EXANTE SHAKES OR SOUPS

feeling very positive this morning, this is the first day of the rest of my thin life. I don't mean to sound negative I think I am scared of failing with this and I really don't want to. I am going for this big style and I WILL be recording my weight loss and progress and I will stick with it. Only I can make the change. I have booked in some beauty treats at my local salon as a treat and to take my mind of things and build my self esteem. I think thats what it boils down with me. Thank you for all your support and I will keep you posted.

Well first day okay so far.........had choccie shake for lunch and 1/4 bar to nibble saving rest for ths evening, just having my soup now. Opted for Veg it is lovely and creamy, bit of black pepper and yum. Bought some stix to wee on too so I can see when my body is using it's own fat stores, that''s the bit I think is amazing. Don't feel hungry just had moments when have thought about food.

:break_diet:Im a newbie too and i am going to start my exante on tuesday,when im back at work.I have 10 stone to lose,and i will desperatly miss my tea with skimmed milk.Would it be ok to have 3 meal replacements and half a pint of milk as a sub rather than have 4 meals??? Hope you can help........:confused::confused::wave_cry::lost:

:party0019: Where do you get yor weght loss tickers from???

http://www.tickerfactory.com/ezticker/ticker_designer.php?type=3

If you are following the Exante Total Solution you completely replace all foods with the packs therefore milk would be off the menu. The following quotes are from the Exante website "Total Solution - This solution is total abstinence from conventional food", " Replace all of your conventional food with 3 or 4 our nutritionally complete soups, shakes or bars (providing either 600 or 800 kcals)"

If you are following the Working Solution then you would be able to have your milk by calculating it into your 400cal meal allowance.

I got a pink keto stick today I was so happy , although my boyfriend got a bit of a shock with me running around with a stick in my hand saying its positive lol

I'm pleased you're so happy, but it's only a byproduct of the process and not an end in itself! lol

Don't get too hung up over it :)

I cant use ketostix now, I was weeing on them every time i went, i used to take them to work, i was going through a tub a week easy! and it was like a roller coaster, sometimes when it was pink i was over the moon and nothing could stop me... then later that day the stick might not change colour, and i thought cambride diet was the worst thing invented, i hated it, i hated everyone and wanted to giv up.
So... the ketostix went, along with the scales. Dont over do it like i did, and if the odd day its not as pink as you'd like.... just drink more water and try and keep focused!!!

sometimes when it was pink i was over the moon and nothing could stop me... then later that day the stick might not change colour
I was always up and down on the ketostix when I was on LL. Was told I wasn't drinking enough water even when I was up to 5 litres a day! They're not for everyone and I haven't bothered to buy any. You know when you're in ketosis and the stix are a pressure you don't need in my opinion.

Hi all, received my box today and starting Exante tomorrow. I haven't really dieted before, so will be a challenge. Think I will miss crisps and wine!!! But am determined to do it :)

Does anyone know the success rate of people keeping weight off on this diet?

Does anyone know the success rate of people keeping weight off on this diet?

Hello gribblen,

Welcome to here :) Looking forward to sharing your journey.

To answer your question. Your success depends on you only, not what other people may or may not have achieved.
Everyone who follows a VLCD will lose weight. Fact!
Even if you spent all day in bed.

What you need to consider is why you would need to be following a plan such as this. The answer in 99.9% of all cases will be because (like all of us here) you have consistently taken in more calories than your body needs to use and the excess has been stored as fat. Fact!

If when you decide that you have lost the amount of excess weight you want and follow the sensible guidelines for re-feeding and spend the rest of your days making sure that you do not take in more calories than your body requires (which will be banked as fat again) then you should maintain your weight. Fact!

If you go back to the same pattern that has got you where you are now then you will put the weight back on. Fact!

This really is not meant to sound harsh but you need to be aware that in some ways a VLCD is the easy part but retraining your habits/relationship with food and/or drink has to be part of the process as maintaining the loss is for life.

Love Myr xxx

Ketostix should be banned!

When in ketosis, ketones are the bodies source of energy and therefore ketostix will only register if ones body is excreting excess acetone in the urine. If one is not excreting acetone in the urine (or in ones breath, or sweat) it is NOT an indication that ones body is not in ketosis. Furthermore If one is drinking plenty of fluids the urine will be more diluted anyway and less likely to register.

I agree about ketostix. I used them all the time when low carbing last year. I never went above a peach colour but was losing very well. The more you drink the weaker the response. So, I wonnt be buying any this time around :) x

Hi Myr,

Thanks for your reply, I know this is going to be one long journey, just as it was putting the weight on in the first place. I have been so fed up over my bad eating habits that a strict diet seemed a good solution that would restrict what I could eat to overcome cravings for unhealthy food. I was a healthy body weight once upon a time, so feel it is time to re-train my body back to those ways and stop all the negative triggers I used to emotionally over-eat.

I was really just wondering if any follow up research had been undertaken on Exante users long term. People I have told I am doing this diet have been fairly negative and cautious about the extreme nature of it. But I feel I have done my research and want to make this change more than anything. I don't want to be dropping down with a heart-attack when I am 40 because of bad eating habits!!

I know it won't be easy, but I have to be positive I can make the changes long term :)

Nic
x

People I have told I am doing this diet have been fairly negative and cautious about the extreme nature of it.
People who haven't done this type of diet always are. Some are also jealous of the thought of you succeeding where they haven't.
Ignore those who atempt to jeapordise your success. This diet has science behind it and if you stick to it you will lose weight and quickly.
Good luck :)

Back