Ex weight watcher

Mandy123

I was doing sw quite recently but i found it a bit expensive so thought i wud try ww, omg ive been bloody starving so im coming back to sw, the only problem i have is i dont lose weight very fast with sw, i no i no i no its not a race but i get sooo demoralised that i giv up, is there anything that cud speed up my losses a bit

SS foods will help you with better weight losses, I would imagine.

xMandyDx said:
SS foods will help you with better weight losses, I would imagine.

Yes I agree, lf you have SS foods everyday you really boost your weight loss try having an orange or grapefruit after each meal peel and eat by the segment and if your feeling really brave try the scan bran challenge 5 scan bran a day every day (as a healthy extra or 1 syn each this is great for speedy weight loss (I've heard) but the slower you lose it the less likely you are to put it back on especially if you hit target.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I was doing sw quite recently but i found it a bit expensive so thought i wud try ww, omg ive been bloody starving so im coming back to sw, the only problem i have is i dont lose weight very fast with sw, i no i no i no its not a race but i get sooo demoralised that i giv up, is there anything that cud speed up my losses a bit

Hey Mandy I'm in the same boat as you, have done sw but its expensive so went to ww 2 weeks ago but I'm starving and my consultant is pants :( doesn't even look up from her paperwork or ask how I'm doing... I miss my sw class and am deciding that maybe I should return to my old class and try and econmise a bit better with the food, anyhoo hope all goes well with you Boo xx

I save a lot of money by pre-planning a week in advance. I might have a few meals in a week which use the same ingredients so I can buy large packs of that ingredient knowing I won't waste it (for example, smart price carrots, parsnips or large packs of cheaper meat). I also look up what meat is on offer that week in asda (they do a 3 for £10 offer, as do tesco) and try to use those meats in my meals.

I love my freezer, so I'll happily buy wholesale meat packages (I bought 2 kgs of chicken a few weeks ago and 2kgs of prawns last week!) and freeze the lot of it in portions! It works for me. My shopping bill most weeks is about £50- that's for 2 people 3 meals a day and a Border Collie who won't eat dog food :rolleyes:

I agree with Jez - planning will help keep the cost down. Make sure you do a shopping list with everything you need for the week, and don't be tempted to stray from the list when you go shopping as that's where the pennies quickly add up - buy only what you need.

For me, the only real extra cost is the extra fruit I now buy to snack on, but i look out for offers on fruit, and also Aldi do fruit at really good prices, if you have one near you.

I joined ww 3 weeks was tempted by the join and first class free offer they were running so thought i'd try it for a change. I have lost weight but feel hungry at times and i'm on 32 pp.I know there's no quick fix to losing and keeping the weight off but you have to feel happy/comfortable with the plan you are following which i'm not.I've done sw in the past ( years ago!) and think i will return to it next week as ww isn't for me. I don't think sw is that expensive to follow-most"healthy food" costs more.

Back