Evilpenguin's food diary

Quick update- today's 20p book is American psycho :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Have had quite a good day today. Still got a couple of syns but I think, for this week, I'm going to stop at whatever number I get to and not worry about having the full 15/17.5 just to limit the damage. Supposed to be losing this gain next Sat but the cider last night may have fooked it all up!

College days are the absolute worst. I remember when I did SW before I was working full time, and I found that I stuck to it much better on work days than any other, I struggled during time off and hated not having the routine of work eating times. Now I hate college eating times, I wish I had every day off! There's no fridge or microwave or kettle at college, so I can't take anything that needs to be kept cool or heat up! I can't eat bananas in public, I prefer my apples cut up so they go brown and rank by lunchtime, can't afford to take in 7 satsumas a day, so I have like 2 cereal bars and my sandwich, takes me to about 10 syns before I've even had dinner!! Argh.

Anyway rant over lol. I'm happy! Today's been 100%! Back on track :)

Edit: I realise me ranting about college seems random, I meant to tie it all together with the keeping syns low thing lol :)

I find sandwiches really boring! Could you not make up some rice/pasta/couscous type thing the night before and take those with you? If they are refrigerated overnight and then pop them in a little cool bag lunch bag type thing they should be fine at lunchtime? I find them way more exciting and filling. Maybe you could try some green days, then you get 2 HEBs so can have your cereal bars and not need to syn them? Once you get into a routine of doing it it's really quick cheap and easy :) just throwing some ideas out there lol! X

icklerockchick said:
I find sandwiches really boring! Could you not make up some rice/pasta/couscous type thing the night before and take those with you? If they are refrigerated overnight and then pop them in a little cool bag lunch bag type thing they should be fine at lunchtime? I find them way more exciting and filling. Maybe you could try some green days, then you get 2 HEBs so can have your cereal bars and not need to syn them? Once you get into a routine of doing it it's really quick cheap and easy :) just throwing some ideas out there lol! X

Well my mum gave me her cool bag (its literally cool as in keeps things cold but also cool cos it's pink and says 'keep calm and have a snack' on it lol) so I started to take pasta salad with me, but we are having a skint month and the cooked chicken is 60p dearer than sandwich meat so the ham won and I'm not allowed chicken to make pasta salad this month. Yeah my bf is that tight, no joke. I could just eat the pasta minus the chicken I suppose? Not as tasty though lol.

Will have a word with the bf tomorrow - in Tesco in the meat aisle so he can't argue ;) bwahaha!!!

Get some frozen veggies, value chopped tomatoes, value passata add whatever herbs and spices/garlic/chilli you want and voila pasta sauce for pennies! X

Oh and cook it lol but just do it while pastas cooking takes hardly any time at all :)

That's basically what we do for every sauce we make lol. We make a huge batch of sauce and freeze it in portions, then once it's defrosted we can amend it to suit the dish, so if it's chilli we add spices, if it's ragu we add more tomatoes! The sauce we currently have has everything in it- broccoli, cauliflower, leeks, tomatoes, parsnips, peppers, onion, and loads of herbs. It's so good :drool: but tbh I'm not a fan of cold pasta sauce like that!! For my lunch I was just using xl mayo and tarragon with pepper, spring onion and chicken, with penne. It's nice and refreshing :D going to talk the bf into having it this week. If I tell him that I'll cook it he'll go for it ;)

Cool hope you manage to persuade him and get to eat what you want! Yeh I love how adding slightly different things can make it taste do different it's like magic ;-) x

EE today, obviously :D

Breakfast: coffee (milk part A) an apple
Lunch: home made lentil soup
Dinner: macaroni cheese, out of a box, with bacon, broccoli, carrots, sweetcorn, spring greens, onions, peppers, tomato (rest of HEA plus 3 syns)
Snacks: snapz carrot crisps (4 syns) Tesco sweetfire beetroot 1/2 pack (1.5 syns) pineapple, shape yoghurt (0.5 syns) clementine, banana, 1/2 a beetroot scan bran cake (4 syns, 1 syn FF mixed with cocoa) oaty bar (HEB) 2 mikados (1 syn)
Total syns: 15

Hmm I need to check that the Marshall's macaroni is still free if you use your A for the milk...:confused:... apparently it's 3 syns!

Last edited:
Nooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!! Apparently it has syns now? Jeez! I hate when they do this!!! What changed that suddenly made it syns? :(

I think it's 3, but other posts are saying it's 14??? It can't be. It isn't! Someone help :(

I LOVE marshalls macaroni cheese - wierd how it went from free to loads of syns, I don't understand either. Pretty sure the syn values are made up as directed so I guess if you calculate how many syns the milk and butter are it should still be pretty low? Would be interested in knowing whether you get an answer as I would love to eat it again. Think you only get it up in Scotland or there would be mass outrage at the synning of it :p x

The thread that says its 3 syns on G/EE also says "made up as directed", but the directions tell you to add butter which I don't! Argh!

You know what... I'm going to add the butter and count it as 3 syns. There - number one SW'er award goes to me lol :D

Think the syn values are for some small amount of it though are they not? :/

I dunno :( I was so excited to have this tonight and now I'm like pfffttt too much confusion lol. Think I'll cook it how I normally would and count 3 syns, in case there is syns in the sauce mix :(

Just went on the scales for my usual sneaky peek. Have lost 2lbs since WI woop woop! I know this could change drastically over the next week but I don't care, I'm happy they haven't gone up any further lol. Mind you, those ciders could catch up. 10 syns for 330ml? Seriously I'm still in shock.

Woo, keep it up and you will get a nice big loss at weigh in :) really craving some marshalls macaroni now must pick some up next time I'm out, wish it would tell you how many calories in the cheese sauce powder so we could work it out, like you say I doubt it can be that many syns anyway!

Pear cider is my fave wish it didn't have such an insane amount of calories :( makes me sad! x

Pears are superfree therefore the cider should be too! :( no fair lol.

I might email them! Because even if you work out the syns in the milk, butter and deduct that from the calorie info on the box, you still need to know how much pasta there is and how many calories that is so that you can work out a final syn value. And I'm not mathematical in the slightest! So I'm not going to attempt it lol.

Emailing them!

Ah syn free cider that would be the dream! Since the crusty bread heb development who knows? ;-) thought I had a box of mac cheese in the cupboard but I must've ate it :-( boo! x

The crusty bread was a surprise! I must have missed that thread! I'm looking forward to working them into a meal sometime soon. 2 tsps of lurpak lighter is 3 syns I think :drool: would that be enough tho?!

Aw that sucks! Marshalls mac & cheese is the best. Even if the syn value is confusing!

Yeh gona get a few boxes and just leave a couple syns to cover it as I'm really craving it now mmm! Can't wait to get some crusty bread too, gona attempt making it into garlic bread, be amazing with pasta dishes mmmm! X

Back