Everybody's doing the Lowcarbmotion!

jerricebenton

Silver Member
Starting at a horrible 20st 9lbs. I need to lose loads. I am on Day 3, following Dr Charles Clark (so not strictly Atkins, so I hope it's ok to post here?) Aim to keep under 40-60g carbs per day as per the book.

Day 1

Egg, bacon, mushrooms, low carb sausage

Handful nuts

Salmon & green veg in cream sauce

Day 2

Salami & cheese

Packet of crisps (14g carbs)

Tomato, mozzerella & basil salad with balsamic/olive oil drizzle

Crayfish tails

Chicken & bacon stew with mange tout

Weighed this morning, and 4lbs down! Will wait til Monday for my official weight though, and record that on my profile.

Food today -

Cheese & onion omlette

Tuna/cheese fishcakes & leafy salad

Lamb, coleslaw & salad

Handful of nuts, a peperami

Hi Jerrice and welcome - it's a bit quiet here at the moment, people on hols, I expect :)

Sounds like a good start - how are you finding it?

Finding it great :) Did it successfully a year or so ago, lost over 2 stone. Then went off-piste totally! I know how great I feel on this, so looking forward to all the health benefits again.

Thanks for the welcome :)

Day 4

Leftover lamb & coleslaw

Roast pork belly

Packet of crisps (14g carbs)

Peperami

Chicken, broccoli, cauli cheese bake

I have a day at the beach tomorrow, and need a packed lunch. This will be a test! I have chicken thighs, will boil a couple of eggs, a chicken & avocado salad and a tom/moz/basil salad. That should keep me going!

Ooops, have been so busy, forgot to update this! Beach day was great, got lots of sun :) Picnic was roast chicken thighs, mozerella/tomato/basil salad, cheese string and low carb ham salad wraps. Felt like I had a proper picnic!

Then Fridays menu was ...

Cheese/ham platter

Smoked sausage & mayo

Chinese beef in oyster sauce with mixed veg

Then Suaturday, I was a carby twat and put on 2lbs :(
felt so yuk yesterday that I couldnt wait to restart.
Back on it today, have a chilli in the slow cooker that smells divine!

Back