Excercise v No excercise...

Deezer

Gold Member
Hiya..

I think there are a few threads that are mentioning this so i though i would try to consolidate all our knowledge on this!!!

I'll go first...

I have (Been very lucky) and felt fine on LT.... So have been able to excrcise.... But i think i have lost more in the weeks i have done less excercise. Although excercise is a good habit to get into and makes me feel great!!!! *Rock and hard place*

How have you all found excercise on LT

First off, I'm a newbie ;). But I have been reading all these posts about losing less weight while excersising...and they are abit discouraging :(. I normally run/do the cross trainer about 3-4 times a week (yeah, I know-but I eat crap the whole time so never really lose any significant weight overall :devilangel: -- though I work out coz I love it more than as a form of losing weight-if that makes any sense :giggle:). I wanted to stop while on LT coz I thought I'd be too weak. However just like you Deezer, I'm ok and so just keeping it up, though trying to limit the cardio to 30 minutes max. I'll see how I get on with my first weigh in on thrusday....fingers crossed. Though Idont think I'll stop doing the excersising coz the thought of the pain when I re-strart working out is actually more scary than not loosing weight on LT due to excersise :eek::eek:. I know, I know... but I am viewing this whole weight loss journey as a long term thing...:cool:

I don't do much but I try to walk 3 times per week for a 6km (fast walk). I don't know if I lose more or not but for sure my legs look much better and hips as well. And like you said, it is good habit. Once I finish LT I will have to focus more on cardio as I want to lose 5 more kg. And as you know the lighter you are - the more work outs you need to do to burn fat.

good post :)

its really discouraging when people say they lose less weight when exercising more. i have no energy as of yet, so walking to school twice a day every day seems to be killing me at the min! HOPEFULLY - this will pass.... and i can start doing more..... i miss the crosstrainer and going running.... xx

Hiya,

I found that after the 1st week of doing it I had high energy levels which I love! Never been into the gym so I just swim and also have an active job which keeps me on my feet for 10 hours a day so I deffo class that as excercise!! Im only on day 2 and luckly not back in work till Friday so Im hoping by then my energy is ready to kick in!!

Light head today...:( but going strong!!

x

I like the boost exercise gives my mood and the benefits of keeping tone and getting rid of cellulite!! No matter how foul I've felt (an ear infection and two tummy bugs) I've managed to get through it and I think it made me feel better overall...

I have been monitoring the days I go to the gym and the days I dont, I know you are not supposed to go on the scales every day but I do. There is no rhyme or reason , some days I have done 600 calories in the gym and the next morning my weight has not moved. Other days done nothing and the following morning I have lost 3 or 4 lb.. It certainly wont do you any harm to go to the gym, you will be toning up anyway but I doubt it speeds up the weight loss process.

Last edited:
Surely there's no way (LT or not) that doing no exercise is better than doing some!!!! Plus if it boosts you mood!!!! Sure THAT there is the aim of the game!!!!

Hey folks I spoke to lipotrim who said gentle exercise on tfr then up this on refeed. The reAson being if we burn this fat it takes it out of our bodies therefore we haven't got the fuel to burn fat we want to get rid off?? Not sure if this makes sense?bit I agree exercising makes you feel great but the loss on the scales makes me better lol xx

Hey folks I spoke to lipotrim who said gentle exercise on tfr then up this on refeed. The reAson being if we burn this fat it takes it out of our bodies therefore we haven't got the fuel to burn fat we want to get rid off?? Not sure if this makes sense?bit I agree exercising makes you feel great but the loss on the scales makes me better lol xx

This is true.... lol.... that makes sense though!!!

Will still keep up my swimming.... but i may take up sitting on the couch!!!! HA!

Haha love it deezer i gp swimming on a wednesday n do zumba on wii. I did do the treadmill but lost nothing where as now it's steady. averaging 5-6 each week perfect 11lbs to go before refeed n I can't wait either way were all differant I suppose xx

they most exercise ive been getting at the mo is running around after my hyperactive toddler. x

taking it easy...

I'm taking it easy for the first 2 weeks-I remember reading somewhere not to exercise too much at first as your body is getting used to the switch to ketones. So I am going to chill out until I get to week 3. I'm going to cycle to work (20 minutes) and go swimming again (now that I can just about fit back into my cossie!)

:character00180:

And it only makes you feel better if you enjoy it! :)
I quite often enjoy getting home from a stressful day and watching TV and relaxing. I hate the gym :(
Not because it's hard work but i cannot stand biking/running/walking/cross training on machines that don't move if you know what i mean! Love a nice bike ride out in the fresh air though but not during the week.
However, i am off to the pool tomorrow evening!

I didn't do even one walk up this week and only lost 1kg/2.2lbs
It's also TOTM but I believe that no exercise didn't help here...

You know, some people saying that when you exercise you don't lose as much weight as you build the muscles. So you don't actually see your scale going down. But even if this happen one day, next day you can see the result. Anyway, I have started to do some work outs to firm my skin and to build new life style idea in my mind. Loosing additional weight because of that is nice doe..

hi,
I find swimming and gentle cardio good and can really find my muscles starting to tone.

I have a vibroplate which really wakes up my body, it's supposed to help you lose weight but I would think that's doubtful. It just loosens me up enough to do more exercise as I have fibromyalgia.

hi,
I find swimming and gentle cardio good and can really find my muscles starting to tone.

I have a vibroplate which really wakes up my body, it's supposed to help you lose weight but I would think that's doubtful. It just loosens me up enough to do more exercise as I have fibromyalgia.

Is that like the Flabelos..... the lady said to me you lose around 300 cals when you do 10 mins..... not sure if its true.... but i must admit i feel good when i've been on it.... I guess it must be good for your circulation!!!

I would tend to agree that if you exercise too vigorously during rapid weight loss then it will have a negative effect, the body cannot sustain too much attack. i think it would be safe and logical to slowly up exercise when entering refeed, and if you have been bad a had a little too much then exercise till its gone :))

Back