Exante TS and exercise

mattdm

Hi guys im hoping some of you may be able to share thoughts and experiences around exercise on exante.

Ill be honest ive always been a fat lazy flomp so to suddenly be 3 1/2 stones lighter makes me want to start doing some exercise.

However I have never really exerted myself before and wondered whether I should wait until im re-introducing carbs before I do this?

Of course when I said this to my wife she thought I was just being my usual lazy self but I have genuine concerns about causing muscle damage or worse by exercising with no real fuel inside me.

Any tips greatfully received, My exercise level prior to diet was limited to a short stroll each day.

Cheers

Matt:D

Hi Matt, well done on your loss so far :D
Like you, as far as exercise was concerned I have been a lazy **** :) My exercise was limited to kitchen, sofa, toilet and the odd stroll around town!

I have been swimming once a week for the last 4 weeks and I feel better for it and it's less strenuous on the joints/muscles. Plus I walk wherever I can. Exante recommend 30 mins of gentle exercise.

Taken from Exantediet website: What about exercise?
It can take a couple of weeks for your body to settle down to efficiently use fat for energy, so notice how your body is reacting and if you already exercise adapt your routine to suit. Make sure you drink plenty of water to prevent dehydration. Once the body is geared up to getting its energy from fat, then most people report that they have a surge of energy and WANT to exercise.

Whatever you do it has to be something you enjoy so you will want to do it again. Can you go for a longer stroll/walk with your family? Then increase the speed at which you walk not just the distance. xx

Looking forward to getting back into swimming. My OH is doing a diving course and has been in the pool a lot. It has really got me thinking that I'd like to go for a swim. I used to swim a lot before piling all this fat on.

I really enjoyed swimming while I was away, and plan to continue that now.

I was amazed that I had the energy to use the stairs everywhere - normally it would have been the lift, even for one floor :eek:

As NT said, it must be something you enjoy or you won't keep on with it.

Good luck - and really well done on your amazing loss !

I am also a lazy moo. Have only been on the threadmill once since i started Exante. The plan is to start tomorrow :)

Back