Exante & Diabetes

I have been on exante shakes now for 5 days, and my blood today worried me, my morning fasting reading was 3.9 mmol, and I have been testing it throughout the day and I tested it again just before I had my dinner and it was 3.6...anyone else had worrying readings?

Sorry I've never heard of those readings so don't know what's good or not. There's a diabetic forum which might be more help. But if it's any consolation it's been documented recently that VLCDs can drastically help and in some cases cure diabetes

You need to talk to your doctor as its one of the contra-indications in the terms and conditions of exante, assumedly can be dangerous for certain diabetics. (think it says type 1's and people taking insulin)

As far as I know, type 2 diet controlled should have no problems, and like SL says, it will definitely help and with the weight going it *can* drastically improve and even cure it (assuming you go to proper healthy eating afterwards of course)

Your blood sugar levels will fall very low on Exante, that's why some people feel dizzy and tired. And its more of a risk for a diabetic who's likely to have risky side effects from low blood sugars.

Regardless of which you have, if you are concerned, talk to your doc. x

It does say Type 1 or people taking Insulin, which I'm neither... to be honest my doctor is a waste of space, I went on the diet because I heard in the news that a few diabetics cured their condition being on a VLC Diet, so I went to the doctor to tell him I was going on it, and he said keep taking my blood lowering metformin medication and see him in nine weeks, I stopped taking my medication which seems like a good job because my blood shouldn;t get any lower!! I think a change of doctor is called for :)

This is my 10th week on exante. Being a type 2 diabetic I was on metformin and sitagliptin as last hba1c was 9.4. Have just had it done again and it's down to 5.2, essentially normal. I did keep a very close eye on my sugar levels tho, and when it began dropping I was lowering my meds. I have to say my GP has been very supportive tho. Keep a close eye on your levels tho! Hope this helps! X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back