Evilpenguin's food diary

I counted it as the 3 syns from the search I done, but nothing's changed in it so I don't know where the syns came from? In the thread it said that it's because Marshall's never gave SW the full nutritional info? I think SW is too professional to just say oh it's free then, without double checking all the info they were given? I mean ffs, they make us syn roasted chick peas! Doesn't make sense.

Oh yeah garlic bread :drool: sounds yum! When I did WW I had that crusty bread all the time. It's sort of like their bagels, not quite the same as normal bread lol, but it was still good and amazing with risottos :drool:

Foodies for today, EE:)

Breakfast: coffee (part A)
Lunch: sweetfire beetroot (3.5 syns) home made lentil soup, an apple, clementine
Dinner: chilli with brown basmati rice, superfree sauce, extra peppers & tomato to bulk it up a bit (chocolate 2 syns)
Snacks: slice of ham with syn free soft cheese, 1/2 slice toast (1.5 syns) Wotsits (6 syns) 4 mikados (2 syns) 2 choco orange thins (2 syns) oaty bar (HEB) tea (rest of A)
Total syns: 17

Last edited:
Ok I need to remind myself that losing 2lbs average a week is a great rate of weight loss. And that 2lbs a week is over 100lbs a year, which is about 7 stone and a freaking lot of weight to lose in a year. So I should not be feeling like my weight loss is taking ages! I just keep thinking - 4 months in and only 2 stone down. But that's not slow is it? :sigh: If in another 4 months time I've lost 4 stone altogether I'll be chuffed!! I could weigh 17st something by July! I'd be seriously over the moon at that. And 15 stone something before Xmas - woah. I will actually be able to buy a xmas party outfit from a NORMAL shop!! Screw Evans.

2lbs a week is amazing - 1lbs a week is amazing. Honestly! Why do I worry about these things :rolleyes:

Exactly put it in perspective :) go would be perfectly happy with even 0.5 lb loss a week until target!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Yep! You need to do it sometimes. Yeah some people lose a stone a month, but I'm not them and it's not a race.

I am actually so excited about my weight loss. I need those moments of worry, so that I can then sit down and actually think about what I've lost and how much I'm going to lose. The SWer inside of me is like "EEEEEEEEEEEEP!!!" all the time lol. I can't wait to even get to a size 20 dress size, just to be able to step into dorothy perkins again! And Primark!! Aaaaaaaaaaagh so exciting!!! :D :D :D

Sorry rambling in excitement here. A half off is fantastic too I agree!! :D:D:D

You'll be in Primark buying all the cheap goodies in no time! :) yeh I'm a slow loser and I'm fine with that especially since I don't have a huge amount to lose, when I started SW I was closer to the upper limits of being able able to shop in normal high street stores like New Look and Topshop so can't wait until I can pick up size 10s off the rail and know they will fit, that keeps me motivated when I want to pig out :) x

Primark won't know what's hit it lol. I can't wait to start dressing how I want to and not how Evans think I dress! Think I might fit into 22s by summer so Dorothy Perkins will be getting raided. Hopefully! I'm not sure if dotty p's are still my tastes but nothing stopping a girl looking :)

Slow losses are still losses chick. You're close to your target so it's going to be slower, but it's still taking you to target!! :)

Shopping spree! Getting quite sad nowadays I get excited by jammies and novelty pants more than pretty dresses lol! X

I love novelty underwear + jammies! Can't remember where I saw them, it was when I was xmas shopping, but I saw jammies that had cartoon sushi on them with "that's how I roll" written above the sushi, soooo cute! Definitely be getting some of those if I ever see them and I'm in a normal size lol :D

It's David and Goliath that make them! Pricey but oh so cute! Their tshirts pop up fairly often in tk maxx :) x

Aaah I've seen their tshirts too, I need to own these things! Hope my student loans will be enough to cover the shopping spree lol. I can study without books or food eh?! :D

evilpenguin said:
Aaah I've seen their tshirts too, I need to own these things! Hope my student loans will be enough to cover the shopping spree lol. I can study without books or food eh?! :D

Yeh be too busy looking awesome! ;-) have picked up a couple of the tshirts for a fiver before in tk maxx sales, the david & goliath shop in London is awesome so full of cuteness!! X

I've never been to London but I imagine I could do some serious bank account damage there!! Oh I love tk maxx, even tho it's like a jumble sale most of the time. They always have really funky shoes and clothes. Not sure what size they go up to? 20 probably so might be shopping in there by uni time :)

Food plan for today, EE

Breakfast: coffee (HEA)
Lunch: 1/2 pack sweetfire beetroot (1.5 syns) WW yogurt
Dinner: switched around today's dinner with another cos I forgot to defrost the pork so it's salmon & chive pasta (5.5 syns philly) added leeks to this, omg, so amazing! I love leeks!!
Snacks: Snapz beetroot crisps (3 syns) banana, apple, clementine, WW yoghurt, cheese and ham toastie (HEB plus 3 syns for 30g RF cheese) roasted carrots & parsnips with balsamic vinegar and paprika :drool: ** biscuit fest: 4 choc thins (4 syns) 6 mikados (3 syns) with an options hot choc (2 syns)
Total syns: 22

** we got a veg delivery this afternoon and just had to roast a couple of parsnips and carrots to try them, was starving! I don't usually roast veg for a snack but I may start the habit!

Last edited:
Scales are telling me I'm back to the weight I was before my 2.5lb gain, please let them say the same (or lower!) on Saturday!

Ooops! Watched a film last night with the bf and ate all those biscuits without thinking!! Good thing they were only a syn/half a syn each ;) they went well with the hot choc! The chocolate orange thins are gone now, thank god. 1 syn biscuits should be banned! Too easy to eat!! I am really surprised at how long those Mikados lasted tho - 2 boxes have been sitting in our SW food box for a couple of weeks now and last night we only just finished the 1st box. Not opening the other one til another film night :) They used to last maybe an hour in my house lol not this time.

Today I have some serious studying to do! Was off college yesterday so need to catch up! And I'm off again today so should use the time to study. It's boring so I'll probably be hugging the fruit bowl to avoid snacking on crisps and other synful junk. Boredom eating is the worst!!

So EE as always

Breakfast: coffee (part A) oaty bar (3.5 syns)
Lunch: ham salad sandwich (HEB plus 2 syns mayo) beetroot crisps (2.5 syns), clementine
Dinner: pork supreme!* with peppers, onion, leek and mash (6.5 syns)
Snacks: banana, WW yoghurt, mini twister ice cream (2 syns)
Total syns: 16.5

* pork supreme is supposed to be pork stroganoff but they never ever have the stroganoff mix in shops, so we bought chicken supreme mix and add paprika to it, tastes like stroganoff a wee bit!! Need to make the SW stroganoff as it doesn't need a sauce mix but we are super lazy :)

Last edited:
Yeh boredom eating is annoying, ive been trying to sort out my clothes all week and still not done it all, distractions are way more fun! X

It's so easy to put stuff like that off. I've got the books out, college study site thing is open, but I haven't actually studied anything lol. Minimins is a great distraction! :D

Just realised beetroot crisps are only 2.5 syns! 52 cals = 2.5 syns yeah?

And I am disappointed! My lentil soup isn't defrosted so I couldn't have it for lunch. Oh well :) will eat it later!

evilpenguin said:
Just realised beetroot crisps are only 2.5 syns! 52 cals = 2.5 syns yeah?

And I am disappointed! My lentil soup isn't defrosted so I couldn't have it for lunch. Oh well :) will eat it later!

Oh no, could you not just microwave it to defrost it and heat it up? How's the studying going? X

Back