Exante

Glad you have your packs now and can get going. Will be interested to see which are your favourites. You will need to try them all first.

I meant to say that I mix mine with a bit more water than they say to have, as don't like them too thick. But that's just personal taste.

Are you doing 3 or 4 packs a day?

Good luck for your first few days. Let me know how it goes.

im thinking 4....
just because of the length of my day.
I work for myself in the mornings so up at 7... do that till 12, i then go to my full time job till 8.30, half hr commute home ect...
so today i did shake for breakfast, i had chocolate, and i liked it, but i halfed the pack and had a bit more mid morning, and a lot thinner
I'm eating thai chicken soup now, every1 is eating lunch at work when i get in, lots of toast smells and people eating hot food so i decided to have soup now... its ok actually, bit powdery but that is because i forgot my hand blender so had to whisk with a fork with all my might...
planning on having half a bar about 4 as thats when every1 goes on the sweet run to the vending machine...
and a shake for dinner later and i will have that other half a bar for when i get home and watch tv.... if i want it.. do you think thats ok

That sounds like a perfect plan for you.

When I was doing total, I did 3 packs, but was pretty weak and headachey to be honest.

I used to half the shake packs then also. Just to space things out like you have done.

The soups are good if they are blended. I haven't tried them unblended, but can imagine they are powdery.

I also used to half the bar and then went to keeping the whole thing for the evening, as that was my worst time before starting this. I really like the toffee bars.

You have a mighty long day, so four packs is wise! And you will still lose lots on that. I am losing ok on around 800 cals a day.

Can't wait to see what your loss is like in the first week!

Me either
i'm very suprised but it's nearly 6 and i'm not even feeling hungry, i feel fine... glad ive got half a bar for when i get home though..
i had the toffee bar, well half so far it was nice, i found it quite sweet so that meant that half a bar i picked at for about an hr, i think thats helped.... is it right u can have a black tea, as ive had one this afternoon.... don't have my booklet with me

That's a good sign. A day or so and you should go into ketosis.

You are allowed black tea or coffee or any leaf tea. Whilst I was doing total I bought some white tea teabag from Holland and Barrett. They were not as strong as normal black tea and fine without milk.

Glad the first day has been ok for you. :D

ooo i'll have to look into it. having half of my choc sake warm... it's really nice and has helped with the lumpy situation for today

Ooh I haven't tried any of the shakes hot. I might have to give it a try with one of the remaining chocolate ones. I am not that big on the chocolate one to be honest. Banana is my favourite shake.

I have just made a hot banana shake and it's too die for!!! I can't believe I haven't tried it until now. I didn't think they would be nice hot, but OMG, it reminds me of banana's and custard.

I am so glad you did the choc one hot, or I wouldn't have tried it! I am going to try strawberry hot tomorrow.

Hope day 2 goes well for you. Some people find day 2 the hardest on VLCD (my friend did on LL) but I found day 4 the hardest myself. Just keep messaging if you find you are having a tough day!

I loved the hot 1...
Had strawberry this morning i liked it, again i watered it down to 2 glasses, 1 for mid morning.. i liked it
I'm taking the veg soup for lunch and the vanilla shake for tonight, ive already pre-blended them though and decanted them into bottles, alot better than yesterday, i tried i little bit of the veg, it reminds me of the veg cup a soups..
I have to admit i had a tiny headache when i woke up this moning.. i don't know if this was going without carbs for 4 days, but i got up had about a pint of water and it seems to have cleared away.
Infact, i was expecting to feel rubbish today, but i feel great, loads of energy, and really glad i got through a whole day, no cheating, it was'nt that hard.. i think my low may come later in the week, or on my sober night out on saturday.. What can we drink, sparkling water??

Hello There Ladies

I have got 8 days worth of old CD shakes I am going to be using up first but will then be joing you ladies! I am going to be starting tomorrow!

Ihave never stuck to a VLCD before but am determind this time I have the need and desire to look good for a wedding in June and then my holiday in Sept!

So I have a little bet going with my hubby I think that I can loose 4st by my Sept holiday and 2st 7lbs by my cousins wedding in June. Pease tell me that I am not being to optomistic here!

it works out about 2.5lb a week loss so do we think I am being sensible? Hubby says he thinks I can loose 2st 7lb by Sept holiday and I am determind to prove him wrong.

Also I am currently a 20/22, what size do you reckon I can be in for the wedding and then holiday of I do loose the weight? I also go to aqua aerobics twice a week.

Any advise much appreciated.

Cheers

Hi sarah
Yesterday was my first day on exante.
I have tried load's of diets, weight watchers, slimming world, rosemary connelly.... i'm even not a hater of excersize..
I found exante as i feel i need a strict regime and i am hoping one i see my week 1 losses it will spur me to keep at it.
I did not find it that hard yesterday. But that is just one day. Day 2 so far so good.
Regarding how much you can lose, i have no idea. I am sure sarah will reply with some idea's.
However i have found the forum really really helpful and whenever i feel hungry and like i may crack i just grab some water and log on. I am sure you will find it helpful. Great to have you on board xx

Hi Sarah, welcome to our small Exante group! It's nice to have a few others now.

I think your goals are very achievable. I have been going for 7.5 weeks and so far have lost 2st 9lbs. I am aming to have lost 4 stone in 12 weeks. I might fall a few pounds short, but will be pretty much there. My friend lost 4 stone in 14 weeks on LL, so you can do your targets by Sept! Go on, prove your hubby wrong.

I like the Exante products. You will find the shakes aren't as sweet as CD (apparently CD and LL are much sweeter) but they have less other chemicals and you can add a sweeterner. Good luck with it. I am loving the rate at which I am losing.

Glad to hear day 2 is seeming ok Cerii. I felt rough for a few days, but I didn't cut my carbs before starting, so you could well feel better than I did.

I was told that you shouldn't mix the product until you are ready to use it. I think the nutrients break down. I read on another post that Tesco do a hand blender for £4.50. Might be worth you getting another one and keeping it at work.

Veggie soup is my favourite soup. I have just had that also. It's just like creamy cuppa soup.

I am pleased that there are a few of us doing it now. It's nice to have support from others.

Shall I start a new thread titled Exante Support Group, as this one is getting very long. Post your losses on each week also and we can encourage each other.

ooooo really... that seemed to be ideal for me as well
i do have a hand blender, but i work in a radio studio!!! noise... not good...ha ha, oh well we shall find a way round it..
still feeling very full on it,
alltho i am absolutly freezing, it comes in bouts... have you had that

I meant to tell you that you will get cold. You hands and feet might get really cold. That could mean that you are in ketosis now, which is good. Layers of clothing are the only answer.

It must be a nightmare trying to do the diet in the office. I am self employed and home most of the time, so it's easy for me. When I go to a meeting I plan my packs or bar around it.

LL do these shaker cups. Not sure if that would work????

It was one of the exante people who said not to mix it until you were ready to have it.

Well i'll have to bring it in tomorow... i have an old slim fast shaker cup, but whisking yesterday wasn't good enough.. i'll just have to blend in front of everyone...

yes, feeling freezing, it's like i have a chill, the lad next to me is sat in a short sleeved top and i have a tshirt, jumper and my outdoot coat on!!!
I noticed it last night in bed... i woke up freezing.. Oh well must be good,

Yes I woke up freezing last night also. Had heating on most of day, t-shirt, thin fleece and then thick one over the top! Roll on spring...

Morning Ladies

Well today is the day! Day one of my new lifestyle!

Hope you are doing well. I am sure the cold thing will pass once you are settled into the diet and if not then at least were heading into warmer weather!

Have a good day ladies will let you know how I am doing later.

Good luck with your first day Sarah. If you get peckish, keep sipping the water. It really does help!

Unfortunately the cold thing is part of being in ketosis. But as you say, warmer weather ahead.

Shall we all switch to the new thread I opened as this one is so long now.

Naaah let it get long. They might sticky it if they see it's popular enough!

Hopefully we will get an Exante board at some point!

How's it going PB?

Back