Exante Newbie

make.ME.slim

Hi everyone.

I'm starting exante TS tomorrow. I'm a 24 year old woman, 5ft10 weighing 15st 7lb. And to be honest I am very nervous, I was wondering if there were any helpful hints as to get through the first few days?!?

The whole concept of meal replacements is all new to me. And well fingers crossed it works, I have successfully gained 4stone plus in a year due to illness, medication and sheer laziness.... I've decided now I need to do something about it. (plus, I'm seriously not going up another dress size... I just can't afford it again - four dress sizes is enough!!!)

I've flicked through a few of the threads and you all seem to be doing so well, even with the off days. So hopefully I can actually get some will power and do this diet.

So any tips on surviving the first few days would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance :)

Welcome MMS1 VLCD's work!! They are not a magic cure you will find hard times but the support on here is fantastic. The results are so much quicker than other diets that motivation is not dificult if you are determined enough (and it certainly sounds like you are!) We can all relate to your comments and wish you luck on your exante journey. XX

Thanks. So far so good (albeit That it is only 1pm lol) The shakes are much nicer than I expected so I am pleasantly pleased. I go away At the end of September, 12 weeks exactly so I'm hoping that acts as another incentive :)

good luck, stay positive and you'll be fine. i'm just imagining myself in a trim winter coat whilst doing the christmas shopping! that's spurring me on.

I'm on day five, and feel really good today! Not particularly been hungry and have forced a bar and a shake down. I actually really enjoy the bars, shakes and soups, I think they are really tasty! I've never done a vlcd before, and found the first evenings, (which is when I usually scoff!) if I was around people I was much less tempted to eat, because they all know I'm doing it! It also took my mind off thinking about food. I've become much more aware in the last five days how much I'd usually eat for the sake of eating, without being hungry. I know it says to do this anyway, but water, water water! One of the fat Evian bottles is 1 litre, so I aim to drink a least three a day, i find if I stick it in my mouth when I'm watching tv ( bit like a guineapig :D) it's gone before I know it! When I have been tempted to cheat, I've thought about how crap it'd make me feel the next day, and how I could have lost an extra pound or two! Good luck, I'm sure you'll do great on it!

I've just started too. I know from previous VLCD experiences that the first three or four days are the hardest. So by the weekend hopefully we'll be laughing. Good luck!

Hi mms,
Glad you got through day 1. I have done vlcd's before and lost stones. This time round I am on day 10, and like you I'm going away in September, which is my motivation.
The only way I can get through it is to be incredibly strict. I don't allow myself anything that's not in the rules, I don't give in to diet saboteur friends and I drink 4 litres of water daily. Water is key to the success of these diets. I also can't deal with having days where I add any foods in, others find that really works for them, but it muddies the waters for me. This time round I am trying to go as long as poss without weighing. This is because I know I'm doing it 100% to the rules so I don't want to put myself off course if I have a slow loss one week. Good luck!

Hey another Hollie!!

How are you getting on? I'm on day 12 and have been 100% total solution throughout. Occasionally you will feel a bit like " god this is so boring I don't know if I can do it" but it will pass quickly. I've only had one day where I was hungry and it was because I didn't drink enough water.

Good luck with you journey, looking forward to hearing how you get on in the next few weeks :)

Hol x

Back