Evilpenguin's food diary

courtneyslim said:
Woohoo exam stress over and done with hopefully that be a weight off your shoulders ( literally :) xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Not quite! Got another exam next week, then another on the 28th, then even more after that lol. This course is constant exams, stress and a test of patience (got some very arrogant tutors!)

3 months to go then I'm freeee lol bring on Uni stress!!

EE today

Breakfast: coffee (HEA) alpen light (3 syns)
Lunch: ham salad sandwich (HEB plus 2.5 syns) another alpen (3 syns)
Dinner: didn't have risotto as the soup had filled me up, so had a banana, satsuma, shape yoghurt (0.5 syns) and 5 Sui Mai which I think are 1 syn each?? So 5 syns
Snacks: homemade lentil soup, beetroot crisps (half a pack 1 syn) kiwi, an apple, satsuma
Total syns: 15

Mmm beetroot crisps are amazing! Expensive, I thought! But really tasty, feels like a real bag of crisps. They're called Snapz I think? 52cals a bag :) they have apple and carrot ones too. They should be syn free IMO it's only veg/fruit dried up to be crispy but I'm synning cos of food abuse rules lol.

Last edited:
Beetroot crisps sound ace where did you get them? X

The food hall at Dobbies had them. They have mini bags, the normal crisps sized bags and massive sharing bags, think they'd be really good for snacking on during films and when drinking cos the syns are way better than Doritos or sensations lol. Going to try the carrot ones next :D

Oh an amusing thing about the Snapz crisps: they rattle like pieces of plastic in the bag! It put me off when I first saw them, and every time since I always give the bag a shoogle when I'm in the shop lol never bought them til today tho! Haha just realised I must look mental going in there shaking bags of crisps and leaving without buying anything :D

Haha nice, shall have a look next time I go to Wholefoods seems like the kind of thing they will do there! X

Orange are a bunch of liars! The guy in the shop told me they'd have the phone I want in stock from today, so I excitedly went out to the shop today, after my cheeky early finish from college, and the woman who served me was like err what phone???:confused: :mad:!!!!! That was after I waited around for about 15 mins cos they had 3 members of staff on who were all busy with other people. Waste of time!! So I decided to call orange when I got in, to see when this phone will be in stock, and the phone apparently isn't even released until the 12th, and it won't be passed the testing stage til at least the 19th :mad: Oh well. Another couple of weeks with the crappy iPhone I suppose :(

So after all that I am feeling pretty tired. I don't think I've had 'that Friday feeling' since starting college. I never leave on a Friday feeling like I could party lol just feel sleepy! Even on the days we finish early! :rolleyes: Despite the tiredness I am going to indulge in some Jack Daniels tonight. Syn free stuff! Honest ;)

WI tomorrow. Bricking it! Scales were up by 3lbs the other night. Oh dear :sigh:

Ok EE today...

Breakfast: alpen light (3 syns) coffee (HEA)
Lunch: chicken salad sandwich (HEB, 2 syns mayo)
Dinner: steak :drool: red cabbage, purple broccoli, asparagus, mash, mushrooms, onions, carrots, no blue cheese sauce as I have eaten all of the laughing cows :eek:
Snacks: about 5 JD's (20 syns) total 0% with jammy stuff (2 syns) fudge (5.5 syns) buttons (4 syns)
Total syns: 36.5

Last edited:
Rubbish about your phone, I actually hate phone shops/ call centres had nothing but bother with them the several years I had contracts so now I just have tenner a month sim only deal and buy myself a phone lol! :) get draw something game on your iPhone I'm addicted then you can play me ;-) hehe I can see why hand delivering graze boxes every week would do your head in, they are tasty though! Nom Nom! X

icklerockchick said:
Rubbish about your phone, I actually hate phone shops/ call centres had nothing but bother with them the several years I had contracts so now I just have tenner a month sim only deal and buy myself a phone lol! :) get draw something game on your iPhone I'm addicted then you can play me ;-) hehe I can see why hand delivering graze boxes every week would do your head in, they are tasty though! Nom Nom! X

I can't afford to buy the phone, so I'm stuck unless I downgrade to a basic £30 type of phone. Too addicted to the Internet for that nonsense. It sounds like a good deal tho! Definitely being ripped off with these 24 month £40 contracts :(

Yeah it's one of those things at work that seem silly to others but really wind you up! Like hating when the delivery bay door went and you had to run from one side of the building to the other to sign for someone's new trainers!! I didn't mind real work deliveries so much lol.

Yeh buying a phone is the only pricey bit but works out so much cheaper in the long run as I'm only paying £10 a month for unlimited texts, unlimited Internet and 300 or 400 mins (can't remember I prefer texting so hardly use my minutes lol) costs more like £30 a month for 24months to get that with a phone so saves like £480 over the 2 years and I get a half decent phone for about £100! :) and then usually sell that for about £50 when I want to upgrade! Wouldn't do it any other way now. X

My scales aren't magic anymore lol. Weighed in early today because I was rudely awoken by my neighbours, why do they choose 7am on a Saturday to do their bloody DIY??? Anyway, weighed in cos I don't like weighing after I've eaten and I'm starving so about to have breakfast and my usual time of 11am is too far away to go without food until. 20st 13lb, 2.5lbs gain. Totally and utterly deserved. But I'm still not impressed lol. I'm just not ever celebrating a birthday ever again! The only thing synful that I'll have for my birthday will be booze! Tis my birthday in 10 days and I can't lose this gain to have it come back again after my bday. I'm not fussed for having a treat or anything anyway, would rather lose weight :)

I am concerned about my breakfast today. We got wild boar sausages in the reduced section at Dobbies the other day, froze them for this morning, but there's no calorie info and no syn value to be found anywhere! The only ingredient that I think is syns is the sugar, that's if the meat they used was lean, hmm, not sure what to do! I'm going with 2 syns each but I'm probably being optimistic :(

Today's food, EE obviously. Going to stick at 15 a day this week to lose this gain!

Breakfast: a mini caramel shortcake (4 syns, was eaten out of sheer hunger and anger at being woken up early!!) and fry up thing with 2 wild boar sausages (4 syns) eggs and toast (HEB 2 syns marge) coffee (milk 2 syns)
Lunch: homemade lentil soup
Dinner: leek, asparagus and courgette risotto (decided against using Parmesan so HEA still to be used)
Snacks: satsuma, cider (5 x 330ml kopparberg 50 syns :eek: ) beetroot crisps (3 syns)
Total syns: 65

Last edited:
Ok I need to post because I'm worrying myself sick about my silly gain. I actually went back up to the scales at 11am and they said I'd dropped a pound since the 9am WI, but I'm not recording it cos my official WI was the first one, but I'm gutted I didn't just wait and only put on 1.5lbs lol. I have accepted the 2.5 gain! I refuse to take my 2 stone sticker away lol but will change my stats later when I'm on the laptop.

Anyway, I keep thinking that I'm going to come off track cos of the gain :( I don't want to but I'm scared that I'll change my tune and be giving it all up at some point today or this week. I haven't lost my mojo, I'm still totally 100% in the game, but am terrified that it's not going to happen. I think that cos I'm getting close to the weight I got to before, it's like I can't get past that weight cos I never managed before. That happens when I get close to a new stone too, I freak out and worry that I'll sabotage it.

Ugh I dunno. It's weird, not wanting to give up but feeling like you might lose control. In reality I've been doing this for 16 weeks and have only gained twice, first time was at Xmas and this time was my boyfriends birthday, 2 events that involved cake and alcohol, it wasn't me giving up or anything. And there have been some weeks where I totally deserved a gain but didn't get one. So I shouldn't worry about this 2.5lbs. But I am :(

Aarrghh!!! I'm going to have an amazing week! I'm going to be strict and 100% with it and lose this bloody 2.5lbs. Then I'm gonna lose the other 80 odd pounds and get to target!!! *slaps self in face* (obviously not by next week :) )

Try not to worry about it you had a little blip, these happen in life you are allowed to enjoy special occassions where you eat yummy things and drink yummy booze, just draw a line under it don't dwell on it and get right back on track :) it also tends to be easier to lose the weight when you get a little gain! X

Thanks chick. Yeah I know, think I was just upset that it was quite a big gain, was hoping 2lbs at the most lol.

But after saying all that we went out and bought cider to cheer ourselves up! Yeah good plan eh? All my food today has been SW friendly, well those sausages probably weren't, but other than that its just the cider that's synful. I even bought more beetroot crisps to combat the drunken munches lol :D

This weekend has been pretty bad truthfully eh! And next weekend will be bad too. Celebrating my birthday early so drinks on Sat, but I'm having a SW dinner and no birthday cake. Bf said I can have a muffin or something as my cake so it's less syns lol. But after that there's no more events, thank god! And obviously during the week I'll be a good girl :)

Ps the 5 books of the hitchhikers guide to the galaxy are kindle deal of the day if you are interested? Can read them on the kindle app on yet shiny new phone when it comes lol! Think it's £2.19 x

icklerockchick said:
Ps the 5 books of the hitchhikers guide to the galaxy are kindle deal of the day if you are interested? Can read them on the kindle app on yet shiny new phone when it comes lol! Think it's £2.19 x

Oooh thanks for the info! Have asked my bf for these for my bday, I'm sure he'd love to save some money :D xx

Hehe saw it today and remembered you talking about them, offers just on today but you can buy them now and download onto your device whenever, they are also doing a kindle book for 20p each day at the mo to price match the google play deals! So far there has been some decent stuff like girl with the dragon tattoo and that Karl pilkington(something like that?) idiot abroad book. Can't complain for 20p lol :) ordered some for reading on my phone when I can't sleep! X

Guess who decided to wake me up at 8am with their fricking DIY again?!! Aarrghh!! I was hungover and not happy! :(

But I woke up with my motivation for Slimming World firmly back in place! Finding out a 330ml can of pear cider is 10 syns shocked me back to reality this morning. It was really good, I had a great night, but will stick with my spirits from now on! I think after next weekend we'll be off the drink for a while anyway. That's if we can stand to be sober living in this house anyway :(

Food diary bit, EE today

Breakfast: bacon, scrambled eggs, toast (HEB plus 2.5 syns marge, 1 syn BBQ) coffee (part HEA) 3 x chocolate orange thins (3.5 syns)
Lunch: not sure
Dinner: beef chilli with chocolate (2 syns) served with brown basmati rice
Snacks: a kiwi, apple Snapz crisps (3 syns) 2 choc thins (2.5 syns) banana, apple, homemade coleslaw, total 0% mixed with FF frontage frais, pineapple, 4 mikados (2 syns)
Total syns: 15.5

Last edited:
icklerockchick said:
Hehe saw it today and remembered you talking about them, offers just on today but you can buy them now and download onto your device whenever, they are also doing a kindle book for 20p each day at the mo to price match the google play deals! So far there has been some decent stuff like girl with the dragon tattoo and that Karl pilkington(something like that?) idiot abroad book. Can't complain for 20p lol :) ordered some for reading on my phone when I can't sleep! X

Cool thanks I'll have a look in a bit :D 20p a book is a total bargain! I need some new books to read and 20p isnt a waste if I don't like the book :)

Exactly 5 "books" for a quid can't complain, they don't seem to advertise the 20p books I got the heads up from hot uk deals a website I use. If you go to the kindle chart and the paid books part the 20p one makes it's way to near the top so can find them there :) hope it helps, nice to have something to read without breaking the bank. Plus if I ever get a kindle they stay on your account so can put them on there too. Maybe when ankle heals properly and get back to work will have some spare cash again but just now gota hunt out the bargains ;-) x

Back