Evilpenguin's food diary

Yeah the one I went to is quite a trek away but we were in the area so popped in for a nose! There's not many round here, not that I've seen anyway. We have about 4 lidl's though!

Yeh I like Lidl too and have one just up the street, they are pretty good value and the offers are good. Just wish it wasn't such a trek to my nearest Aldi it's over in a part of town that I never go to and also has no free parking at it :( Once I'm back on my feet will take a walk over I do like having cereal bars to snack on, don't really use them for breakfast though not filling enough :( x

EE today

Breakfast: coffee (part A)
Lunch: tuna sweetcorn sandwich (HEB plus 3 syns) harvest morn cereal bar (3 syns) satsuma
Dinner: leftover chilli, brown rice, veggies (superfree sauce plus broccoli & carrots)
Snacks: 1 pink & white (2.5 syns) 2 bananas, 2 satsumas, kiwi berries, harvest morn cereal bar (3 syns) coffee (rest of HEA)
Total syns: 11.5

Hmm yeah, two bananas! Jeezo. Need to go shopping, we have no yogurts, just enough satsumas for lunch at college the rest of the week and no snacky things, so I went on a banana binge tonight. We have 7 syn cereal bars and 5 syn crisps but I'm trying to keep syns low to balance it all out!

Aaaand also I am really hoping for a good loss this week to get into the 19s (or maybe get my 2st sticker!!) so if I don't get one I am revisiting this EE business.

Edited to add that since writing about wanting a good loss I cannot stop thinking about WI day - it seems so far away!!!!

Last edited:
EE today

Breakfast: about 3 coffees (had an exam this morning....) (HEA) go ahead slices x 3 (7.5 syns)
Lunch: tuna sweetcorn sandwich (HEB plus 3 syns) satsuma, crisps (5 syns)
Dinner: mince with onions, peas, carrots, sprouts, mash, gravy granules (2 syns??)
Snacks: banana, bran cereal bar thing (4.5 syns)
Total syns: 22

Lol @ having exactly 17.5 syns.... Mind you it's still early, still time for the syn count to go up! Edit: told you! ;)

Last edited:
Hello!! Admittedly I haven't got through your entire diary but I am now subscribed. It seems you, I and IRC just follow each about the forum these days. The boards need to worry when we all start cackling.....

I LOVE aldi but it's just too far from me- I'd spend more in travel costs than my usual shopping. Must be worth a weekly trip for fruit tho, I'm sick of paying Asda fruit prices.

JezVonSavage said:
Hello!! Admittedly I haven't got through your entire diary but I am now subscribed. It seems you, I and IRC just follow each about the forum these days. The boards need to worry when we all start cackling.....

I LOVE aldi but it's just too far from me- I'd spend more in travel costs than my usual shopping. Must be worth a weekly trip for fruit tho, I'm sick of paying Asda fruit prices.

Hey Jez :D oh don't worry my diary is mostly just food entries and me rambling, you haven't missed much by skipping to the end ;)

I think Aldi need to open more Aldis so we can all shop there more often! Tbh I think my nearest Asda is about the same distance as the Aldi, just at different ends of town, it's just inconvenient.

EE today. Having drinks tonight so syns are out the window! Deserve a drink after today though! Long day :(

Breakfast: bran cereal bar (4.5 syns) coffee x2 (HEA)
Lunch: tuna sweetcorn sandwich (HEB plus 3 syns) 2 satsumas
Dinner: mince & tatties again (leftovers :D)
Snacks: Jim Beam x4 (18 syns) fluffernutter (6 syns) reeses cups (7 syns)
Total syns: 40 I think

Edit: have stopped at 4 JB's, too tired to keep drinking! Had some peanut butter naughties tho hehe :D oh and it's WI tomorrow, am so excited :D

Last edited:
Look what I got!!!!!!

2_stone.jpg

I hope that worked? If you can't see the pic let me know, or else I will feel like a fool lol.

So, 4lbs off this week!!! Taking me into the 19s :woohoo: and to a total of 2 stone 1 pound loss :D:D I am seriously excited! I was so nervous before I went up to weigh in, I thought I was going up there to see a STS staring back at me, or a gain, this week I've been planning to switch to red thinking EE had stopped working... well it hasn't! :D:D

Woooooooooooooooooooooop!!!!!!!!!!!

Aw yay, well done honey! xxxx

VoH dresses in sight... x

Thank you :D

Oh yes they are! I'm so happy I could cry, how sad am I lol

Getting into the next stone always feel like a massive jump for me :)

No I know what you mean! I started out at 16st 2 and I'm nearly in the 14's- even though I haven't lost 2 stone it kind of makes me feel like I have :rolleyes:

Editing this to add the drunken munch! I feel bad for not including it. Tbh I can only remember what I've added. There may be more....

Food diary time

EE today

Breakfast: coffee (milk 2 syns)
Lunch: a banana and a satsuma
Brunch?? or Linner??: toast (HEB 2 syns marge) WW sausages x2 (1 syn) bacon, beans, poached egg (1 syn BBQ sauce)
Dinner: smoked fish risotto with random veg (cheese HEA)
Snacks: total 0% greek yogurt with the strawberry corner bit (2 syns) marshmallow fluff (2 syns) rf peanut butter (2 syns) drinks (say 40 syns)
Drunken munchies: peanut butter (4 syns) fluff (3 syns) nutri grain (6.5 syns) WW fruity loaf with marge (5 syns)
Total syns: 30.5 (on food!) 40 (on drinks) = 70.5

Weekly count: 198.5 (or about 30 a day! eek)

Last edited:
Like the sound of smoked fish risotto, is it your own recipe Chef Penguin??

Lmao that made me chuckle!

It is actually, but I only use Asda's finest smoked river cobbler, because no other type or brand of fish taste as good as this one. The rice also has to be Asda's own brand, Tesco won't do! And make sure you stir it five times to the right and seven to the left, using a saute pan and a wooden spoon, also bought from Asda. If it doesn't bubble after 10 minutes you're doing it wrong and should post a comment below to a) make me more money and b) be ridiculed by other chef types.

That was my best impression of a YT guru btw... lol *sits back as Tesco goes bust*

LOL, I wasn't expecting that, haha, I've just spat tea every where!!!

The alcohol is now flowing. To count syns or to not count syns, hmmm.

I lost 4lbs, I deserve a drink!! :D *conveniently loses all knowledge of alcohol syns*

Yeah you do deserve it. I tend to just keep an "idea" of what I've had and that normally ends up being 4....because I don't remember anything after that. So 4.

Back