term solution. You have to learn to change your eating habits for life, not just a quick fix.

Stick with Weight Watchers hun, you are doing so well xx

Thanks Sarah for your reply.

I know you're right. A slower weight loss is definately more sensible. Just frustrating!

How are you getting on at the moment? Are you weight watching?

Hey Kate! I actually started on Lighterlife and gave up to go to WW! I hated a VLCD, and was constantly miserable. My social life was on hold and it spiraled me into depression. My loss has been slow on WW but I am so much happier in general. Stick with it 21lbs is fab and your learning a whole new way of eating xxx

Thanks lighterlifer.

You're right I am learning a totally new way of eating and even thinking about food.

I am almost enjoying it as well - well enjoying seeing the results anyway.
You are acheiving really good losses - you must be made up!

How do you get one of those tracker thingies that shows your progress?

Thanks Starlight for the tickerfactory info.

I think it's really good to chart your progress this way.

I was starting to get a bit fed up and felt that my weight wasnt coming off quick enough but now I've done my little ticker I can see that I am doing well. Feeling a lot more positive than I did when I started this thread!!

Thanks everyone x

Hey Kate, no you are doing brilliantly, keep it up and you will lose the weight slowly BUT healthily and you should then be able to keep it off :D (always a good thing!). I am going to start WW on Tuesday night - am going to go to the local meetings if I can build up enough courage to go :eek: . I have already started mentally calculating the points that I am eating and feel much more in control already so feeling very positive about this.

Keep going Kate, and get that ticker up it really does help doesn't it! (must work out how to do mine on here too!) OH YAY I'VE DONE IT HEHE!!!
XX

Last edited:
Hi Sarah,

Ive done my ticker but i am still struggling to get it as part of my signature. I am sure its simple - but i am not great on computers!!

Anyway sounds like you are doing well and feeling positive. I hope you get to your local class on tues. My class in on tues as well. For me I think it makes a real difference going to a class. I think its the discipline of knowing you've got that weigh in every week.

In our class most people look like they've got very little weight to loose (except me and one or two others) but the more I go and the more I get to now the members I am amazed at how many of them have previously lost huge amounts of weight and now come just to maintain their weight loss. They have been a real inspiration to me.

Good Luck!

Yes I think you are right about classes, think that is the way forward (for me anyway). I'm really sorry I can't help with getting your ticker as showing, I really did mine by accident and couldn't tell you how I got it to work :eek: sorry but hopefully someone will come along shortly and help you out.

And good luck to you too, for continuing weight loss.. hope to chat loads on here! x

I started with CD, and although the results are fast, from what ive read on various threads most people put it all back on plus some more are are doing CD or LL for the 2nd or 3rd time. Steady weight loss that teaches you to eat healthy for life is better than a short period in ketosis (which strains your kidneys btw) is the way to go, at least for me. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Steady weight loss that teaches you to eat healthy for life is better than a short period in ketosis (which strains your kidneys btw) is the way to go

I totally agree.. also, after doing LL/CD my hair fell out in clumps for about 3 months :eek: it was awful. I took it as my body telling me I had done something wrong, which in hindsight I really had.

this is a toughie. i did cambridge a couple of years ago. lost 4 stone and went froma 16/18 to a 10/12. i am size 12 two years on but my relationship with food is wrecked and i struggle to diet 'normally'. i can't diss Cd because if it wasn't for it i might still be really overweight now, but in a way i wish i had never done it because once you've done a VLCD it is very difficult to have a good relationship with food or to diet slowly again. swings and roundabouts...
you've had a good loss dieting sensibly so i reckon you should keep plodding on. you're probably much more likely to keep it off and not mess your head up in the process.
that's my honest opinion..
good luck!
x

Thanks everyone for your honesty.

I will carry on as I am - counting points and eating sensibly.
Thanks for all your support - it really does make a difference when your struggling!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :bliss: :bliss: :bliss: :bliss: :bliss: :bliss: :bliss: :bliss:

Yippee!

Just been to my meeting. Lost 4.5 lb. Delighted!!!
Got my 10% keyring.
Hope you are all having a good week also.

Thanks Starlight.

I do think that posting and reading on minimins has really helped this week. I think it just keeps you motivated and gets you through the lows - so that you can enjoy the highs - as I am now.

How are you getting on?

Hi Kate,

Just been reading you thread, i did CD last year and lost nearly 3 st, i had back trouble through the summer and ended up not working, i've put nearly all that back on, but a couple of weeks ago i started WW and have lost 7 1/2lbs and i much more enjoy this diet to CD.

Great weight loss this week, keep it up.

Rach

Thanks Starlight.

I do think that posting and reading on minimins has really helped this week. I think it just keeps you motivated and gets you through the lows - so that you can enjoy the highs - as I am now.

How are you getting on?

I definitely put a lot of my (so far) success down to Minimins. Id totally agree about the motivation bit and I know this week when I was a bit disappointed about my loss the encouragement and posts I got on here made me realise that Id actually done well!

I also find my diary a huge help, it may be a bit boring but it helps keep me on track, Id definitely recommend it. Oh and a tracker on your signature ;) I cant tell you what a kick I get out of changing that every week :)

Back