Evilpenguin's food diary

Only had 10 syns yesterday, woo! Got a massive order of veg in today (if you're in Edinburgh check out yourlocalfarm.co.uk and check out the size of their parsnips! I need to post a pic later of mine!) so I'm gonna make some more soup later! I have beetroot to experiment with too and curly kale which I've never had before so am excited to try it :)

EE today

Breakfast: coffee (part HEA) alpen light (3 syns)
Lunch: ham salad sandwich (HEB plus 2 syns) clementine
Dinner: meatballs & rigatoni with super free tomato sauce ragu stuff (pepper, carrot, onion, tomatoes, celery)
Snacks: another coffee (HEA) lemon cheesecake mom yoghurt (2 syns) walkers baked crisps (5 syns)
Total syns: 12

Last edited:
EE today

Breakfast: coffee (part HEA) alpen light (3 syns)
Lunch: ham salad sandwich (HEB plus 1 syn) 2 satsumas, coffee (rest of A)
Dinner: pork stroganoff with mashed potato, curly kale, carrots, peppers and onion (5.5 syns)
Snacks: WW caramel bar (4.5 syns) WW Jaffa roll thing (4 syns)
Total syns: 18

Last edited:
Today I have been off college because my car was due it's MOT and my bf and I have this MOT ritual of going to a cafe near the garage and having breakfast while we wait on the car (and any excuse to not be at college is fine by me right now;) ) Despite being on SW, this year was no different :D So today is a bit high syn wise, but I inadvertently planned for this by having less syns all week :rolleyes:...

EE today

Breakfast: 2 slices white bread toast with real butter :cool:, slice of haggis, slice of black pudding, slice of bacon, 2 fried eggs, 2 hash browns, baked beans and a sausage.... 87263940 syns :eek: oh and a coffee (HEA:D )
Lunch: didn't need one after breakfast
Dinner: river cobbler, mashed potato, cabbage, broccoli, carrots
Snacks: alcohol later - allowing about 50 syns:D
Total syns: is it even worth counting :rolleyes: 50 plus about 40 in breakfast, errrrr..... 90 :innocent0002:

You know, it's really only one meal off plan, dinner will be totally on plan and I'm only going to snack on free things if I get hungry today, so I'm not bothered (but not because I've lost my mojo or anything :) ) I'm not thinking oh sod it and ordering a takeaway, which would be easy done after a 40 syn start to the day! And you have no idea how hard it was to resist the cakes.. oh man the cake :drool: BUT I did! :D

I think the key to this plan is to be honest, I'm here writing this food diary and not hiding any of it - yes I put the real butter on the white bread toast myself, no one forced me! And I did order the EXTRA LARGE breakfast because you know what, it was £1 more and it had haggis - HAGGIS!!!! I think it would be a lot worse if I was sitting here crying about being off plan for one meal, and I'd end up comfort eating biscuits and so on.... so I'm actually happy about my off plan breakfast - it was amazing! But no, I'm not going off plan because of it, I'm not punishing myself for having a life! It's the last ever fry up/full english/real butter of 2012! And it was damn good :D

Will be back on plan 100% tomorrow - and it's WI! Breakfast won't catch up by then will it?! Hope not - gives me a week to make up for it ;) :D

Lost 1.5lbs this week! Tbh I was expecting more with me having less syns this week, but it's still star week and I had mega syns yesterday so this is fiiiine! My scales were being a bit funny tho - couldn't make up their mind at first so I'm gonna get new batteries for them for next week's WI :)

EE today

Breakfast: poached eggs on toast and 2 venison sausages (HEB plus 2 syns)
Lunch: nom banoffee yoghurt (3 syns) satsuma
Dinner: fish again, with cabbage, potato, broccoli and carrot (3 syns marge)
Snacks: grapes, satsuma, mini Lindt bunny (unsure of syns) coffee (HEA)
Drinks: 2 med glasses wine, 10 vodkas
Total syns: errr.... a lot?

Last edited:
Hungover ughhh :( :(

EE today

Breakfast: a bite of a WW mini roll thing (2 syns)
Lunch: toast, fried egg, scrambled egg, beans, cheese, venison sausage, bacon (HEB, HEA, 4 syns)
Dinner: mince & mashed potato
Snacks: home made veg soup, coffee (2 syns) shape yoghurt (0.5 syn) WW caramel bar (4.5 syns) alpen light (3 syns) grapes, pear, plum, satsuma
Total syns: 17

Last edited:
This week I promised myself I'd be 110% to make up for the weekend, then last night we get a call from my bf's dad inviting us to lunch today. I know it's easy to say no, but he rarely sees his parents and his dad sounded really eager to take us out, so we agreed. I know I can keep it relatively low syn, it's just we have no idea where we're going, just the area we're meeting him in - so it could be noodles, curry, fish n chips, bar food etc there's so many options! I will keep it as healthy as possible!!

So EE today

Breakfast: coffee (milk 1 syn) alpen light (3 syns)
Lunch: Indian tapas, red wine, jack daniels, vodka, a muffin
Dinner: chocolate philly on toast (HEB plus 4 syns)
Snacks: none
Total syns: 7489654320

Last edited:
Why is it so hard to get back on track after a bad weekend? So far today has been ok, but I was sidetracked by these peanut butter ritz cracker things in the Chinese supermarket :drool: according to the pack 5 of them is 10 syns, worth it but not regularly lol. I did stay away from the sandwiches in Asda tho!! Bought a roast chicken instead, mmmm rotisserie chicken :drool: fed the skin to my bf and munched on some earlier, shredded the rest and I'm going to put it through my pork stir fried rice thing!

I really don't want a gain at WI, but it will probably go that way :( I am officially back on it 100% now but I always feel really guilty after a weekend like this one just gone, too much alcohol and synful food!

EE today!

Breakfast: coffee (milk part A) alpen light (3 syns)
Lunch: 5 peanut butter cracker things (10 syns)
Dinner: pork/chicken fried rice, brown rice, peppers, asparagus, bean sprouts, onion, cabbage
Snacks: some roast chicken :drool: satsuma, pear, ham on toast (HEB plus 3 syns)
Total syns: 16

Last edited:
EE today

Breakfast: coffee x2 (milk HEA) 4 x pb cracker things (8 syns)
Lunch: baked potato with bacon, chicken, sweet corn & mayo (2 syns mayo)
Dinner: spaghetti carbonara (light cream cheese 5 syns)
Snacks: 2 satsumas, a pear, 2 alpen light bars (HEB) shape yoghurt (.5 syn) scan bran with ham (1 syn)
Total syns: 16.5

Need more superfree!!!

Last edited:
Had a sneaky peek on the scales this morning, 1/2 on apparently :eek: and well deserved! Still, WI is not until Saturday so it could be more. I really hope I get away with a half on! I feel so mad at myself for those meals I had off plan, all the wine, the muffin!!! :mad: But we all have to have a life, don't we? Imagine if I'd gone out for lunch with my bf and his dad and drank water whilst picking at a salad - I'd have looked ungrateful, unsociable and I would have felt miserable about it. I know that the breakfast on Friday was just out of pure greed - we could have easily got on a bus home and had something SW friendly! But it's like our ritual, something we look forward to, cos we never go out or anything! So I shouldn't feel bad really.

It's like after a 'binge' the SWer inside of me goes on strike and starts demanding danish pastries and chocolate because "you may as well - you've ruined it now", so I know that if I just ignore her she will go away and I'll be reunited with my motivation! It is strange though, I wonder if it happens to all of us, if there's a trigger in junk food that sends your cravings wild. Having a cigarette rarely stops at just 1, so is it the same for a maccie d's?! :rolleyes: Who knows, getting a bit deep here lol.....

Anyway I think I've done well considering! I have been really hungry (for junk food) since that breakfast on Friday and have managed to ignore the cravings, I just over done it a bit with booze at the weekend! Monday was a random lunch that will probably never happen again, its not something I expected and tbh it was actually really lovely! It's not like we continued to binge all week after it, we even gave V-Day a miss!

Going to stop justifying it to myself now and move on :D

One thing I am truly excited about - 3LBS TO GO TIL THE 19's!!!!! Seriously, every stone is like a massive hurdle, I almost think I self sabotage whenever it gets close to the next stone because I don't actually believe that I'll ever lose weight :confused: but I will so yay :D nearly in the 19s.. then it's 18s... then 17s... then possibly a new dress size, I wish 24 would hurry the feck up! My 26 jeans are lose, the 28s are a tent on me now (had to buy a 28 in Evans in August, before I restarted, would hate to think what size I'd need now if I hadn't got back on the SW wagon :eek:) My 24 tops are the same really, baggy but not unwearable.... just want 24 sized hips so I can wear my old jeans again... :D :D :D Oh and I have this lovely jacket I got last year that I've never been able to wear, it's apparently a size 26 :rolleyes: aye right! It fits now, zips up (couldn't get the zip to meet a few months back), but it's not comfy and rides up at the back when I sit down, a few more lbs I reckon ;)

EE today

Breakfast: coffee (part HEA)
Lunch: fruit salad: pineapple, melon, grapes, orange, satsuma, another coffee (rest of A)
Dinner: rigatoni, meatballs & super free sauce
Snacks: go ahead slices x3 (7.5 syns) satsuma, banana, choc philly on toast (HEB 4 syns)
Total syns: 11.5 so far

Last edited:
No idea how I managed an 11 syn day yesterday. Miraculous.

Jumped on the scales again this morning, now I'm 1lb up! Definitely not getting away with it am I lol :D

EE today

Breakfast: coffee (part A)
Lunch: a satsuma, shape yoghurt (0.5 syns) go ahead slices x3 (7.5 syns)
Dinner: changed my mind about the ramen and had a thai green curry instead with turkey, baby corn, cabbage, onion & a spice paste (4 syns coconut milk, 1 syn paste)
Snacks: poached eggs on toast (HEB plus 2 syns) satsuma, SW chips with BBQ sauce :drool: (1 syn)
Total syns: 16

Had a hunger attack earlier so I cooked some of my frozen SW chips :drool: love them! Going to do them on the fan setting next time as they weren't very crispy but really good :)

Last edited:
Ummmm... I lost a pound! :eek: How?! I hear you ask. Er, I dunno. I was totally expecting a gain of 1 - 2lbs, it had been showing on the scales for a few days, WI day comes and I was really not looking forward to getting on the scales... when I finally do they show a pound loss :confused: I really shouldn't question it should I?! :D

Anyway, I was looking over my real life weight loss tracker thing (I posted the document a while back on here, it's just like the WW tracker thing but prettier :rolleyes:) and I noticed my losses have gone from 2 - 3lb a week to 0.5 - 1.5lb a week*, which is weird, but looking over my food diary I think I'm eating too many carbs and not enough veg! I really do try to get my superfree, some meals it's hard (like carbonara) so I try to eat a lot of fruit on those days. I really thought bringing my syns down would make some sort of a difference :confused: but, saying that, these last couple of weekends have been somewhat over indulgent, with the vodka and the tapas etc, so I'll see what next week brings before I look into this matter any further! Because I'm not drinking nor am I partaking in any pub grub feasts this weekend!

* also, my predicted goal date has gone from Dec 2012 to Feb 2013 :eek: all because my average loss has gone from 2lb a week to 1.9lb a week. Crazy!

This post is way too long to add my food diary onto it, the other essay style post I had the other day caused lots of annoyance when trying to edit my food diary from my phone, so I'll double-post today to save the faff later :cool:

EE today

Breakfast: 2 coffees (HEA) I am now quite hyper......
Lunch: beans, scrambled eggs, toast (HEB plus 2 syns)
Dinner: turkey ramen thing I was meant to have yesterday with cabbage, spring onion, purple broccoli and chilli (1 syn sauce mix)
Snacks: go ahead slices x3 (7.5 syns) satsuma, kiwi berries, baby beetroot, mini twister ice lolly :D (2 syns) walkers baked crisps (5 syns) shape yoghurt (0.5 syns)
Total syns: 18

Last edited:
Been busy today so haven't had time for the food diary so here it is!

Breakfast: coffee (milk 1 syn)
Lunch: chicken strips, fridge raiders (2.5 syns) harvest morn cereal bar (3 syns)
Dinner: pork chops with mustard & cheese (HEA plus 3 syns) SW chips, carrots, swede, kale
Snacks: 2 x pink and whites (5 syns) satsuma, banana & choc philly on toast (HEB 4 syns) and I munched another pink & white before going to bed :eek: oops (2.5 syns)
Total syns: 21

Wanted to add that I put new batteries into my scales and have lost another pound and a half! Weighed in the same pj's at the same time as WI yesterday (11am ish) and they show 20st bang on! Won't record the number til next Sat obviously but errrr wtf lol :)

Last edited:
Your magical scales sound good I want some! ;) x

Need to stop going over syns, especially after my lucky escape from a gain at WI! Will stick to 17.5 today :D

Breakfast: 2 x coffee (HEA)
Lunch: harvest morn cereal bar (3 syns) banana, 1 pink & white (2.5 syns)
Dinner: spaghetti & meatballs with super free sauce and way less pasta than usual!
Snacks: nuked pink & white (2.5 syns) chicken slices on toast (HEB plus 2 syns) FF onken & chopped pineapple, satsuma, half a pack of fridge raiders (1.5 syns) and another pink & white :D (2.5 syns)
Total syns: 14

Last edited:
Oh I didn't know harvest morn cereal bars could be used as a B choice :eek: searched to see if I was synning them properly and booya, I am! And I could also have 2 and count it as my B :D I seem to be forgetting to have it, with not being at college and using it for my sandwich at lunch, so at night I'm like oooh toast time, when I could just have another one of those yummy cereal bars :rolleyes: ah well, back to college tomorrow. The joys :rolleyes:

EE today

Breakfast: 2 x coffee (HEA)
Lunch: my own weight in chopped pineapple, harvest morn cereal bar (1/2 HEB)
Dinner: was slag bol but we turned the bol into chilli and had it with small portion of brown rice and veg (superfree sauce in chilli as well :D )
Snacks: harvest morn cereal bar (rest of B) satsuma, banana, go ahead yoghurt slice x1 (3.5 syns) 2 x pink & whites (5 syns) had a few SW chips out of random hunger and later on I'm gonna have a hot chocolate (3 syns) with a toffee waffle (8 syns) cos I boycotted pancake day but want a waffle lol
Total syns: 19.5

This sticking to a set number of syns thing is silly, as long as I have low syn days after high syn days it should work out to 17.5 daily! :)

Last edited:
Oooh where did you get these harvest morn bars? 3 syns sound great for with a cup of tea or even better 2 as a HEB :) what flavours? x

I got mine from Aldi, £1.29 for a box of 6. I got the chocolate orange ones, they're seriously amazing. Have you ever had the choco orange hifi bars? They taste better than those and you can have 2! They had apple and raisin ones and berry ones too, I'm not sure if they are all in the less than 70cals range though. They aren't exactly cheap considering they're from Aldi but they are way tastier than Alpens and pretty much the same price!

Cool thanks for the info. Aldi isn't too close by but could make a special trip to try some and stock up on all their cheap fruit & veg too :) x

Back