Evilpenguin's food diary

Thanks guys! Still hyper about it today lol. Got my confirmation letter in the post :D woo!

So, Easter hols have begun. Well I'm only off for about 5 days instead of 20 now so it's hardly holidays. But, it is sunny! Hoping it lasts cos we *might* have a BBQ tomorrow!! And possibly a few ciders. The BBQ would be SW but the cider isn't obviously, so I'll probably be flexi synning :eek: even if we don't do a BBQ I will still have cider/some sort of alcohol. I just got a job - I need to celebrate this!! lol :D

I would've celebrated tonight but I am really tired today. I just drank a sugarfree red bull and then had a coffee (with 2tsps of coffee:eek:) and I'm still about to fall asleep here :( I might actually go for a nap before dinner.

Anyway. EE today. I realised that the last few days could have all been green if I'd just not eaten ham on my sandwich! Oh well lol.

Breakfast: oaty bar (3.5 syns) coffee (part A)
Lunch: ham salad sandwich (HEB 1.5 syns) velvet crunch (4 syns)
Dinner: change of plan- chicken chow mein (10 syns, I know it's less but just to be sure)
Snacks: 3 honey & mustard crispy bite things from Lidl, no NV on pack & google didn't help, so guessing 1 syn each (3 syns) mars ice cream (7 syns) banana, a coffee (rest of HEA)
Total syns: 29

I will have more fruit in tomorrow so superfree snacking can recommence. Only got bananas & little satsumas in and haven't really fancied them :( I'm still doing everything else properly so hopefully the lack of fruit won't have a big effect on WI??? Sometimes I don't get SW anyway - only snack on free or superfree, and have between 5 and 15 syns a day - how are you supposed to use your syns if you fill up on free/superfree first? Think it encourages eating for the sake of it sometimes!

Too tired to think about that stuff now though lol... Dunno if I'll even have dinner tonight I am literally going to bed now to nap.....:sigh:

Edit: had a nap, woke up late and lazily ordered Chinese for dinner!!

Last edited:
Well that nap was certainly refreshing!! Woke up about 8.30, have ordered a Chinese for dinner because neither of us can be bothered cooking risotto. Means we can have it tomorrow, so BBQ is postponed lol.

Went for the lowest syn thing I know of which is a chow mein! :)

Hehe just worked out my weekly syns, having the Chinese still leaves me with 18 syns a day until Sunday when my new week begins! Might use all them tomorrow on drinkies and try to have a 0 syn day on Sat - or at least a very low syn day!

Hoping for a loss despite possibly going over weekly syns with alcohol tomorrow lol! :D

Anyway. EE today. I realised that the last few days could have all been green if I'd just not eaten ham on my sandwich! Oh well lol.

Breakfast: oaty bar (3.5 syns) coffee (part A)
Lunch: ham salad sandwich (HEB 1.5 syns) velvet crunch (4 syns)
Dinner: change of plan- chicken chow mein (10 syns, I know it's less but just to be sure)
Snacks: 3 honey & mustard crispy bite things from Lidl, no NV on pack & google didn't help, so guessing 1 syn each (3 syns) mars ice cream (7 syns) banana, a coffee (rest of HEA)
Total syns: 29

Sometimes I don't get SW anyway - only snack on free or superfree, and have between 5 and 15 syns a day - how are you supposed to use your syns if you fill up on free/superfree first? Think it encourages eating for the sake of it sometimes!

They still could be Green - as you've called it EE you've only had one HEXB, so your ham should easily come in as the second HEXB (90g ham = 1HEXB). :) So youve got another HEXA free :D

Its *advised* to snack on superfree first but you dont *have to* every time :) And syns dont have to be spent on calorific snacks y'know ;) , you can just use a bit of oil or butter in your cooking, have some mustard/ketchup/sauce with your food, have some extra cheese/milk/bread/nuts or whatever.

Tbh I find it better to try to avoid spending them on chocolate, crisps etc (although obviously you dont have to, it doesnt work for everyone) as they are the hardest thing to cut out and the main thing blocking us enjoying healthy food for the sake of it. I find junk food just makes me crave more junk food, whereas once its outta my system I just dont get the urge anyway and I can focus in really tasty healthy food made even better by spending my syns making it taste fab :)

Anyway, Im rambling, well done on the job!!! :)

Thanks Erm :D

Yeah I suppose I could've called those days green (apart from yesterday with the chicken chow mein!) I need to plan these things better, so that I can have the full allowances if I do decide to do green but then have meat on a sandwich. Or red but with mash for dinner! :)

Thanks for clearing up the snacking thing! I always felt that when I ate a packet of crisps I really should've ate an apple instead but then I wondered why we had syns if that was the case! And most days I do snack on fruit first but feel I need to use my syns too! Have hardly had any syns this week, well I have, but it was like 10 one day then my full allowance the next. But then I've hardly had any fruit either! Getting my supplies today tho :D

You're right Erm, junk food does make you crave more of it! I do try to have "healthy" junk, I rarely eat chocolate, it's usually a cereal bar, or 5 syn crisps instead of the 10 syn ones. I think that's basically what I spend my syns on - velvet crunch, oaty bars, ice cream and yoghurts. Sometimes it's light cream cheese in a meal, or milk if I haven't got my A choice. I need more healthy syns!

I would like to branch out a bit more and spend healthy syns - have an avocado salad, use olive oil in cooking, or snack on dried fruits or nuts, but because what I'm doing is working I haven't got that 'excuse' yet iykwim. When I plateau it's definitely something I'll do. Been saying for ages that I need to cut out the cereal bars!! :rolleyes:

Yeah I juyst cant leave it at one. They can sit there for ages if thepackets not open but once it is thats it, I eat the whole house. :( The other day I thought Id have 2 of these biscuits (that the OH hadnt taken to work like I told him to), inevitably I ate the whole lot, then 2 Alpen lights, then a HiFi bar, I would have just carried if Id had any more in the house :rolleyes: Respect to you if you can stop at one or two!

At least they're gone now, no more temptation laying around :) no point beating yourself up about it now. I am like that with some things. Can't have pink & whites, biscuits or fun size chocolate in the house. I can't control myself. Then I feel bad and eat more, the vicious cycle begins, so I just avoid those things.

I was really good with my mikados, only had a couple each day, but then we opened the 2nd pack and bam - gone in seconds lol. I'm pretty sure that was my birthday though so I was using any old excuse to eat what I wanted.

I realised at Xmas that if I eat junk I am more likely to fall off plan than if I just ignore the craving. If I eat the junk, I can't stop at 2 or 3 things, then I crave more and because I've "already ruined it", I give in and eat more, and so on. If I ignore it I can usually get past the craving. If I don't manage to ignore it I just have to keep positive and tell myself well it's out of your system now, get back on plan! But I will still crave more, and it is harder to ignore the craving :( *sigh*

Tis bloody hard this thing eh!! We are doing great though :D should be proud of ourselves :)

When do you start the new job?

Start on Monday, Ally! Working all of Easter except the long weekend, just to get trained up.

EE today

Breakfast: coffee (part A) chewee bar (5 syns)
Lunch: Asda sushi (3 syns)
Dinner: leek, pea, bacon risotto
Snacks: bourbon x about 10 (40 syns) glass of B wine (4 syns)
Total syns: 52

Last edited:
At least they're gone now, no more temptation laying around :) no point beating yourself up about it now. I am like that with some things. Can't have pink & whites, biscuits or fun size chocolate in the house. I can't control myself. Then I feel bad and eat more, the vicious cycle begins, so I just avoid those things.

I was really good with my mikados, only had a couple each day, but then we opened the 2nd pack and bam - gone in seconds lol. I'm pretty sure that was my birthday though so I was using any old excuse to eat what I wanted.

I realised at Xmas that if I eat junk I am more likely to fall off plan than if I just ignore the craving. If I eat the junk, I can't stop at 2 or 3 things, then I crave more and because I've "already ruined it", I give in and eat more, and so on. If I ignore it I can usually get past the craving. If I don't manage to ignore it I just have to keep positive and tell myself well it's out of your system now, get back on plan! But I will still crave more, and it is harder to ignore the craving :( *sigh*

Tis bloody hard this thing eh!! We are doing great though :D should be proud of ourselves :)

You're not alone hunny, I was saying to Katy that I can't have multi packs of stuff in the house because I can't stop until they are all gone, although today I went to the £1 shop and they had big boxes of white and dark choccy mikados 2 for £1.50, they may have accidentally fallen into my basket :whistle: at least if I go a bit overboard with them, it's less likely to be a major catastrophe.

Candygirl69uk said:
You're not alone hunny, I was saying to Katy that I can't have multi packs of stuff in the house because I can't stop until they are all gone, although today I went to the £1 shop and they had big boxes of white and dark choccy mikados 2 for £1.50, they may have accidentally fallen into my basket :whistle: at least if I go a bit overboard with them, it's less likely to be a major catastrophe.

Yeah the whole box of mikasos are only about 16 syns so you technically could have the lot and only go over syns by 1! Can you tell I have experience of this lol.

That's why I like chocolate ice cream bars - a twix is something like 14 syns but the ice cream version is only 6 syns, I could have 3 and only be over by half a syn! Couldnt do that with the actual twix bar! I'm not planning on doing that but I feel better knowing if I do, it's not the end of the world! ;)

Well that's good to know, I do have some icecreams from Aldi, their own make and they work out at 8 each. They are like little individual pots of different flavours and you get 4 in a pack. I had the cherry one and it was lovely. Worth having in for a treat and I can at least leave icecream alone, unlike choccies or crisps lol!

Mikado are only half a syn each, there's 18 in a pack which is only 9 syns! :D That's what I binge on if I'm in a bingey mood! :D lol x

Haha that's even better then!! I must've got mixed up with the amount in the pack / syns in the pack lol :)

Think some packs are smaller than others with mikado, I get the bigger ones lol! X

Ah could be the bigger packs I'm thinking of! We always get the bigger ones hehe :D

Lost 3lbs this week :) couple of pounds away from
2 1/2 stone sticker, just hit club 10 and am 19st 7lbs which is the lightest I remember being since 2009, never got any lighter that time, will try to be lighter next week ;)

Food diary later as I'm heading out to the shops just now :D

Great loss well done! X

Hi EP, Have you made the choc roulade yet ? I made mine in a potato roasting pan with about 2" sides the roulade rose to the top of the pan then sank by about half. Not sure if you cook it on flat pan that it wont spill as it is of pouring consistancy ? Good luck :)

Back