Ew Gross. *Not for faint hearted!*

PurpleButterfly

16lb to go!
Well I hadn't used my smoothie maker for a couple of weeks. I went to use it today and a horrible smell came out. Knowing that you can take off the base I did so and gave it a good clean.
Then I started running water through the tap bit (upside down), and this black mouldy snot-like slime came out. It was absolutely gross!! I can't even describe how disgusting it was. And I was about to use it :jelous:

But one good thing was that I discovered that you can unscrew the tap bit of it, I didn't think you could before so I had just been rinsing through after using it, as best I could..

So now I've left it soaking in some boiling water and disinfectant, having thoroughly rinsed out all the black snot I could find and cleaned using cotton buds!

Bit pointless to post this I know, but I thought I'd share anyways!

what does that do?

Not sure I have any presently but I can have a dig in the back of the cupboards!.

Yeah I'd be chucking it too lol x

I'd just be a little suspicious of my smoothies!

I really fancied buying one of those...........................I think I'll give it a miss now lol!!!!

..and if I was rich enough I probably would chuck it!

eee well I'm going to be taking it apart every time I use it now!

Woo I just looked on ebay, I assumed that smoothie makers would be like £20-£30. They're much cheaper, you can get them for under £10 inc postage. Looks like I'll be getting myself a new one then!

Well I hadn't used my smoothie maker for a couple of weeks. I went to use it today and a horrible smell came out. Knowing that you can take off the base I did so and gave it a good clean.
Then I started running water through the tap bit (upside down), and this black mouldy snot-like slime came out. It was absolutely gross!! I can't even describe how disgusting it was. And I was about to use it :jelous:

But one good thing was that I discovered that you can unscrew the tap bit of it, I didn't think you could before so I had just been rinsing through after using it, as best I could..

So now I've left it soaking in some boiling water and disinfectant, having thoroughly rinsed out all the black snot I could find and cleaned using cotton buds!

Bit pointless to post this I know, but I thought I'd share anyways!

You dirty woman you are not as innocent as your mood dictates :D

Hmm wonder if mine screws off *wanders off to check* x

lol! Well I just bought a new one from ebay for a grand total of £1.50! Well ok plus £8 postage but I think it's a bit of a bargain still! Yay no more black chewy bits in my shakes!

I'm so glad I'd finished 'eating' before I read that bit :p

EWWWEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do keep a pack of Sterident under the sink for cleaning things like flasks out after use. I guess a regular soak wouldn't hurt your new smoothie either PB!!!

LOL!
Thing is I did wash it & soak after every use. I didn't take it apart because I didn't know you could take the tap off and the base bit seemed ok.
I know now! so Every time I will be taking the tap off and washing it!
Haha! sorry for being minging above, couldn't resist.

Back