EvieT's Diary from the Edge

EvieT

What a great service from Slim and Save! Less than 48 hours after ordering, my months worth of packs arrived in the Outer Hebrides.

Can't wait to get started tomorrow!
:happy036:

VLCD virgin

Thanks zoebear :)

Well, i'm sitting here, feeling a little apprehensive, ready to start. I've never done a VLCD before so don't quite know how i'll get on. I guess i was attracted to this type of diet as i'm needing a quick fix - i have to go away to work at the beginning of May and desperately need to shed a minimum of 1.5 stone, although 2 would be much better. I'm carrying around 3 stone excess.

I'm sure i'm going to find the hardest part drinking the recommended 3 litres of water so the first thing i'm doing this morning is sitting here doing "dear diary" while i glug away. Off to get a shake in a mo.

Weather grey and windy but mild and when i popped my head out of the door earlier i could smell seaweed, mmm, lovely. Quite a few Greenfinches, a Blackbird and some Starlings in the garden.

EvieT

How have you got on today? It's get easier with the water just keep swigging away all day and it soon goes down. Stone and a half could be gone by May. X

Thanks for asking zoebear, i'd just sat down to update my diary.

The day went well:-

Breakfast: Strawberry shake
Lunch: Veg soup followed by a muesli bar
mid afternoon: made a milky coffee with the 150ml skimmed milk
Dinner: Spag bol with 200g veg (mushrooms, brocolli & cauliflower)

Managed the 3 litres of water, easier than i thought, just had a water bottle with me all day.

Challenges of the day: Going to do the weekly shopping with DH but made sure i went straight after lunch when i felt quite full. Cooked soup for DH with carrots, onions, chorizo & lentils, it smelt bootiful! :drool: but i managed not to get tempted.

My friend next door has very kindly asked us for a meal on Sunday evening. Now i've started i don't feel like i can break this for anything. I asked her if she would mind very much if i brought my own food with me (she knows i'm weird at the best of times LOL!), she doesn't mind at all so that's a relief.

Hmm, off to plan tomorrows "menu" now :wavey:

Well done you. And you resisted the challenges, it will get easier. You sound like me, in that I won't break or bend for anything. Scared of what wil happen if I do, so sure people think I'm weird sometimes.

You did it. Onto day 2.

You sound like me, in that I won't break or bend for anything. Scared of what will happen if I do, so sure people think I'm weird sometimes

Yes, once i get focussed i'm OK, it's just getting to that point - for months and months i could feel my clothes getting tighter but was kind of in denial, made a few vague attempts to lose a pound or two with no success.

I think the trigger has been chatting with a friend who has a whole lot more to lose than me, i suggested Cambridge to her as another friend had had good results with that. Then i got round to thinking, mmm, maybe i should do something like that myself. So, here i am.

The support here is much appreciated :thankyou:

Off for breakfast shake...

Day 2

Not too bad a day, well i'm still here and sticking to it 100% Resisted the temptation to get on the scales, will leave it for a few days.

Breakfast: Crispy Choc shake (made with water)
Lunch: 2 eggs scrambled in the microwave with a little bit of water and some mushroom from the veg allowance
Choc Truffa Bar (mmm, yum!)
Mid afternoon: coffee with milk allowance
Dinner: New Chilli with broccoli, cauli & cabbage

Still getting the water down, it's not too bad, a litre of tap water and 2 litres of sparkling spring water.

Challenges for the day: Having to go and buy 2 x 9packs of Kit Kats as friends were calling round for a cuppa and it's kind of considered rude here to not offer cakes, biscuits etc. to visitors. I hadn't baked recently because i didn't want the temptation. Managed to get by without one anyway. Phew!
Went to Knit and Natter this afternoon and found it pretty easy to resist the biscuits and chocolate that were on offer.

Well done on getting through the first couple of days. You seem really focused and determined so I'm sure you'll do really well.

I had dinner at a friends in the week and felt a bit rude giving her a list of things I could eat but she was fine with it and made a lovely meal all within my allowance.

Good luck with the next few days. Once your past day 4/5 it becomes soooo much easier x

Thanks zoebear and moomoo!

Yes, thanks very much, not a bad day, felt a bit cold and a little light-headed until i had lunch. Blimey i've been weeing for England as well - think i drunk 3 litres and pee'd 5 LOL!

Sneaked onto the scales first thing this morning and was pleased to find that 4lb has disappeared - taking my BMI from "obese" to "overweight".

Brekkie: Cafe Latte shake, had it warm with a little extra coffee. Lovely!
Lunch: Mushroom soup and a Lemon & Yog bar
mid afternoon: Milky coffee using the milk allowance
Dinner: 100g cod with broccoli, cabbage & mushroom, a wee sprinkle (2g) of Swartz seasoning (Jamaican Jerk chicken) baked in foil in the oven. Couldn't find either the Colman's seasonings or the roasting bags here in our tiny Co-op. I've put both on my "things to buy on the mainland" list.

Tee hee, DH is beginning to think i've got an internet lover as i keep coming to sit at the computer.

My DH has been an Internet widower for ages. Glad you ha d a good day. X

Hi Evie - am catching up on diaries and thought I'd say hi :) you're doing brilliantly, and it definitely gets easier... So nice hopping on the scales that first week and seeing such a change.
Hats off to you for resisting the kit kats! They are my fave :)

Day 4

Hi Sarahlou and thanks for the encouragement!

A good day overall, ketosis has kicked in and i didn't feel hungry. A good job too as we'd been invited for a meal next door this evening. Thankfully my friend understood completely and didn't mind me taking my own food! Baked 100g of turkey breast with my veg allowance. The hardest part was watching everyone else swigging wine and aaarrrggghhh worst of all eating dessert :drool:

Ah well :sigh: i'm sure it'll all be worth it in the end. Probably if i'd been at a later stage i would've caved in at the sight of dessert but as it's only four days in i didn't feel i could.

Well done for gettin thru the meal. It will all be worth it.

Nearly at first WI. Focus on that.

Back