ex-lax help???

emilyj

hi sent hubby out to get movicol as I have run out and have not been for no twos for almost a week!! and yes you gessed it he came back with ex-lax choc senna laxatives, will these be ok or will they knock me totally out??
They dons have sugar!!:p
they say it contains
sennosides
cacoa liquor
sucrose
cocoa butter
lrcithin
vanillin
Im feeling quite bad and really need to get things moving lol. HELP :wave_cry:

sucrose is the same as sugar i beleive hun, but not sure what this will mean 4 u as im not on exante, but thought i would try and help. lol xxx

Hi emilyj, sorry to hear you're struggling! :/
OK, this is going to sound odd but when my baby daughter suffered with her number two's, we gave her something called colief. It's pretty expensive but it really worked, we just put a drop of it in her bottles and away she went!! It wasn't very pleasant but she was only a couple of months old so I'm sure it wouldn't have such a strong effect on an adult! I'm not sure what the ingredients are but it's maybe worth looking at???
Hope it helps a bit. xx

thats ok :) xxx

Hi emilyj, sorry to hear you're struggling! :/
OK, this is going to sound odd but when my baby daughter suffered with her number two's, we gave her something called colief. It's pretty expensive but it really worked, we just put a drop of it in her bottles and away she went!! It wasn't very pleasant but she was only a couple of months old so I'm sure it wouldn't have such a strong effect on an adult! I'm not sure what the ingredients are but it's maybe worth looking at???
Hope it helps a bit. xx
hhhmmm Oh I know the stuff I have twoo little ones lol, off it look in the drawer to see if I still have it!!! I feel great apart from this,xx

I don't think colief will help you, it's for lactose intolerance. I have some senna tabs I'm going to use, and tomorrow I am going to get some suppositries. Once you have the immediate problem sorted, I hear psyllium husk is the best to keep regular x

Hmmmm the mw gave us colief for our bubs because she was constipated and had tummy ache? Ahh well, maybe it's not the right thing to have then! I'm on day 3 and haven't been yet, should I be taking something too then?! I hadn't even thought about it, just thought I hadn't been as there's no food in my tummy to come out!!!
xx

I find it way to strong I have tried it and couldnt stop for two days lol, I did ask exante and they said that there isint anything in movicol that should knock you out. I think Im a bit sensitive to these things!!!

Ducolax is the best thing to take... its VLCD friendly and boy does it work :)

Excellent, thanks Starlight, that sounds like just the ticket for me. The senna isn't doing much good and giving me tummy cramps. I'm off to the high street later so I'll pick some up x

Can you buy ducolax at the chemist??? I've never heard of it but 4 days in and nothing so I'm thinking I may need to make a trip to the shops myself! :D

4 days in and I have gone every day so far.....anyone know why? Not that I am bothered just think it strange that others are struggling. Maybe its coz i have a lot to loose. Have made a note though incase I need it at a later date. Thanks for the info x

Hi Sammy, I didn'tgo for the first 4 days but since then I have gone everyday! I think it's something to do with the amount of water I'm drinking but also, on the exante leaflet it isays that a side effect of havingall of the vits and minerals it supplies is that you may have a dodgy tummy (hence going everyday??). That's what I thought anyway. How much water are you drinking? I'm drinking 4 litres a day and I'm SURE that's what's making me go. Oh, and having a black coffee straight after my shake in the mornings! :) x

I haven't had that problem at all yet but I drink LOADS of coffee!!!

Back